PDA

View Full Version : Do you get on better with your best friends wife than you do your best friend?

Gemma Rhodes
08-16-2005, 03:50 AM
Hi Girls,

I have quite a good circle of friends but have one whom I class as my "best" friend. I regularly visit him and when I do I find that I get on better with his wife. We seem to have very similar interests and taste in music and we end up nattering for ages whilst my best mate doesn't seem to join in too much.

If I ever do "come clean" and admit to being Gemma a lot of the time then I think that she will be the person whom I first tell as she is very understanding and a really nice person. I have come close to telling her a couple of times but have bottled it. I would love her to know about Gemma so we could be good girly friends but I am scared as to how my best friend would react.

Do any of you have this sort of friendship with your friends wives?

Hugs

Gemma xx

BTW. I don't fancy her before you ask. LOL

Melissa Ryan
08-16-2005, 04:05 AM
Hi Gemma,I dont really have that sort of friendship with any of my friends wifes. But there was one night over a few beers and a back yard fire. One friends wife asked me if I thought that I was a girl trapped in a male body!! I laughed and said of course! Lyn was having a laugh with this too, so she didnt quite know how to go any further. Thanks for jogging my memory!!!

......Melissa........ :)

Colibri
08-16-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi Gemma

Have you ever talked to her about cross dressing and the like to sound her out. You could start with on my way here I saw a men dressed as a woman what you think about it. If all goes well then you could tell her.

Gemma Rhodes
08-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Hi Gemma

Have you ever talked to her about cross dressing and the like to sound her out. You could start with on my way here I saw a men dressed as a woman what you think about it. If all goes well then you could tell her.

Hi Colibri,

Its not really her reaction that Im worried about as I think she would be great about it. Its the reaction of my best friend I am worried about as I wouldn't like to ask her to keep it from him.

I know people will say the usual, like I should do whats best for me, and that if hes is a real friend he will stick by me, but I don't know whether its a good thing or a bad thing, but I am not selfish enough just to think of myself, and like to think of how what I say will effect others at the moment, as I am not confident enough in myself to deal with things if I get a bad reaction. One day maybe I will tell all, but I am not ready for that yet.

Hugs

Gemma xx

racquel
08-16-2005, 04:55 AM
I think it would be best to open up to your friend first.The friend's wife will probably help him to deal with it and that will open up a line of discussion for you two "girls". :cool:
my 2 cents.
My answer to your original question is no.

Wendy me
08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
i get along with most any one men or women i can fit in were i need to ...outside of being chatty i am a people person...............

Jamie M
08-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Personally i'd say go for it and i don't see the harm in asking her not to tell your freinds just yet , you could always say to her , "look i've been thinking of telling "x" about this for a while now but not sure how he'll react , what do you think ?"

Kelly and I are freinds with a couple, well ex-couple now but that's not because of this ( i hope anyway :) ) where i'm his best freind(I'll call him paul) and she's hers( i'll call her nicky). Kelly told nicky a long time ago about me when she needed someone to talk about it with. Until recently my freindship with nicky was always a bit stilted because i knew she knew but we never talked about it. Until one day years later when she was having a really bad time ( just before they became an ex-couple ) and to cut a long story short she asked me about it. Turns out she's really cool with it all and has been very helpful even. Since then our friendship has changed almost to the point where I'd say she's more my freind than he is

anyway sorry for the babble , hope it made some sort of sense :)

Lets us know if/when you do tell them both though and how you get on , gemma :hugs:

Lisa_h
08-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi Gemma and all.

I have a best friend whos a guy but for a long time I have been getting on better with his wife, Ive known her for years and over time we ve talked about everything except, lisa.

she cryes on my shoulder and I on hers. Hes starting to get jealous over it. Well last week I took a deep breath and told her and even showed her some photoes. she looked at them and smiled and said it was fine and that she understood, and had no problem with it. There was no awkward questions and I was so releived, felt as if a great weight was taken off me.

Seems funny, havent been able to tell my partner, even though she suspects and has asked about it. I lied to her. yet to my new best friend I opened up so easily. She says shes got a surprise for me next weekend. wonder what it is? ive been lucky to meet someone I can completly trust and allow me to be open and frank. shame she married.

Rikki
09-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Gemma, you will know when to come out to your friends. I told my best friend and his wife at the same time, they are very cool with me. They haven't met Rikki yet and I don't know that they will ever see Rikki, but we talk about the crossdressing. They have asked the standard questions,(are you guy, why and what do I get out of it.) I told them about 26 years ago and they have been very supportive , even when things were real bad with me, they have stuck buy and I have no regrets about telling them. The timeing has to be right. Good luck with what you decide.

Rikki

Wenda
09-02-2005, 12:23 AM
I rediscovered crossdressing just over one year ago. I think it has made me closer with my female colleagues. I don't think they know (for sure), but sometimes they may wonder about my knowledge of ladies' sizes, etc. I would just open the subject and see where the discussion leads. All the best. wenda.

hosekid
09-02-2005, 01:49 AM
I have a non cd issue with my best friends GF. I am 29 and he is 26 and she is 23. My wife is 25. My friend and my wife have a lot in common and can go on forever. Me and (we'll call her Moni) are intullectual equals and have a LOT of the same tastes. From music old and new to humor, we really hit it off. I have no physical attraction to her, but I really, really love being around her.

My wife hates when I go on a music rampage and play all the really cool "hair bands", but Moni would be right in there picking out the next song.

I feel bad cause I don't want to PO anyone, and I don't want an affair, but if I were ever to do that, this would definately be the woman that it would be with.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Deborah
09-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Save yourself a whole lot of heartache and just stay friends.;)

Clare
09-02-2005, 02:26 AM
I have always got on well with the girls, whether my mates' wives, female work associates, sporting fem friends, and so on.

The girls are so much more interesting and they also seem to be relaxed with a 'bloke' (me) in their midst. Perhaps they sense my femininity?

The guys are too macho for me - just not interested in hearing the same crap all the time!

Yep, just love mixing with the girls as an equal - or at least being accepted in their group.

Would I come out to any of them? Well, not really, not yet. My relationships with GG's is generally an open friendship. They are not really so close that i can discuss personal issues such as XDR'ing. Maybe one day in the future!

Christine

Lisa Golightly
09-02-2005, 02:32 AM
My best friend's partner isn't too sure of me, and doesn't understand why I'm like I am. She doesn't like to see me dressed to the 9's, is uncomfortable looking at my photos, and always scans me in casual to make sure I'm not too girl looking. My best friend however is the total opposite... he calls me 'The Old Tart' and is happy for me to drag him around clothes shops and shoe shops. In fact he only begins to grumble after the first two hours. :)

In terms of 'coming out' I originally revealed myself (femmewise I mean) to a girlfriend, then a female flatmate, and then just about everyone boy or girl. First one is always the most difficult, but then you care less as you head down the road...

My first girlfriend suffered the most... she really loved me, but at the time I couldn't handle being me so I kind of wrecked the relationship. She sent me a letter six years later, on the eve of her marriage saying she still loved me...

99% of the people who love you... love you. As I explained to my mother once, it's Lisa you love... the boy is just her in drag.

Lisa xxxxx

Tristen Cox
09-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Not really. My best friend of twelve years married a bitch. Well she was nice to start, until she got caught doing drugs and screwing around behind his back on him. Of course she had already had two children with him and as he loved them so much he wouldn't do anything about her(afraid to lose his children) and turned to drinking. Thanks to her I lost a very good friend.:(

Generally though I tend to get on with the female half of any couples I know but none are married.

parris james
09-02-2005, 04:38 AM
I wouldn't think about my friends wife girlfriend or whatever We don't do that in my line of work :thumbsdn: