PDA

View Full Version : Outed for eye shadow

Magickman
04-18-2010, 01:23 AM
I walked into the ballroom, and bought my ticket for the social dance party.

When I went over to the bar, the woman serving drinks looked at me and said, "You're wearing eye shadow."

Just like that, my secret was revealed. After only a few seconds, I was outed, for eye shadow.

One other woman, who I danced with, told me I was wearing eye makeup, as if I had not heard, already.

Other than that, it was a normal Saturday evening, dressed up and dancing with the ladies, to oldies rock'n'roll.

eluuzion
04-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Just an observation. If you ever consider going into the "spy" business or a career requiring covert activity...don't quit your day job. :heehee::heehee:

Ms Jennifer
04-18-2010, 02:19 AM
:love:I like to wear a little makeup when traveling in drab.And if it gets noticed ,I just smile and say"maybe it's Maybelline":oUsaully it is anyway:daydreaming:

StephanieDragg
04-18-2010, 02:48 AM
A Lady at work always notices when I have sparkly residue left on my face from my makeup,she's mentioned it about 4 times now.... once she said I looked pretty lol:o have to try and clean up better I guess

Loni
04-18-2010, 03:22 AM
just say thanks for noticing, and on with life.:D

Genifer Teal
04-18-2010, 07:43 AM
What was your reply?

Gen

Jenny Doolittle
04-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Now come on..... Any of us that have something like makeup or a bra strap or anything fem on our body and gets noticed..... We are looking for a comment! Don't try and tell me it was an accident. We want to be noticed.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
04-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Man, don't you hate it when something painted on your face gets noticed?

AKAMichelle
04-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I outed myself to my kids by mascara that I left on.

Magickman
04-18-2010, 10:15 AM
My first attempt to go out wearing brown eye shadow, left me with a vaguely vampirish look. "Scary," one of the women said.

But I was having fun anyway.

A nurse who I was dancing with didn't mention it, although she wanted to know why I was dressed, "like that."

I told her the mini skirt showed off my legs. " I wasn't looking at your legs," she replied.

PortiaHoney
04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
There's something about this post I find odd. You comment that you were "outed" for wearing eyeshadow and then reveal you were wearing a mini-skirt.

I don't know what it's like in your part of the world, but around most of the places I have been, most "men" (I take it you weren't in any way trying to appear to be female) don't wear mini-skirts or makeup? It's not like you forgot to take it off or did a lousy clean up job. It's sounds like you did it very deliberately. So how were you "outed"?????

It appears to me that they were just making a very obvious observation. "outed" - sorry, but unless you aren't telling us something, you did it yourself. That's not to say you can't go out dressed however you want. But, I think you are having a lend of us by this thread.

Curiouser and curiouser

Portia

Vicki-Z
04-18-2010, 10:33 AM
One of my ways of adjusting to who I really am inside is incorporating feminine things even into my everyday routine. One of the things I do is try to remember to wear makeup everyday. I curl my eyelashes and I use a clear masscara that just helps to lengthen and thicken my eyelashes. I also lightly use a liquid foundation that blends into the colour of my skin. Half the time I also use a clear nail polish on my fingernails. So far no one has mention anything or at least they haven't said so. :heehee:

Vicki :cheer:

JiveTurkeyOnRye
04-19-2010, 09:50 AM
There's something about this post I find odd. You comment that you were "outed" for wearing eyeshadow and then reveal you were wearing a mini-skirt.

I felt the same way when I read that part. I have to be honest with you Magickman, I find a lot of your posts to be somewhat suspect. A few pictures would work some wonders for you.

One of my ways of adjusting to who I really am inside is incorporating feminine things even into my everyday routine. One of the things I do is try to remember to wear makeup everyday... So far no one has mention anything or at least they haven't said so.

See, this I find interesting because for me, I've actually experienced a far more negative reaction the times I went out as a guy wearing makeup than I have had going out as a guy wearing skirts. One of the most recent times I wore eyeliner, I noticed several people refused to look me in the eye, because it was like they were trying to avoid having to acknowledge it. Not a fun experience at all and it has kept me from wearing makeup as often as I'd like.

Sarasometimes
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the woman serving drinks needs to be fired. If she didn't notice your mini skirt she can't be able to notice people who have too much to drink! Having said that I was in a similar situation, I was shopping endrab and asked if I could try on some women's clothes and when I stepped out of the fitting room to use the mirror the SA said, right away that I was wearing a dress, OUTED just like you. HUH!!!

Karren H
04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
So easy a cave woman can do it! And you thought you wouldn't be found out because???

aggi123
04-19-2010, 11:47 AM
That happened to me a couple weeks ago by a coworker. He asked me if I was wearing makeup (I was dressed earlier in the day and left a little bit on instead of cleaning it all off.)

I replied with a "sure am!"

"Why the hell would you do that?" He asked me.

"because it makes my eyes POP!" I answered very enthusiastically.

It ended at that lol. Nothing ever happened after that and he only brought it up once in front of my friend and his girlfriend (who know and laughed at him)

Teri Jean
04-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Women do notice those little things, get used to it. When I decided to transition at work a co-worker (gg) said she had noticed the eye liner a few times but did not want to say something.

Teri

Kaz
04-19-2010, 12:20 PM
May sound wierd, but guys wearing make-up is no real big deal where I come from... well maybe as you get older!! Stores even sell make-up for guys these days.

When the drummer in an old band said that I seemed to be having a "sort of mascara thing going on", a) I realised I hadn't got rid of it all (I had been dressed before the rehearsal), and b) I just said... "oh s**t", and promptly wiped it off! Nothing more was ever said, nothing ever happened... was I "outed"? No, the guy just noticed the mascara... (unusual I know for men, but..).

But then there is this mini-skirt business with Magickman, which does raise questions! Or was this a different occasion?

Kaz xx

jenna_woods
04-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I'v had people say I had eye shadow on wen I did a rush job of remov eing it, I just say could be.

ReineD
04-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Things are better for GMs than they used to be.

Hair salons are now unisex and men have their hair "styled" just as much as women. Men can also wear hair products, and have well manicured nails without raising an eyebrow. With the popularity of body piercings, men can wear a certain type of jewelry without causing a stir. Also men can color out the gray, and engage in a multitude of facial care routines (exfoliation, moisturizing, wearing sun block, etc) in order to present a more youthful appearance in the work force. Some men even get lipo, nose jobs, or other forms of mild surgery in order to improve their appearance. And men can certainly have long hair without attracting any attention. In some subcultures (I'm thinking Goth), it is even acceptable for men to wear makeup and nail polish. Wearing makeup in movies, for TV, and in photo shoots is acceptable. No one thinks twice about an actor or a news anchor wearing foundation, mascara, or darkening eyebrows for the screen.

I don't know how all of this would have been viewed during the 50's.

But yeah, the idea of a guy wearing makeup in order to enhance his appearance has not caught on in the mainstream, and like it or not you will call attention to yourself. Such are our social conventions at this point in time. People will notice, and when they say something, they are not outing you. Lol. You've outed yourself by choosing to wear makeup. You've opted to present yourself outside the "norm".

If you'd like to let the people in your world know that you are transgendered, then do continue to wear the makeup in public. You could also switch to wearing the feminine version of unisex clothing, such as polo shirts, jeans or dockers, and shoes, if you don't already. And then perhaps introduce skirts & heels. By this time the people in your life will have accepted that you are not conventional. I gather we have quite a few members who do this and are comfortable with it.

It all depends on how comfortable you are with presenting yourself outside the norm.

t-girlxsophie
04-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Am Pretty sure the Barmaid would have noticed the mini-skirt,well unless she had her guide dog and White stick with her.

Ive been tripped up a few times by make-up,my ex Wife was like Columbo,she could spot make-up traces a mile away,a few work colleagues have noticed too,but not been a big issue as they know about Sophie.I would never wear it in male mode

Gotta say Ive just not got my head round the guys dressed En Femme,but with no wig and make-up,Here in most of the U.K. im afraid That would only lead to a tale of woe,I really hope that Doesn't offend anyone just my opinion.I would never say whatever path we go down is more worthy than another.just seems odd to me

Shelly67
04-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Best excuse in the world - " I've dust in my eyes from emptying the hoover ".
Reply : " Then why on earth didn't you DO the hoovering ?"

No 1 reason that started to give me away ............

DOH.