PDA

View Full Version : Sounded like trouble

Georgia Rose
04-15-2010, 06:23 AM
My wife told me this morning she was going to re-organise the bathroom cupboard. No big deal but it is where we both have our make-up. Later I came into the house to tell my wife something and found her in the bathroom cleaning. She then tells me I have 12 lipsticks and she only has 6. Why do I need 12 (just bought 3 this week). How do you explain other than a girl needs choice. Sounded like I was in trouble however the next thing she has is "I've put all your make-up in my spare make-up case which is now yours". Used to use an old ice cream container. Now have this lovely case which holds everything including a tray on top which holds 12 lipstick. Maybe it was a premonition to buy those extra 3. I realise this is a bit of a ramble but just got a great feeling that my wife would do this for me.

Jenny Doolittle
04-15-2010, 07:27 AM
My wife complained that my foundation was a lot more expensive.... but she gave me an old makeup bag! :)

We are both lucky to have the partners we do, just give her a huge hug and smile.

AllThingsPretty
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Georgia Rose, It is nice to hear about how helpful and supportive our spouse's are and how the Little things like a used makeup case can make our day :D

Billijo49504
04-15-2010, 07:36 AM
My wife keeps hers in the main bathroom, and mine is in the back bathroom. I just checked I have 26 lipsticks. Most of them I don't use any more, but I got them:eek:BJ

Sarah Doepner
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Unless you have been out to your wife for years it makes perfect sense to have more types and colors of makeup than she does, at this moment. Many of us are attempting to make up for lost time. Ask your wife how many different colors of lipstick or types of foundation she has used since she started using them and compare that number to yours. I think you will find that it's a little more even. I'm only maybe 20% above my wife using that calculation instead of 90%!

kimdl93
04-15-2010, 10:06 AM
I am pretty restrained in make up purchase...my wife and I have similar complexions so we share most everything.

Billijo49504
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
kimdl93, I hope you don't share eye makeup.:doh: Not a very good idea. Besides, when you are down in the dumps, shopping is a pick me up. So when you have enough panties, you buy makeup....BJ

t-girlxsophie
04-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Such a lovely thing for your wife to do for the woman in her life,she sounds like a special Lady

Nail Polish is my downfall,have way too many,but hey! a girls gotta have options:D

Carly D.
04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm that way with shoes.. I wish I could settle on one or two pair but dam I just love them all..

Georgia Rose
04-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the replies. I does seem like I'm trying to make up for the past (late starter). She hasn't counted all the nailpolish yet which we tend to share. Better not let her get ot my panty drawer.:drink:

RADER
04-16-2010, 06:25 AM
When I buy items like lipstick, I get 2 for me and 1;"Look Honney, I found this 1 for You" Works every time. Rader :)

Violetgray
04-16-2010, 06:41 AM
I cannot for the life of me come up with 10 lipstick colors I need, let alone 12. I suspect that the thrill there is in the buying, rather than the wearing!

rocketscientist
04-16-2010, 07:00 AM
I hope she doesn't need your beard cover! Hehe

I am pretty restrained in make up purchase...my wife and I have similar complexions so we share most everything.

Christie ann
04-16-2010, 09:15 AM
My wife has hers in the bathroom drawer and mine is hidden underneath the clothing drawer.