PDA

View Full Version : I really have to lose some weight!

AKAMichelle
04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
I haven't dressed in about 1 year. I have avoided walking through women's clothing racks because I didn't want to miss being dressed. Plus my wife was always with me and she would complain. But tonight I had to go to mall without her and as I left the mall I looked at all of the cute springs fashions.

That's when it hit me. With all of the weight that I have put on in the last year I have no idea if I could squeeze into any of my old clothes. I sure know one thing. The clothes I saw tonight, I couldn't get my big toe into. Now that's depressing. All of those cute clothes and nothing to fit.

Must lose weight.

MaryAnn40c
04-17-2010, 12:30 AM
I need to lose 30-40lbs...would like to double those numbers one day

prettybird1978
04-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Find low cal foods you love, go for a 1 mile walk a day, and lift weights for like 5 mins a day. I promise you'll see results. I have horrible genetics but I fight it all the time!
You can do it!

Ms Jennifer
04-17-2010, 01:04 AM
:love:I know how you feel. I bought a size 14 pretty dress about 2 years ago while at 18-20.I lost 40 lbs since and still have about 20 to go. I am in a 16 now.It takes time since it took awhile to put on that weight.I hope to wear the 14 this summer .:daydreaming:

eluuzion
04-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Well, if you are still navigating the "split up" catacombs, this might be "bright side"...if there is such a thing.

In my experience, when the legal and support money drain you down to standing around naked next to the "campfire" burning in that 55 gallon drum, you will lose weight...just by jumping up & down to stay warm!

:battingeyelashes::love::battingeyelashes:

Persephone
04-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Weight control is a constant struggle, especially for women. But the end result is worth it -- I know, I went from a size 16-18 to a size 6-8!

My spouse and I, along with our son, joined Weight Watchers® a couple of years ago and that made all the difference! I lost about 40 pounds, my son lost 50 or so, and my spouse lost about 90!

I can't recommend that program enough! NO DIET -- instead, they taught us how to eat healthier food, how to control portions, and how to start a fitness program. The weekly meetings and their tracking method are the greatest elements in successful weight loss.

My spouse and I are both Lifetime members now, meaning that we can attend for free as long as we weigh in once a month and keep below our goal weight. But unless there are special circumstances, we're there every week. It makes a huge difference, not just in losing the weight, but in keeping it off.

If you want the best support and encouragement you can get, along with the best info on how to learn to eat healthy and to keep the weight off, go to one of their meetings and check them out.

If the leader doesn't motivate you, try another meeting with a different leader.

t-girlxsophie
04-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Oh! I hear you,Every Monday I promise its this time to shed the pounds,It never lasts,If all those lovely clothes this season don't get me off my butt,Nothing will

gabimartini
04-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Instead of avoiding your CDing, use it as a motivator to lose weight. Prioritize clothing over calories!

Good luck!

msniki48
04-17-2010, 06:47 AM
I can totally understand how you feel. But no worry. losing weight is easy. It only takes time. I lost 30-40 pounds, and 5-6 inch from waistline. Done in 3-4 months. It is possible.

Irene I think I need your secret! if it is because you are young and Vibrant with a great matabolism....then i am sh....t out of luck!:eek:

:hugs:

Oh! I hear you,Every Monday I promise its this time to shed the pounds,It never lasts,If all those lovely clothes this season don't get me off my butt,Nothing will

Sophie, I sympathise with you hun....every monday i look at the scale ewwww. by friday i am happy...lost 3 or 4 lbs....then monday comes...ewwww gained 3 or 4 lbs...:eek:

i think i lost about 100 lbs last yr....in 3 and 4 lb incraments...ohhhh i forgot to say i gained them too! in 3 and 4 lb incraments...:doh:

Angie G
04-17-2010, 06:58 AM
With some work and determination you do it. Now you go girl.:hugs:
Angie

Bev06 GG
04-17-2010, 08:13 AM
MM with summer coming on I guess we are all feeling a tad uncomfortable with our dress size. Losing weight isn't a big deal though. I have started to drink more water instead of tea and coffee all the time. I couldn't believe how quickly that bloated look from my face disappeared. I was delighted and it spurred me on to start exercising.
I also bought a pair of jeans a size too small to encourage me to keep going. I'm getting there, its just will power and keeping focused on getting into those jeans.
take care
bev

Danielle Gee
04-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Michelle:
I totally sympathize with you, my wife and I have lost 30-40 lbs in the last couple of years. She lost it all proportionally, but I still am basically thin all over except for my belly. I have rather prominent "Love handles" and seem powerless to lose them.

For health reasons I cant do most of the excerizes I know will cure this flaw. I can figure out what to do................Help!!!!

Danielle:brolleyes:

AKAMichelle
04-17-2010, 08:28 AM

I think I will just have to have a reminder somewhere on my desk. Today is the day you lose one pound. That should be good for a start. :D

Well, if you are still navigating the "split up" catacombs, this might be "bright side"...if there is such a thing.

In my experience, when the legal and support money drain you down to standing around naked next to the "campfire" burning in that 55 gallon drum, you will lose weight...just by jumping up & down to stay warm!

:battingeyelashes::love::battingeyelashes:

I hope that I don't get that bad off.

Instead of avoiding your CDing, use it as a motivator to lose weight. Prioritize clothing over calories!

Good luck!

That's what I had done before and it worked for 47 pounds. Then my wife and I decided to give it one more try. Being a stress eater, I had lots of stress. So here came the 47 pounds again. In 20 days we will separate again for the last time. I can't wait to start calming down and get this weight off.

Besides I have a mountain to climb. I hiked on Pikes Peak last year trying to summit in one day. It is 26 miles round trip and 6800 feet elevation change. Last year the best I could do was 21 miles and about 4700 foot evevation change. That was the best exercise and I know that I have already started walking getting my endurance back up. Hopefully I can keep my weight going down through that process. I need to lose 10-15 pounds before I start going back up on the mountain.

Plus I have a bunch of clothes that I stored for a year which need to be worn. Then this fall hopefully I can have some real fun. SHOPPING! :devil:

Dee2U
04-17-2010, 09:40 AM

Good luck!

I'm wth Gabi on this one. I just wished it motivated me all day, everyday, instead of just some of the times. Well at least I'm not gaining...Dee

jenna_woods
04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I unserstand all to well, I am fighting the weight problem now, and hate it wen I can't fit into my preaty things,

LauraL
04-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I quit smoking 12 months and two days ago. Since then I've gained 20 pounds.
I knew I was going to gain weight when I quit, but thought it would be worth it. It was a difficult time, and to pamper myself, which I am way too good at doing, I said "I'll loose the weight later". Well, it's now later and time to get serious. The weight gain has helped in the breast department, but definitely not in the tummy department.

Several years ago I went through a successfull period of loosing weight.
Here I go trying again.:cm2::cm2::cm2::cm2:

Thanks for all of the sharing you do in this group. It is so nice to know I am not alone.
LauraL

Karren H
04-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah... Even though I am the lightest person amungst the wife, daughter and son.. I'm still obsessed with my weight... I need to loose 10 pounds to get back below 170 where all my size 10 dresses fit.. But I also love to eat so its a daily struggle. I picked up the book based on the recomendations of a lady friend on FaceBook... It "the belly fat cure" and it a great book.. Completely a different way of thinking about what you eat.. And it works. - lost 12 pounds in two weeks..

Lainie
04-17-2010, 09:01 PM
I lost 60 pounds (240 down to 180) in 9 months on the "carbohydrate addict's diet": i.e.
1) eat absolutely anything you want for one meal every day, but you must finish the meal and quit eating within one hour;
2) outside that hour, eat two good meals with less than 3 net carbs in each.
3) no between-meal snacks, but of course drink plenty of water and as much black coffee & tea as you want.

After some initial adjustments; e.g., Atkins Shakes instead of yogurt for breakfast, I had little trouble with this. Got very rapid results in the first month, then lost a pound a week for half a year. Just ignored the cookies at the afternoon meetings. Eat all the meat and vegetables and salads you want, skip the BBQ sauce. Enjoy dining out with friends and business trips. Finishing dinner in an hour is easy in America, may not work so well for y'all Europeans.

It worked for my wife also. Having reached my goal weight, I slacked off, and gained 20 pounds over the next 3 years. Be aware that this can give some people trouble with blood sugar (i.e., diabetes) in the long run, although it was not a problem for me.

Michelle55
04-17-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm fairly lucky. I'm just under 6 foot (I've always said I was 6 foot with a second pair of socks on), and currently weigh 157. I had gotten up to about 170 which 2 pounds short of the most I've weighed in my life. For me all I had to do was cut out soft drinks. I still have a little belly, but nothing a good foundation garment doesn't take care of.
The only diet drink I ever have is water. Diet drinks actually increase my appetite and I don't like the taste of most of them either.
I used to work at a desk in and office and had the same experience for weight loss. Now I work outside year round and am very active. Lugging around a Sthil 460 chain saw and associated safety gear gives you a good workout. All together the saw and gear weigh in at about 30 pounds.
I really am a Lumberjack! I buy timber, cut the trees, sell the logs and sometimes cut them on my sawmill.
Baling hay in 90 degree weather gives me a good workout too.
I can always use help if anyone would like to get in on the exercise program.

Nicole Erin
04-17-2010, 10:11 PM
MM with summer coming on I guess we are all feeling a tad uncomfortable with our dress size. Losing weight isn't a big deal though. I have started to drink more water instead of tea and coffee all the time. I couldn't believe how quickly that bloated look from my face disappeared. I was delighted and it spurred me on to start exercising.
I also bought a pair of jeans a size too small to encourage me to keep going. I'm getting there, its just will power and keeping focused on getting into those jeans.
take care
bev
Bev, what happens when those jeans you bought become too BIG cause of solid wieght loss and you need a belt to wear them? :D

She is right, if you can cut out a lot of the junk food, within a week you will start to just feel better, bloated feeling will go away, and maybe drop a couple pounds right off the bat.

So now the weather has broke, it should be easy to get out there and be active. Winter is the nightmare for trying to drop weight butin this season, it is easier. Middle of April, so a good 5 months of decent weather yet to come.
Just don't fall back to the weight come Fall.

One thing - last summer I was dropping some weight, and after about 2 months of honest exercise and 1/2 ass dieting, I went from 228 to 215. Pants size 18 to 16. You can probably do better with a good diet, I was not dieting very strict, just beefing up on exercise. My loss doesn't sound like much but when you lose an honest size (as in, able to wear it comfy instead of holding your breath out) it feels GREAT. It really encourages.

Of course like everyone trying to lose weight, I got lazy and went back to 230, and worked down to 220.

Just keep at it, don't yo-yo with your efforts like I do.

The safest you can lose weight and have a good chance of keeping it off is about 2 pounds a week. Even at one pound a week, you can drop a jean size in a couple months.

busker
04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Just doing nothing you burn 100 calories an hour. The average diet is about 2400 calories so you can begin to cut that down to 100 calories an hour for each hour you are up, and while sleeeping you still burn 100 calories an hour. That's 800 for 8 hours of sleep--that's the easy part of the weight loss.
So, figure if you eat a yogurt that is 200 calories, you don't get anything else for 2 hours. You will be surprised at how much you can loose and still have something decent to eat. It is a diet of sorts but you control what you eat and when by keeping count of the calories--making all foods possible rather than just "diet foods". You can also eat jello in between because it is filling-- so is just plain cold water--and very low in calories.
Also, add to your effort a B complex vitamin which wil help your metabolism.

AKAMichelle
04-18-2010, 10:00 AM
I have already started turning back the clock on the weight gain. I have a long way to go and will keep everyone informed of my progress. When I get back to 210 then maybe I will begin to feel more comfortable going out and less pregnant. If all is told I have about 80 pounds to lose, but what is life if you don't have goals.

Hope in a couple of months to start publishing pictures again.

Andy66
04-18-2010, 10:52 AM
All I have to say is...

DARN those evil clothing manufacturers and their tiny clothes! :Angry3:

:heehee:

AKAMichelle
04-18-2010, 11:36 AM
those 80 pounds that I need to lose all came from 27 years of marriage. Everytime I was away from her, I lost 20-30 pounds only to put back on once I was back around her. Now I hope I can much better than the normal 20-30 pounds and get back close to my original weight.

joann07
04-18-2010, 12:25 PM
One of the things that my crossdressing has encouraged me to do is to maintain my weight and health. I've never been extremely overweight, but maybe 10 or 20 pounds over where I should be. However, now I should be right where I am at around 150 pounds. Although, I would like to lose maybe another 5 to 10 pounds.

I don't diet, I just eat healthy as in chicken (skinless), fish (tuna, salmon), and lean meats (sirloin) grilled or baked and I drink milk, water, and OJ. Once in a while, I'll drink a soda, but only in small amounts just to wake me up. I eat my fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, etc.) and veggies (lettuce, peas, carrots, green beans, etc.), but I limit the carb intake. And when I eat, try not to eat or snack after 8PM.

I excercise (i.e. bike ride, tennis, running) whenever I can. When I'm at work, my office is 3 floors up and so I always take the stairs. Rarely would I use the elevator if it's absolutely necessary, such as, if I had a leg injury.

Back in my younger days, I used to drink sodas and eat junk food, fast food, candy bars, desserts, pizza, Hooters chicken wings, etc, etc, etc., but these days I only eat those once in a while to treat myself.

Not sure, what kinds of foods you eat, but if you just eat healthy and be a little more physically active, you can lose weight without having to diet or do any real strenuous excercising.

Hugs!

TxKimberly
04-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm purty sure that the vast majority of us feel that way Michelle.
I once saw a photo of a long escalator going up to gym. It's caption was "Only in California". There's a lot of irony in that - people avoiding the exercise of climbing steps while on the way to a gym to work out.

With out ever realizing or thinking about it, most of us avoid all of the little chances to make our bodies do some work through the day, and then we have to schedule some specific down time to get exercise!

Anyway, since seeing that photo years ago, I've made it a point to take the stairs instead of escalators and elevators and to avoid the moving walk ways in airports, and to walk for short trips instead of taking the car.
Right now I am ordering one of the old fashioned push lawn mowers like they had when I was a kid. It's a win-win! No more gas or pollution AND I get exercise.

I kid you not, I can even see the difference in my weight eve from walking malls while shopping. When I am doing a lot of shopping my weight remains stable. When I'm not on the road and not shopping, my weight starts to climb. Of course the shopping serves another purpose - it offers incentives. It's harder for me to stuff myself after just having seen so many adorable clothes that I wish like hell I could fit in.
I guess my point is to take a look at all of the little things you might do to increase your physical exertion through your typical day because all of those little things DO add up.

AKAMichelle
04-18-2010, 04:52 PM
I kid you not, I can even see the difference in my weight eve from walking malls while shopping. When I am doing a lot of shopping my weight remains stable. When I'm not on the road and not shopping, my weight starts to climb. Of course the shopping serves another purpose - it offers incentives. It's harder for me to stuff myself after just having seen so many adorable clothes that I wish like hell I could fit in.
I guess my point is to take a look at all of the little things you might do to increase your physical exertion through your typical day because all of those little things DO add up.

I know what you mean. I can see the differencce of begin stressed out and not finding anyway to destress. When I dressed all the time, I had incentives and I used some of the times to walk en femme which really took the weight off. I am taking the steps now to get this weight off.

In fact I got on the scale today for the first time in over a week and now I only have 73 pounds to lose. Down 7 :D

Vicki-Z
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Well after reading all the responses to this thread I can say this finally proves it once and for all, we are really women inside. We all worry (myself included) as much as any woman does about her weight. lol :heehee:

Myself, I am determined for once in my life to get my weight down to were I want it and get into better shape and health.

Vicki :cheer:

maryannnite
04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
hi hun i think you look fine and a lot of us girls need to lose , but please dont let it stop you from dressing that would be more depressing and be sides we can alway diet.

busker
04-18-2010, 11:01 PM
There is a very good article in the NYTIMES today--see link below which looks at exercise as a part of weight loss and basically they opinion of the sports medicine people at various universitites is that "it is useless as far as weight loss is concerned". The best bet is calorie reduction and getting rid of the chair that you sit on. They ran two experiments for a day--one group sitting, and one group standing, and guess what? the standing only group lost weight.
Exercise once you reach your desired weight, will help you maintain it, but exercise alone won't make you budge a calorie.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/magazine/18exercise-t.html?src=me&ref=homepage

AKAMichelle
04-19-2010, 07:46 AM
hi hun i think you look fine and a lot of us girls need to lose , but please dont let it stop you from dressing that would be more depressing and be sides we can alway diet.

Unfortunately the pictures is of me 40+ lighter. Now I just look like an ugly pregnant woman, if I can still fit in the clothes which is doubtful.

mattie
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm so glad I found this thread. I've struggled with my weight my whole life, and I really want to do something about it. The thing that worked the best for me in the past was doing a calorie tracking on The Daily Plate, or Sparkpeople but my problem has been that I eventually get lazy and stop entering things in after a couple months. I feel like I really need a lifestyle change somehow to get this weight off. I'm a size 18 now and would like to get down to something smaller. I have a medium bone structure.

What size do you all think I could get down to reasonably? I need to find something that works for me. I'd do Weight Watchers but I don't know if I can afford it right now. I'm really encouraged by this thread though.

Edit: That's it, I've started a profile on livestrong and am going to start tracking calories and exercise again. Hopefully I can keep it up this time, or in the meantime I can try and come up with lifestyle changes that will help me keep it off. Here's my profile on livestrong (http://www.livestrong.com/profile/GirlInside2/) if anyone else wants to track my progress. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Tasha McIntyre
04-20-2010, 02:12 AM

Good luck!

Exactly my sentiments too.......what better motivator than seeing yourself in that cute new skirt :daydreaming:

willowgurl
04-20-2010, 08:55 AM
I've managed over three years to go from size 18 jeans to size 12, even can caninto some juniors 11's feels great, keep workin at it

Jannis
04-20-2010, 12:30 PM
I have struggled like so many of you, for years trying to control my weight. I tried every diet, exercise fad foods, etc. I would lose some weight, but put it back on once I stopped dieting. Now, recently, I have been on Weight Watchers as some one has mentioned. I am losing weight and keeping it off. It is so easy to do. I have numerous friends who have been weight watcher people for years and it has been the only thing that worked for the long haul. I keep my eye on some new mini skirts and have them in my sights as I continue to lose enough to wear them without looking old and chubby.

mattie
04-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Now, recently, I have been on Weight Watchers as some one has mentioned..

My mom is doing Weight Watchers and says the same thing. She loves it and has been losing weight. She feels it's totally doable for the long-term. Isn't it expensive though? I think she's paying like $40-$50/month or something. That seems like a lot to me.

lacie
04-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Although I’m not actively training anyone right now I used to be a personal trainer and studied exercise and nutrition very closely.
Weight loss is simple if you have a strategy. A lot of people just start off exercising and trying to eat better to achieve their goals. This gets results but without a clear knowledge of how weight loss happens it’s easy to get sidetracked and knocked off course.
The Science of weight loss states that you must burn more calories than you ingest in order to lose weight. But you need to know the parameters involved in order to track and make changes as needed.
First and foremost it’s important to know that one pound of fat is made up of roughly 3500 calories. So you have to burn this amount above what you eat to lose one single pound. You have to burn 7000 calories to lose 2 pounds, and 10,500 calories to lose 3 pounds, etc.
Now there is something called Resting Metabolic Rate or “RMR”. Basically your RMR is the amount of calories your body burns on its own sleeping and sitting on the couch doing nothing. Everybody’s RMR is different based on age, gender, height, and current weight. Here’s a link with a RMR calculator to find yours> http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
So let’s say you’re a 35 year old male, 5’9”, 180 pounds. Your RMR is 1742. You burn 1,742 calories in a day sleeping and chillin at your crib. Now even when you don’t exercise you’ll still burn additional calories walking, cooking, brushing your teeth, going to work, and doing other general activities. So let’s say you burn another 800 calories doing these general activities. Your RMR calories plus these calories total 2542. If you eat about 2500 calories all day then you’ll break even and basically not gain or lose. If you eat 3000 calories then you’ll gain. And if you eat 2000 calories you’ll lose.
Now add exercise to the 2542 calories burned from RMR and general activities and you’ll accelerate calorie burn dramatically. If you were to do enough exercise to burn 500 calories a day for seven days then that’s one pound of fat lost right there. Couple that with reducing calorie intake by 500 calories a day and now you’re up to two pounds a week lost. And with some types of intense exercise you not only burn calories doing it but after you do it for one to two days. High intensity cardio workouts in which your heart rate gets really high can speed up your metabolism greatly. This puts you in fat burning mode for up to 48 hours after the workout. To calculate your maximum target heart rate just take 220 and subtract your age. So a 35 year old for example would have a max target heart rate of 185. With that said if you get anywhere in the 150+ range your doing great and really working hard. (As always you should first consult a physician before you start trying to reach max rates)
I could go on and on but these are some basic facts that will get you started. I hope this helps and good luck!

sherri52
04-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I've noticed over the winter I added more weight to my must have been overweight body. I decided to go on some type of diet. All I did was to cut back on junk food and stop eating between meals. Dropped 10 lbs in less than 20 days