PDA

View Full Version : Im Assuming These Aren’t For You

Bikini Babe Claire
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
So Yesterday I was in Kmart buying some new panties, and when i took them to the checkout the SA looked at me and said Im assuming these Aren’t for you, So I replyed in my calm'est voice Actualy they are. She looked so Shocked but she just kept scaning the items, Then just after I had payed for them she looked up at me again and said you've made my job very awkward now, I just smiled said thankyou when she handed me the bag and left.

It was one of the funniest moments of my life.:lol2:

Staci G
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Why on earth would she assume such as that? I have never been asked that one I always get the "look" and sometimes get is this the right size for you? I always answer yes it is I do know my panty size thank you.

AKAMichelle
04-15-2010, 09:29 PM
So Yesterday I was in Kmart buying some new panties, and when i took them to the checkout the SA looked at me and said Im assuming these Aren’t for you, So I replyed in my calm'est voice Actualy they are. She looked so Shocked but she just kept scaning the items, Then just after I had payed for them she looked up at me again and said you've made my job very awkward now, I just smiled said thankyou when she handed me the bag and left.

Why awkward? That is a very strange thing to say. Asking the question, I am assuming these aren't for you is another strange question.

Nicole Erin
04-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Why would a cashier give two poops who buys what for who (save for tobacco and alcohol)

I think it would be funny if there were like 10 CD's in line all buying femme things. And about that time that stupid song "Man, I feel like a woman" comes over the intercom.

Once in a blue moon, some cashier will make a comment. Once I was buying hosiery and some moron cashier was like, "buying pantyhose hmm?"

Now your job is to hit her line each time you buy something femme.

sandra-leigh
04-15-2010, 09:56 PM
"You" have made her job awkward? Rather than she "feels awkward" ??

Since she is displacing the awkwardness onto you, my personal interpretation would be that she is uncomfortable in selling to cross-dressers, and now realizing that it could happen again, is trying to figure out how she is going to going to deal with her discomfort... try to get over it, ask to be reassigned, ask the store to change policy so she can refuse to sell to "perverts", quit rather than be forced to go against her beliefs... etc..

You didn't do anything to her except make real something she wasn't prepared to handle. Any awkwardness is her problem.

Michelle-Leigh
04-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I would have replied "Oh ? No more awkward than it is for me !" And then would have flashed her a big smile.

NathalieX66
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM
If a sales attendeant says such things, don't even bother getting into a discussion.

or be like me, smile and say "Yeah, they are for me", is there a problem....why, you don't think this looks good on me?"

(usually a chuckle ensues)

I love humouring sales attendants and making things ambiguous as possible, and even flat out admitting the items are for myself. I keep things as humorous & light as possible, even though the SA knows what I'm up to......sarcasm is 90% truth. We all laugh. that's what makes shopping as a crossdresser fun.

Bottom line....control the conversation, without telling lies. :shades:

jenifer m.
04-15-2010, 10:29 PM
yeah i say things are for me now if ever there is a question,or comment.i absolutly love the reactions ive gotten.the other day in old navy i walked in asked an sa to help nme find some sweetheart jeans in size 16.she said am i sure thats her right size,and i said no they are for me.she diddnt miss a beat she said oh you will look good in them,and then she helped me find them.now when ever i go in and see her we just smile at one another with knowing smiles.i love the fact that she knows about me but doesnt care one bit.

suchacutie
04-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Frankly, that's really bizarre. She obviously has issues she needs to work through, and one of them is how to be an effective SA.

tina

Lorileah
04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
she probably awkwardly meant she felt awkward when she was just trying to make a silly joke. It gets boring scanning tags all day and sometimes it is just fun to joke with customers. She will be more cognizant now I am sure. Unless of course the tag was placed in such a manner that she had to stand on her head and twist around to actually scan it

RikkiHauser
04-15-2010, 11:23 PM
This sort of reminds me of the scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when they are in the bathroom doing acid and that guy walks in.

Raoul Duke is narrating:
"With a bit of luck... his life was ruined forever...
always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Now, every time a guy walks in to buy panties, she is going to they are for him. :)

Sarah Doepner
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Is it awkward for her when someone buys hot sauce and ice cream or a teddybear and a gun or when a women buys men's clothing?

I'm assuming this checker needs to get a different job because that one is a little too much of a challenge or maybe just too entertaining.

az_newbie
04-15-2010, 11:51 PM
the last time I was in Target I bought a box of wine and a 30 pack of disposable latex gloves, and the old man at the register was visibly uncomfortable when I checked out

...it was awesome

Cristi
04-15-2010, 11:56 PM
the last time I was in Target I bought a box of wine and a 30 pack of disposable latex gloves, and the old man at the register was visibly uncomfortable when I checked out

That reminds me of a game I used to play with friends (just talk about, never actually doing it): Come up with the list of any three items to buy at the grocery store that make the cashier do a double-take.

Something like plastic wrap, rubber gloves and chocolate syrup. :)

mapletree
04-16-2010, 12:39 AM
good for you

laughter is so important in life

Hope
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
I was in the grocery store today buying some produce and picked up a copy of the May "Glamour" magazine (for the article referenced here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2115186#post2115186) and the guy bagging my groceries took a LONG look at the magazine, took a LONG look at me, and said "OoooooooK." I thought about saying something to him, or the manager, but then I realized that he is a middle aged guy working as a bagger in a grocery store. No matter how you slice that, I win. Besides, he doesn't need any more grief in his life.

That reminds me of a game I used to play with friends (just talk about, never actually doing it): Come up with the list of any three items to buy at the grocery store that make the cashier do a double-take.

Box of condoms, jar of petroleum jelly, and a pack of 9 volt batteries?

I fee like it needs a can of Pringles, or a box of breath mints - but I am not sure what to swap out.

Chickhe
04-16-2010, 12:49 AM
In situations like that you can bait them... say, 'oh? why do you hope that?' and let them run their mouth a bit. Then you can give them a lecture, but usually after hearing their own nonsense they then realize what they said is wrong. Sometimes if they are way off base, you can just say, 'I can see how someone in your situation might thing that...'. It is best not to say too much so you don't get in to an arguement.

ReineD
04-16-2010, 01:08 AM
To the people who are getting bent out of shape, ... I would just give the SA a break. :) I'm guessing she is a fairly young girl who doesn't have much life experience. She was probably just trying to make conversation, trying to be nice.

You handled it beautifully with your humor. Next time she sees people buying items that feels "out of character" to her, she will remember this little incident. I'm sure you've helped her expand her horizons a little bit. :)

Persephone
04-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Box of condoms, jar of petroleum jelly, and a pack of 9 volt batteries?

I fee like it needs a can of Pringles, or a box of breath mints - but I am not sure what to swap out.

Roll of duct tape, package of clothes pins, and a jelly doughnut?

girlalex
04-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Im happy for you having the courage not to hide and tell her that what you were buying was yours. they want to be smart with you and make you feel:o. if they are asking this kinda of question they most likely know its for you, but because they are not too sure about the ethics of their own little secret they would try and make you feel uncomfortable. show them who you are. its time people get used to the fact that if you appear to be a dude that doesn't necessarily mean you are one.:Angry3:

SusieK
04-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Unless of course the tag was placed in such a manner that she had to stand on her head and twist around to actually scan it

:lol2:Hilarious interpretation, cheered me up for the day.:D

nikkijo
04-16-2010, 03:28 AM
i would have said.. your ackward.... you arent the ones stuck in the wrong body.... or you arent the one stuck with underware that is like sand paper against your junk..... so if ya want to talk ackward, i can do that...

Rianna Humble
04-16-2010, 03:55 AM
I'm with ReineD on this one, I think Claire handled it well and we shouldn't have a downer on someone we don't know just because she made a slightly gauche attempt at conversation.

Lucypink
04-16-2010, 03:58 AM
I Just went toi buy some things at Wallmart, and some Ligerie.... I bought a pair of bikinis at the hip with lace, a shiny black Foot less tights and a lace Footless tights also.

I didn't see any strange face of the cashier or the Bager, but if they care to ask or say some thing I will ask back: Do you think they will look good on me?

Toni_Lynn
04-16-2010, 04:32 AM
When I was in college back in the 70s my mum worked as a cashier in a drugstore. She came home one night and was all filled with this story about 'those 2 fags that came in today and bought Nair' (Nair is a hair removal creme for those not knowing)

Next day in biology lab, two guys I knew were prepping some hamsters and using Nair to remove the hair. I asked them about it, out of curiosity. Their response, "yeah, that b!tch in the store gave us a hard time. what the f-ck was her problem" :eek:

My mum hates CDers! But then I guess you could tell that

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Almalexia
04-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Solution: Internet, how I love thou. I get the wierdest looks at department stores though honestly. Nobody seems to notice anything at walmart, probably because you're not even kinda weird compared to what they normally have to deal with.

nikkijo
04-16-2010, 04:36 AM
When I was in college back in the 70s my mum worked as a cashier in a drugstore. She came home one night and was all filled with this story about 'those 2 fags that came in today and bought Nair' (Nair is a hair removal creme for those not knowing)

Next day in biology lab, two guys I knew were prepping some hamsters and using Nair to remove the hair. I asked them about it, out of curiosity. Their response, "yeah, that b!tch in the store gave us a hard time. what the f-ck was her problem" :eek:

My mum hates CDers! But then I guess you could tell that

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

oh boy would i had a hayday with that one that next night...... in more ways than one.... even better iif the hampster was accompanied by a toilet paper roll...

Elizabeth 66
04-16-2010, 06:02 AM
She made the job awkward for herself by asking the question!

Yesterday when i bought some panties the assistant asked me if the size was ok for me, and i just said yes thank-you. then i wheeled the trolley away in a rush, and ran straight into a stand lol. but it was the first time i had bought panties from a shop.

msniki48
04-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Claire,

When she says i assume these aren't for you....you say, You know what happens when you assume ..... smile , and ;)

congrats i have to try this....:heehee:

:hugs:

Roberta Young
04-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Claire this has happened to me several times and have made a personal promise that when it happens again i will say "why YES they are for ME" tired of what others think or say. luv Roberta

Jessica S
04-16-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm with ReineD and Rianna on this one. Put yourself in her shoes(I know most of want to), crossdressing may seem odd to her and she dosen't know how to handle it. If crossdressing was the norm we would all be out in our skirts and heels without any fear of " is that a guy in a dress" type talk. The same reason some of us have this fear, is the same reason the cashier reacted the way she did. There was a lot of venom in some of the message above. Just think how some people react to someone that has a 15 in. mohawk die several colors and peircing all over. Just different strokes for different folks. Claire handle well with humor. No need to torment her if she not on board with what we think is right for ourselves.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
04-16-2010, 08:27 AM
I had a similar experience yesterday, I was buying a thrift store prom dress for a photo shoot I'm doing next week and the lady said to me "so are you buying this to use the material or for your girlfriend?" i also had a cashier at VS ask me if I found everything in my size once and when I said "I hope so," she paused and said "you were supposed to laugh there." I said "I would have but I really hope they fit me since I'm the one wearing them."

I don't think this lady meant any harm, I think she, like a good cashier was just trying to lighten the transaction with some small joke. In her defense most men buying panties probably aren't shopping for themselves, so most of the time that wouldn't be an off putting remark. She probably felt awkward because she assumed shed offended you by joking about it. I'd much rather have a cashier like her than the ones who don't say anything and glare at you like you're ruining their day by checking out at their station, not specific to crossdressing, I just mean cashiers with bad attitudes in general.

jenna_woods
04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Why would she even care who they were for , I would answered the same way, Never been asked that.

Leslie Langford
04-16-2010, 08:49 AM

Well, that cashier feeling awkward about ringing up your panties really breaks my heart - just as much as I'm sure it breaks the hearts of those GG's who just love to flaunt their assets at unsuspecting males, just to see what kind of a reaction they will get. Except that in this case, you weren't doing anything deliberate to make her feel uncomfortable - you were just making a purchase for yourself.

Last year, I underwent a medical test that involved scanning my legs for a possible vein blockage or a thrombosis. The female technician who ran the scope over my legs was wearing a very loose-fitting, low cut top, and underneath it was a demi-bra, which barley contained her ample breasts. She bent over me repeatedly in the course of this procedure, which gave me a clear view practically down to her navel, and there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that she knew exactly what she was doing.

And since I am still a fully heterosexual male despite my penchant for crossdressing, I like to look at a well-developed pair of breasts as much as the next guy. However, there is a time and place for everything, and this was neither the time nor the place. It was very hard to know here to look for fear of being branded a dirty old man despite this overt provocation by what, in my day, would have been called a "c&%k-teaser". What made it worse was that it was just her and I in the room, so even if I had wanted to file a complaint with her superiors, it would not only have been very difficult to prove my allegations, it would have been her word against mine. And as we all know, in such situations, the man never wins.

This was very unprofessional behavior on the technician's part, and I really resented having been put into this equally awkward position.

So rock on, Bikini Babe, and don't for a minute let that cashier's attitude affect your future purchasing decisions. GG's can act as self-centered and manipulative %ssholes as much as males can, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

StephanieH
04-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Have LOADS of panties (a particular fancy of mine) and have NEVER been asked that question! Amazing! Glad you handled it so well. And more amazed they have K-Marts in Australia!? Can't even find one here in Louisiana anymore - stinkin' Wally-World has run 'em out of here! :Angry3:

Teri Jean
04-16-2010, 09:56 AM
A while ago I had bought an outfit that I thought would be a nice casual/dressy number and when I got home I found the zipper on the skirt was broken. Since I had bought it 200 miles away I took it to the Penny's store in my city and asked if I could get a refund or replacement. The SA asked if it was for my wife, most guys would not buy for them and she thought it was wonderful I was, I told her no it was for me. She paused and then with a gentle smile said they could exchange it. We talked for a short time about dressing and I explained my transitioning. She thought It was a sensible choice and wished me the best.

Teri

Barbara_MacKenzie
04-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Going off on a slight tangent, it reminds me of a time that I went into a local supermarket for some pantyhose. On picking them up I managed to knock about six boxes of tampons to the floor. Oh well girl, don't panic; I lifted the boxes of tampons back on to the shelf and advanced to the check out with my head held high - what else could a girl do.

Went through check out with my sole purchase and the young SA looked up and gave me the sweetest smile. Most SA's out there seeem ok (in my admittedly limited experience).

Barbara :)

JenniferR771
04-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I often tell clerks, "I am ,the crossdresser." Amazingly I had one at Goodwill girl say, "What's a crossdresser?"

And yesterday at the same store, I said the same thing and a nicer girl recognized me from a year ago when she worked at a different Goodwill store. She was nice and asked what size shoes I needed (10 or 11).
Two years ago at Big Lots I was buying a padded bra (Vasserette). Nervous. The cashier didn't say anything. But the lady behind in line said, "I hope that is not for you!"
I told her it was for me. We had a small conversation in front of her kids and she asked if I was a stage performer at a drag show.

mklinden2010
04-16-2010, 10:52 AM
"I'm assuming these Aren’t for you..."

Are you...? Really?

That's... Interesting...

Is there a discount if they are?

joank
04-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Awkward may have been the checkout person way of saying sorry. I have never had this happen. Instead I have made purchases of women's products and the clerk has complimented the selection, ex: matching makeup (base powder, touch up and blusher). The clerk said my selection was a better match than many womens. BTW, this happended when dressed drab. Don't let this incident slow you down as it was an anamoly.

Jason+
04-16-2010, 11:27 AM
I am sorry for the sales girl who felt awkward but she did open the door. When I get asked a question like that and I think the answer is going to cause the other person a lot of angst I will ask them if they really want the answer. That leaves enough wiggle room for the questioner to escape if necessary. Otherwise I agree with you ladies who just honestly answer the question. I get better service that way.

Maybe next time buy a box of tampons just to make her job extra akward. :heehee:

Nicole I got burned on that one :roflmao: wife sent me in to buy her tampons and the checkout lady asked if they were for me. Not realizing that they could be used to stop a nosebleed I asked what in the world I would do with them. So that day I got a :o and an education.

...it was awesome

In the spirit of Christi's game and the fact that any of you who know me at all know that I can't resist a good :stirthepot: luckily you did not also require a turkey baster that trip. :D

Melinda G
04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Then just after I had payed for them she looked up at me again and said you've made my job very awkward now, I just smiled said thankyou when she handed me the bag and left.

You should have briefly explained to her, that her job is simply to ring up items and collect the money. Simple huh?

On the other hand, most K-Mart workers are at the peak of their careers. Same goes for Wal-Mart. Not exactly societys best and brightest.

carolinoakland
04-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Wow, seriously, she said that? Really unprofesional. None of her business. You handled it well. And this is a topic I often comment on, girls, don't lose your message in your emotions. If you had gotten upset with her, that's all she'd remember. I guess she better go work at home depot. Carol

Maria in heels
04-16-2010, 11:42 AM
sounds more like that cashier had eyes for you!

Lorileah
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Seems about half the people here would rather the checkout person not talk to them except to say 49.75 please. :brolleyes:

It's part of the game, you are going to get asked. Has anyone thought maybe she was even just saying, these don't look like the right size?

Ordering online can prevent any human to human reaction

Read what Reine said

Melinda G
04-16-2010, 11:58 AM
I guess she better go work at home depot. Carol
I wonder if she would be upset by women buying tools?

"I'm assuming this hammer isn't for you".:D

JackieInPA
04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
This just proves one of my mottos: Don't ask questions you don't want answered!

Magickman
04-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Once, during a shoe sale at Macy's, the same thing happened to me. I found some cute high heeled boots, and the cashier said, "I know these aren't for you."

"Wait," I told him. "I need to try these on."

Staci G
04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm guessing she is a fairly young girl who doesn't have much life experience.

I have found the younger SAs or people in general are more accepting of Staci (not to include teenagers they are another species by themselves) and treat me with respect and are always nice to me. But sometimes the ladies my age look at me like I fell off the freak wagon, hmmm maybe I did but they shouldn't look at me that way.:heehee:

carhill2mn
04-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Actually, she was wrong to even mention anything to you.

eileendover
04-16-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm guessing she first thought she was simply doing you a little favor.
She sees a guy buying panties and she thinks maybe he feels a bit embarrassed buying panties for his wife/girlfriend, so she decides to make a little joke.
She wanted you to know that she didn't think you were buying them for yourself.

And then when you said "Actually they are" for you, she may have thought that she made things worse by "forcing" you to reveal your secret.
That's why she felt so awkward.

I think she meant well, but as we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :heehee:

Fab Karen
04-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I would've said, "most of the guys buying lingerie it's for them." :)
She's not been on the job long it seems.

Rianna Humble
04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Consider another possible interpretation of the SA's words and reactions:

So Yesterday I was in Kmart buying some new panties, and when I took them to the checkout the SA looked at me and said I'm assuming these Aren’t for you

I might be young, but I know lots of men get embarrassed buying panties, I'll try to make it easier by joking with him

So I replied in my calmest voice Actually they are. She looked so Shocked but she just kept scaning the items,

Rats! Now I've embarrassed him into coming out in front of all these customers, better keep my mouth shut for a bit

Then just after I had paid for them she looked up at me again and said you've made my job very awkward now,

How am I ever going to put a guy at ease with a joke in future when doing so might out him?

I could be miles off, but if my interpretations were right, would you all still want to crucify the store girl?

sherri52
04-16-2010, 04:51 PM
should have asked hr if she wanted to see the ones you were wearing

Cheryl T
04-16-2010, 04:59 PM
I once was paying for a cute black and red bustier with matching panty and black seamed stockings when the cashier looked at me and said, "You're going to look darling in these".

Without missing a beat I just smiled and replied, "Oh I certainly hope so!"
As I left she still had her mouth open...

And I did look darling in them....:daydreaming:

Brenda Freeman
04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I am glad you got a good laugh out of it, lifes to short to dwell on others insecurities, hopefully overtime as she sells more and more panties and even more panties to guys she will become less awkward at it! I wonder how bra sales will go! I went to a pennys a few years ago and bought some panties and the sales clerk gave me a dirty look the whole time I was waiting at the counter but said nothing. I left and thought what a sour puss! I went their recently and a sales gal came up to me while shopping with a genuine smile and asked if she could help we talked about slips and she was very helpful and friendly with suggestions not once did she ask who it was for (She new)! I have noticed things improving, a sale is a sale and we are a surprising piece of the market and the smart store mangers know it!

Nicole Erin
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I once was paying for a cute black and red bustier with matching panty and black seamed stockings when the cashier looked at me and said, "You're going to look darling in these".

Without missing a beat I just smiled and replied, "Oh I certainly hope so!"
As I left she still had her mouth open...

That part doesn't matter, what does it -

And I did look darling in them....:daydreaming:

What? No photos? :D

Daphne Renee
04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
"I'm assuming these Aren’t for you..."

Are you...? Really?

That's... Interesting...

Is there a discount if they are?

LOL.. Now thats funny. I should try that sometime. :)

PamelaRI
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM

That made me laugh for a very long time. I may just have to do that some day. Of course, I'd have to buy some whipped cream too.

Cassandra Lynn
04-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Now your job is to hit her line each time you buy something femme. Maybe next time buy a box of tampons just to make her job extra akward. :heehee:

:lol2: just make sure it gets recorded on video :lol:
Sounds like the manager needs to do a little extra training with that one. my (Cassie)

Sarasometimes
04-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Another initial reply could have been about the risks of assuming and would have been more vague.
We do need to take some responsibility when we say these things are for us. Obviously she really didn't want to know. It is sort of the same thing when asked by a stranger "How are you today?" They don't want the real answer unless it is, "Fine, and how are you?" IMHO, the high road would have been of course not or simply no reply. It takes two to tango. My guess is she will stop using that line, problem solved. Glad to hear you left her with a smile!!

Angie G
04-19-2010, 09:01 AM
As long as it wasn't awkward for you. She will get over it I'm sure.:hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
When I answered, "Yes", the SA almost fell down, she was laughing so hard!:devil:

KayC
04-19-2010, 02:38 PM
I would have retorted, "Actually mam, it is not me that makes your job awkward, but your attitude that does." With that I would have smiled, tipped my head to her, and left.

How dare she question who or for what purpose you are buying them for? If I was her manager, I'd have a word with her.

Andrea Reynolds
04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
I have had sales associates and cashiers ask if these panties, bras, etc., are for me. I always answer yes, unless my wife is with me. They usually have a nice remark about the choice or or color of what I purchased.

Go into Walmart, Kmart, Bas Pro Shops, etc. and purchase a shotgun, a box of ammunition,and a ski mask. That should draw a second glance. Andrea

Leilani
04-19-2010, 08:50 PM
As a number of others have pointed out here, many times the counter people are just trying to either make their, or the customers day a little less monotonous. I wouldn't crucify this gal for saying that as it was most likely just an icebreaker of sorts. Who knows, maybe she thought he was cute and was trying to get a conversation going. We don't know. I think the most important thing is the intent of her comments, both the "these aren't for you" and the "awkward" ones. If her tone was not snarky or derogatory then odds are that she was probably just making pleasant chit chat and got a little thrown by the (assumedly) uncommon response. Not a biggie. Best way in my opinion, would be to calm her down, say something to the effect of "no reason to feel awkward, no harm done" smiled and be on your way. Seems to me like it was a no harm no foul situation.

AmandaM
04-19-2010, 10:07 PM

...it was awesome

Perv! Buying wine in front of an old man. Shame on you!

Tasha McIntyre
04-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Hi Claire - I'm a Bris vegas girl too. Which KMart were you at?

Tash :)

RachelPortugal
04-20-2010, 02:03 AM
So Yesterday I was in Kmart buying some new panties, and when i took them to the checkout the SA looked at me and said Im assuming these Aren’t for you, ...

You know what is said about "assume" - Make and ass out of you and me.:heehee:

Rachael

nikkijo
04-20-2010, 02:06 AM
and then some days you get SA's like i had today at charlotte russe.. more than willing to let you have or do anything you want... just so long as show them just how good it all looks.....

totally oposite experiance. but when complaining.. remember there is the oposite out there2..

Freddy12
04-20-2010, 05:25 AM
When I first started buying feminine clothes, I was extremely worried about what the check-out folks would say. I would use wal-mart exclusively, and then only those with self-check-outs. I did NOT want to get any questions!As I look back on that, it's a little amusing. I'm not as shy now, but would still not be happy with a negative comment. I AM getting bolder, but not very quickly.

tiffanyjo89
04-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Consider another possible interpretation of the SA's words and reactions:

I might be young, but I know lots of men get embarrassed buying panties, I'll try to make it easier by joking with him

Rats! Now I've embarrassed him into coming out in front of all these customers, better keep my mouth shut for a bit

How am I ever going to put a guy at ease with a joke in future when doing so might out him?

I could be miles off, but if my interpretations were right, would you all still want to crucify the store girl?

I believe you're spot on with your interpretations.

I bought a thong at Wal-Mart one time, and the cashier (a guy), while checking me out, said something like it wasn't my color...or something like that.

Despite what we'd want to believe sometimes, I still think that at least 75% of the men who are buying panties/other female clothing are NOT buying them for themselves. But I do think that female cashiers will tend to joke with you a little more, in an attempt to lighten the mood, cause they know that a guy buying something for his girlfriend, particularly panties or tampons, while rare, is a very nice gesture.

lingerieLiz
04-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Had a cashier ask if the two bras I was buying were for me. I said "They sure are". She cracked up and said this one will go with your blue eyes. We had fun with it, but I was amazed she couldn't see that I had a bra on that showed through my shirt and projected the girls. The other cashier caught it, but who cares.

I did have a young guy checking me out one day and told me he didn't see how I could buy women's clothes (lingerie) because he couldn't bring himself to buy them for his wife. The guy next to me suspected they were for me and I started to tell the clerk, but he would have had a melt down. The other guy and I just laughed.

Monika G
05-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

bredalee25
05-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I've never had that experience when I shop. However if it had occured I would get there name and right after I paid and collected my purchases I'd go right over to speak to the manager and let them know they had a biggot working for them and that this person shouldn't be working with the public.

IMO if you can't tolerate different people don't seek a job working with the public you're bound to run into alot of different people on a daily basis not just crossdressers. I mean WTF is this moron gonna question someone from Italy for buying an apple pie which is as american as you can get. I better stop now I'm getting really steamed time to go chill out.

jenna_woods
05-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I can't see why she would ask that. but you were right I would have said they were for me, even if they wern't

meleny
05-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Silly me! I didn't know that it was the customer's job to make the cashier comfortable.

SarahLynn
05-13-2010, 01:23 AM
I have related this before:

I have been asked this in a Penney's store one time when i was buying pantyhose. My response to the SC was a simple question back: "Does it matter?" They were but some of them were for the wife too.

That does two things very quickly, 1. It defuses the moment, and 2. it puts the SC on the spot, she then has to answer your question. The answer i got back was, "No." And I'm fair sure she never asked that question again.

There was no need to report her to a manager or raise a ruckuss about her inapropriate question.

SarahLynn

catriona36
05-13-2010, 08:58 AM
last time i had a conversation with a sales lady at crossroads in sydney.
fed her a story about getting new dress for the gf ( that i dont have)... she helped and got what i needed THEN started telling me how nice i am for doing that for the (fake) girlfriend, and that if i was single she would "date" me :doh:

i have bought stuff at k mart b4 but never had the convo yet. and thats prob due to the fact that i look like im "doing as im told" and no one has questioned me about it.. yet :|