PDA

View Full Version : i might be a guydyke

zora
04-17-2010, 09:38 AM
As much as i hate stereotyping, i think i might fall under the category of guydyke...anybody else feel the same???

Staci G
04-17-2010, 09:44 AM
What's a GUYDYKE???????? thats a new one on me, I do know I am a lesbien in a mans body!

zora
04-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey Staci... i did'nt know the tern untill recently, thanks to wikipedia :) , a guydyke is a lesbian-identified men and a girlfag is the opposite ...

Danielle Gee
04-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Add me to the list!:brolleyes:

CalvinKlein
04-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Interesting. People look at stereotypes as bad things, and this is because they are usually associated with negative or less desirable characteristics... But, in terms of psychology, stereotyping is natural. It's a way for us to make mental shortcuts.

Is this right? Not necessarily, but we all do it from an early age... It starts with "This is me, that is not me; s/he is like me, s/he is not like me" and goes on and on from there.

Elizabeth 66
04-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Wikipedia:Girlfags and guydykes

Girlfag and guydyke are terms that developed in queer and pomosexual subcultures. Girlfag refers to a biologically female individual who feels a strong romantic or erotic attraction towards gay males or male bisexuals or their milieu. Guydyke refers to a biologically male person who feels a strong romantic or erotic attraction towards lesbians, female bisexuals, or the culture of women loving women.

I dont know what i am though...

Jessy
04-17-2010, 12:26 PM
What's a GUYDYKE???????? thats a new one on me, I do know I am a lesbien in a mans body!
A guydyke is a biologically male person that feels attracted to lesbian and bi women. Your description "a lesbian in a man's body" exactly hit the nail on its head ;)

Anyway I don't consider myself one. I'm a CD and I am attracted to women, but not in any special way to lesbian or bi ones. As for myself, I'm not even sure what paths I will take in the future, if the feminine part of me ever goes out in the open, and how far I'll be going with the time I spend dressed up.

rocketscientist
04-17-2010, 12:38 PM
[Jessy , I'm with you hun! :) Hugs, Tonya

QUOTE=Jessy;2116925]A guydyke is a biologically male person that feels attracted to lesbian and bi women. Your description "a lesbian in a man's body" exactly hit the nail on its head ;)

Anyway I don't consider myself one. I'm a CD and I am attracted to women, but not in any special way to lesbian or bi ones. As for myself, I'm not even sure what paths I will take in the future, if the feminine part of me ever goes out in the open, and how far I'll be going with the time I spend dressed up.[/QUOTE]

Andy66
04-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I've never heard those terms before. I guess I could be a girlfag... if I wanted to limit myself to a stereotype.

NathalieX66
04-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Whatever the definition is, sometimes I feel like I look like one when not dressed up.

To quote Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam: "lesbians are just women in comfortable shoes".

sherri52
04-17-2010, 02:09 PM
call me anything you want, just call me