PDA

View Full Version : Tucking after hernia surgery

NaomiLynn
04-18-2010, 09:01 PM
I had inguinalhernia surgery on both sides ( stitched up, and a reoccurance meshed up a few years later). I haven't tried tucking, but given my circumstances, could I, or would I not be able to ?

jazmine
04-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I had a double hernia when i was a kid. It was congenital. I don't know if it was the same type you had, but my scars are located in the area between the abdomen and thigh. I had the surgery in 79' or 80', when i was in 1st grade. Some 29 or so years later, when I first started tucking, I have no problems whatsoever. It is very easy for me to tuck, and everything goes right into place without forcing. It is not painful or uncomfortable in anyway, even over long periods of time.
I don't want to tell you that it's OK in your case or condition..., but just wanted to share & tell you my experience. Mind you, I had my hernia surgery 30 some years ago.

Emma Jean
04-18-2010, 09:46 PM
I had an inguinal surgery repair a number of years ago on one side. I have not had any problems tucking since the surgery and recovery. To be honest, I never considered that there might have been an issue. Just my ignorance I guess.

Good Luck.

Stephenie S
04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
For goodness sake, why bother? It's difficult to pee, uncomfortable, and now you risk some damage? It certainly is not necessary, and adds NOTHING to your "passability". My advice? Don't even think about it.

Karren H
04-19-2010, 12:22 PM
For goodness sake, why bother? It's difficult to pee, uncomfortable, and now you risk some damage? It certainly is not necessary, and adds NOTHING to your "passability". My advice? Don't even think about it.

:iagree:

Let everything heal... Otherwise you run the risk of doing some permanent damage.

StarrOfDelite
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I think you're making a tremendously erroneous assumption that somebody on this forum would have the medical knowledge which is necessary to give you advice on this point. You should go to a medical forum on the internet, at the very least, and in my opinion should ask the surgeon who did the operation for his/her opinion. Would you rather be slightly embarrassed by doing this, or risk permanent damage to your testes?

StarrOfDelite
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I had a double hernia when i was a kid. It was congenital. I don't know if it was the same type you had, but my scars are located in the area between the abdomen and thigh. I had the surgery in 79' or 80', when i was in 1st grade. Some 29 or so years later, when I first started tucking, I have no problems whatsoever. It is very easy for me to tuck, and everything goes right into place without forcing. It is not painful or uncomfortable in anyway, even over long periods of time.
I don't want to tell you that it's OK in your case or condition..., but just wanted to share & tell you my experience. Mind you, I had my hernia surgery 30 some years ago.

At that time frame it's a 50-50 proposition that your surgeon was using a mesh patch repair, or was in fact repairing the inguinal ring itself. Not sure if it makes a difference to the question, which I think she should ask a doctor for advice about, but it's a dramatically different operation.

charlie
04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
The tucking with tape and pulling the fellas aside and holding in place is bad when you do feel fine, let alone now. Just go out and buy some "Delta Burke" type elastic pantys. To the bottom of the crotch sew in a pouch that will gently hold your male parts low and out of the way. The pouch has to be big enough to hold everything and low enough to hold things down. These have worked for me in showing a female crotch and is much more comfortable then tape etc. They also work great when you need to pee!

prettybird1978
04-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe you can tuck it up in your intestines. Just kidding.
I hope you feel better.

sherri52
04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
I cringe just thinking about it

Shelby
04-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I had 2 hernia operations as 1st grader and have always wondered if that is preventing me from tucking. I can not seem to figure out how to do it. Obviously, I am trying to be gentle, but forceful. Since it never worked, I figured it had to do with hernia operations.

erickka
04-20-2010, 06:48 AM
I just had this surgery back in January, and I waited until all healed and the soreness abated before I even wore my control panties. I have no problems with placing the berries up where they need to be or any other discomfort at this time, but I have not gone for longer than about 3 hours as of yet. The mesh is really stiff and the surgeon told me it will be at least a year before it softens and is flexible. I still don't want to push it yet, at least not until I feel I'm 100%.