PDA

View Full Version : A matter of perception

sandra-leigh
04-18-2010, 02:20 PM
I have wanted "breasts" for a number of years... the thought has been consuming more than its fair share of attention, with me thinking about HRT, implants, studying size and shapes that I'd like, working out volumes, and so on. Meanwhile I'm stuck with just AA's, and as I have very little flab in that area, taping or NuBra or the like do not help.

Yesterday, I was sitting upright in bed, leaning forward slightly, and I looked over at my profile in the mirror -- and for the first time ever, what I perceived was not "just a little raised area": it was a small but distinct "boob", with a down-slope and cut-back with some curvature.

My actual body shape in that area is leaner than it was 6 months or a year ago (I've lost weight including off my chest), so it isn't that I've had any growth, though some re-shaping is possible with aging and my increasingly wearing a bra. The real difference is not in what is really there, but rather in how I saw it.

Tomorrow maybe my "boobs" will be gone, or maybe from now on they will appear or disappear, like that optical illusion of "The Old Woman, or The Young Girl".

I was thinking that I should put this post in Body Issues, but the point is a bit more general: that whether your body or mannerisms are "female" or "feminine" depends upon how you look at yourself and how you feel about yourself. The biggest change comes not from a new corset or skirt or hormones: the biggest available change comes from the gray matter between your ears.

pamela_a
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM
the biggest available change comes from the gray matter between your ears

Sandra,

This is so very true, no matter what you are talking about. I don't think it could be said any better than this.

Thank you for reminding me of this.

Karren H
04-18-2010, 02:57 PM
So far thinking about them hasn't made mine any bigger. But the shop vac has. :D

Michelia
04-18-2010, 03:12 PM
more than just sometimes, Karren

docrobbysherry
04-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Led me to; breast forms, corsets, hip/butt pads, and Femskins!

Now, I no longer fantasize about growing breasts, taking hormones, or photoshopping my pics so I look like a woman!:eek:

Do ANY of those things make me FEEL more like a woman? No!
But, I sure as heck LOOK more like one! And, I don't need "oblique angles" anymore!:heehee:

Freddy12
04-18-2010, 08:40 PM
From what I understand, hormones do change you emotionally. That is part of that "grey matter".

Having said that, the tremendous risks and necessary medical supervision make this option one to be taken only in the rarest of instances.

sissystephanie
04-18-2010, 09:40 PM
From what I understand, hormones do change you emotionally. That is part of that "grey matter".
Having said that, the tremendous risks and necessary medical supervision make this option one to be taken only in the rarest of instances.

I would have to totally agree with Freddy on this. The HRT option can be a very big risk! But then, I had my 40 B's before I was 10 years old!!

noeleena
04-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Hi.

H r t does help in changeing you & that depends on the person & age the older you are the less change.
both body wise & mind wise . some changes are soft some change your thinking in some ways , be carefull , its a big change & its for life .like the meds life . & some your body will not handle & its not a cut & dry one size fits all so do your home work & then see a endo .
& dont think you will get if you are in my age bracket big breasts . more like a b to c cup on average & give or take on that.
Im 62 mine were a , b cup on h r t over 2 . 1 / 2 years . b a now a. d , cup, thats going back 5 years .
any ways , hope this helps .

...noeleena...

Billijo49504
04-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it. I'm a 42C and wish I could walk around with my shirt off, not with these knockers. You gurls that can take yours off and put them in a drawer are lucky...BJ