PDA

View Full Version : TG Intoxication

prettybird1978
04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
This is kind of a random topic but the community here seems pretty supportive and informed so I just wanted to share a story. Last week I was at a bar talking to a pretty girl. As the conversation went on, she let me know she was actually a man taking hormones since age 20. I was totally fascinated! He gave me good advice about transitioning and was very complimentary about my potential ability to pass. I wanted to know more and more.
He/She invited me to an after party so I bought some split bottles of wine opened one and headed to the address. It was a rash decision and on the way I was busted by the cops and arrested for a dui. They saw the bottles of wine and everything. I'm freaking out now because I acted so out of character. I'd never done anything like this...but like many of us the TG fascination took over. I just wanted to know more and maybe even enter his world. I'm hoping for the best now.
This incident has really made me consider a lot. I'm going to take some steps to publicly be TG.
It was so amazing amazing to see someone so open and confident about who they were.

Also, it seems that my TG desires often lead me to pain.

ReineD
04-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the forum, Prettybird!

I'm glad you met your new friend who is helping you explore this side of yourself. :) But, the trouble you got into had absolutely nothing to do with exposing yourself to the TG world. You would have gotten in just as much hot water if you had had an open bottle of wine in your car while driving to see your grandmother!

The rash decision you made to buy the wine likely had more to do with having had a few drinks first? :) Drinking does cause people to lose judgment. Just don't drink next time, and you'll be fine!

Oh, just so you know, your new friend would prefer to be addressed as a "she". If she is taking hormones, she is transitioning and doing her best to get rid of any traces of the "he".

What's the nature of the pain you've experienced the other times you've dressed? What TG desires do you have?

Jessy
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forum! It's nice how this opportunity just appeared, and you met a nice person that can help you explore this side of yourself.

I'd never done anything like this...but like many of us the TG fascination took over.
Well I do want to comment on this. Dui is in no way related to "TG fascination". It's just dangerous, you shouldn't even consider doing that! Either don't drink, or take a bus or a cab.

docrobbysherry
04-16-2010, 11:01 AM
You're ALREADY making smart, TG, decisions! Like switching from beer to wine!:drink:

MUCH more flattering for a girl's figure!:heehee:

Stephenie S
04-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, silly, the mistake had NOTHING to do with TG or CD. What you did wrong was to drive under the influence and with an open container in the car. Where was your brain? That would have gotten you busted on your way to church!

Learn up, dear. Alcohol is for feeling good, not for getting stupid.

carolinoakland
04-16-2010, 11:37 AM
I agree, your getting pulled over and having open containers had nothing to do with TG. And unless you want a drink in your lap I'd start thinking about your 'friend' as she only.
And oh yes, welcome.

geri-tg.
04-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Sorry you got busted but knowing more is spmething we would all like. I dream of sitting and talking with someone like you met. Sounds wonderful.:)

Kiera79
04-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Well this is my .02. I think it is great that you met a wonderful person that you can talk too. About the alcohol pbird never said it was open just that it was in the car. As for getting pulled over you had to be swerving and what not. Always make good decisions when drinking because one wrong move and its byebye pbird. Have you seen or called her since that date?

mklinden2010
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
PB,

Glad the cops pulled you over - better that than dead.

Your infatuation with the TG was YOUR infatuation. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with living your life. And, if it "didn't work out" it was "just one of those things."

Living and learning, that's what life it all about.

Next time, see if you can manage an interesting evening without getting drunk along the way.

There's stupid fun, and then there's fun.

Sober works a lot better for nearly all of life.

Except the drunk part. And, that's a disease, not a fluke.

Be careful about that. AA is there is you ever need it.

prettybird1978
04-16-2010, 12:23 PM
I agree that it was the drinking part that led to stupid decisions. I just wanted to follow her right away and did so without thinking clearly.
In the past getting caught with girl clothes has led my parents to really think I'm sick and our relationship has never quite been the same. Also girlfriends and friends who have found any hint of something TG have pretty much freaked out.

Now I'm just hoping all goes well and that I can deal with the consequences coming my way.
As for keeping in touch with her I might be able to do a facebook cross search and find her.
I'l send a casual friend request and if she wants to keep talking that would be nice, otherwise
the talk we had was good enough and very inspirational.

Soriya
04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
I know what you mean PB. My story of how I got to diving back into this is pretty much exactly the same without the drinking and driving. I like you met a transitioned girl as well and within 30 or so minutes of chatting with her, she was the first person I had ever told about my past dressing...ever! It was so relieving to tell someone who understood that the emotions where overwhelming I almost couldn't stand it so all though the drinking and driving part is wrong no matter what the situation, I can understand you getting caught up in a little pink fog with excitement. I am now good friends with my new girlfriend :daydreaming: and like you she is helping me out a lot and even going to do a makeover with me!

Keep looking for her, I have a feeling you will find her :)

XO

Soriya

Fab Karen
04-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Alcohol and not thinking go hand-in-hand. I got divorced from it years ago and have never regretted it.

prettybird1978
04-16-2010, 04:02 PM
She was the first person I ever openly told about my desires too!
The positive feedback was nice. It's just sad how a great moment like that
could be followed by one of the worst experiences ever.

AKAMichelle
04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
While being arrested for DUI is bad, it could have been much worse. You could have accidentally killed someone and changed your life forever. Learn from your mistake. The person you don't have a wreck with next time maybe me - So stay on your side of the road. :D

P.S. You can learn a lot from talking with a TS person. They really will help you find out about yourself the most.

prettybird1978
04-16-2010, 11:05 PM
It just seems that my tg desires always lead to pain.
I have an amazing girlfriend now and she would never understand this side of me....but shes such a great person. I feel as if I'd be wiling to give it all up to make her happy.

but I'm still driven to shave my legs, wear stockings, makeup and be me in my full trans weirdness.
Even though I'd never pass. It would be nice to find a community where I could have that and still live a normal life.

Good people like my girl are so hard to come by.

mklinden2010
04-17-2010, 10:25 AM
It just seems that my tg desires always lead to pain..
Too much of anything, or, anything at the wrong time, could lead to trouble. Practice, learn, and figure out how to do better - in all things.

Your "tg desires" work for you, or you wouldn't be engaged in them. Follow them and learn what you need to learn. But, keep the big picture in mind.

DUI's are corrections to your (anyone's) path, that's all. Lesson learned: no more DUIs...

I have an amazing girlfriend now and she would never understand this side of me....but shes such a great person. I feel as if I'd be wiling to give it all up to make her happy.
Never say never. Who knows? People do things they never thought they would and are happy with it. And, if not this GF, another one. Dating is just practice. Some marriages too.

You don't give up things to make someone happy, because in doing so you wind up making yourself unhappy. GIVE to make someone happIER.

No one can make another person truly happy, but many can be happier if someone GIVES of their time, attention, and energy so that they can achieve what they hope for. Find two people who give to each other out of mutual care and concern, and you've found what may be an enduring love affair.

Love is not about giving up your cash so they can buy "a" car or "a" life. Love is giving of your time and attention to help them with the car/life they have. A good relationship is when everyone in it does positive things for each other while doing the same for themselves. A good life is not about things, but thinking.

but I'm still driven to shave my legs, wear stockings, makeup and be me in my full trans weirdness. Even though I'd never pass. It would be nice to find a community where I could have that and still live a normal life.
Not that that's a bad thing for you, or, her. Maybe for this relationship, OK, but not necessarily a bad thing in the long run for either of you - there are other people to love and be loved by.... This is just another thing, or, set of things to learn about.

Passing is not really the point. Living is. Do what you like and you'll be happier. Be happier and other people will find you easier to like. And, they'll count themselves lucky to have you in their lives. Word to the wise.

You are a community of one. Each of us is... We are the only ones in our skin and we eventually figure out how to get "close" to someone else who's looking for nearly all the same things in life we are. All of THAT IS NORMAL.

Good people like my girl are so hard to come by.
There are billions of good people on this planet. Most of them are very good people. Were this not so, there would be hundreds of people on the planet.

Be optimistic, be loving, be happy. Like minded people will always find one another - it's what people do. Be good and good will always find you good - and that's good!

Live happy.