PDA

View Full Version : out last night and the tail light

Wendy me
08-16-2005, 08:04 AM
as you probably have seen i did some pictures last night. as with anytime i do pictures if your going to fuss with hair make up and outfits then after you should go somewere...so i did a all night grocery store to pick up some things for dinner to night...i took my dads truck because it sits lower and is easier to get in and out of in heels and a skirt...to get to the market i needed to drive through 4 towns the last on i went by a police cruiser parked off the road no biggy ...i went to the market did my shopping got my things and left ..

as i came past the cruiser on the way back the lights came on omg my heart pounding ...praying he was looking to stop me....up in back of me and not going around...i pulled over now shaking like crazy this is not good . he comes up and barks out you have a tail light out ...iinince and regestration....
mam...now like oh shi_.. i give it to him then he gets this look looks at the picture then at me ...i said thats me (the first words i spoke) he looks again then asked were are you going ??? i said home he said Waite here after like 15 minuets he comes back gives me a warning and my lances and reg. back tells me get the light fixed ...have a good night....i was still shaking on the rest of the ride home i took the back roads home....what a rush ...

WandaJones
08-16-2005, 08:09 AM
as you probly have seen i did some pictures last night. as with anytime i do pitcures if your going to fuss with hair make up and outfits then after you should go somewere...so i did a all night grosery store to pick up some things for dinner to night...i took my dads truck because it sits lower and is easyer to get in and out of in heels and a skirt...to get to the market i needed to drive through 4 towns the last on i went by a police cruser parked off the road no biggy ...i went to the market did my shopping got my things and left ..

as i came past the cruser on the way back the lights came on omg my heart pounding ...praying he was looking to stop me....up in back of me and not going around...i pulled over now shakeing like crazey this is not good . he comes up and barks out you have a tail light out ...iinince and regestration....
mam...now like oh shi_.. i give it to him then he gets this look looks at the pitcure then at me ...i said thats me (the frist words i spoke) he looks again then asked were are you going ??? i said home he said waite here after like 15 minnettes he comes back gives me a warning and my linces and reg. back tells me get the light fixed ...have a good night....i was still shaking on the rest of the ride home i took the back roads home....what a rush ...

How's, the ticker, now ?!. I've often thought of going out driving in drab, but with my luck the same thing would happen ,or I'd have an accident.
And seeing as I 'know' some of the local constabulary, I'm sure the rest of the town would soon know too. Lucky girl, Wendy. By the way did you still look like you do in your new avatar pic ?

Wendy me
08-16-2005, 08:22 AM
it's still working ...and yes i do ...

Stephenie
08-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Glad things went well. Must of aged you a bit.

Sharon
08-16-2005, 09:35 AM
That's been a concern of mine (one of many :) ) whenever I go out also, Wendy, and I only hope that it goes as well for me as it did for you, if it indeed does happen.
Just think though, you now have another story to share with your neighbors. :D

Jenny Beth
08-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Look on the bright side, now you have to go shopping for a tail light. Somehow I just know that's not all you'll bring home.

ChristineRenee
08-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Ya dodged a bullet eh sis? Babes...knowing you, I know that you woulda charmed your way out of any potential ticket if you had to!:p

And for "crap" sakes...I sure hope that you changed into fresh panties after that close call honey babe!:D

Rachael Warren
08-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I hope you have something like this in place "State side" Wendy.

This is the guide the UK Police should follow, only a draft, but note the phrase, "treat them with the same respect and dignity as any other member of the public".

I havn't been stopped when out dressed, but did have an incident once where I got pulled over. My driving licence had a picture of me with a beard and glasses and my natural hair, at the time I had dyed my hair blonde, changed to contact lenses and shaved off the beard and mustash!

When I tried to explain to the officer he simply said "It doesn't matter what you look like, we are trained to look at your eyes". I suppose our eyes don't usually change.

Lots of love, Rachael.

"Metropolitan Police Service
Criminal Justice 0ffice
20 October, 1995

Draft Notice
Assistant Commissioner,3 Area
GN 97/95/12

Title - Advice for officers dealing with transsexuals and transvestites

It has been identified from a number of sources that there is a need for advice for officers who have to deal with transvestites and transsexuals. We must ensure that we treat them with the same respect and dignity as any other member of the public. We must also recognise that in carrying out some procedures, such as strip searching, there is also a requirement to be sensitive to the dignity of police officers called upon to perform the task.

Definitions

Transvestite
a person who dresses in the clothes of the opposite sex.
Transsexual
a person who has the physical characteristics of one sex, but with certain characteristics of the other sex. Surgery may have taken place and a person may exhibit the features of both sexes. Potentially there is a wide variation in the stage of change from one sex to the other.
The issues addressed in this Notice are how to establish the "preferred" gender of the person with whom the officer is dealing and what sex they should be treated as. The principles laid out below primarily relate to transvestites and transsexuals who are in custody or subject to a legal procedure (for example search in the street). Nevertheless they should also be borne in mind when dealing with transvestites and transsexual as victims and witnesses.

Principles

These principles are very broad and cannot cater for every possible circumstance. The actions of officers must be shown to be fair and respecting of the person's dignity.

It should not be forgotten that in law, the sex of a person is that which was registered at the time of birth, a fact that remains unchanged regardless of any subsequent medical treatment or surgery. However a rigid adherence to this principle has been found to be too inflexible and led to unnecessary confrontations. Experience has shown that where a person of doubtful sex is treated according to their preferred sex, they are more likely to be co-operative during the course of their dealings with police (for example as a witness to a crime or when being interviewed).

The following guidance should be followed:

If there is no doubt as to the sex of a person or there is no reason to suspect that the person is not the sex that they appear, they should be dealt with as that sex.
If there is doubt as to a person's sex, they should be asked what sex they consider themselves to be and what sex they would prefer to be treated as. If the person expresses a preference to be dealt with as a particular sex, they should be asked to sign the custody record or other document (e.g. pocket book for a search in the street) to indicate their preference.
If a person is unwilling to make such an election, the officer should try and determine the predominant lifestyle of the person. For example if they appear to live predominantly as a woman, they should be treated as such.
If there is still doubt, the officer will have to resort to dealing with the person according to the sex that they were born.
Transvestites and transsexuals must always be accommodated in a cell or detention room on their own.
Once a decision has been made about which sex a transvestite or transsexual is to be treated as, where possible before an officer searches that person, the officer should be advised of the doubt as to the person's sex. This is important so as to maintain the dignity of the officer(s) concerned.
Searching transvestites and transsexuals and the requirements of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, 1984 (PACE)

Code A, Paragraph 3.1 states:

"Every reasonable effort must be made to reduce to the minimum the embarrassment that a person being searched may experience".

Code A, Paragraph 3.5 states that

"...Any search involving the removal of more than an outer coat jacket gloves or headgear or footwear may only be made by an officer of the same sex as the person searched and may not be made in the presence of anyone of the opposite sex unless the person specifically requests it. "

Code C, Annex A deals with strip searches. Paragraph 11 (a) (b) and (d) state that:

"The following procedures shall be observed when strip searches are conducted..

(a) a police officer carrying out a strip search must be of the same sex as the person searched,.

(b) the search shall take place in an area where the person being searched cannot be seen by anyone who does not need to be present, nor by a member of the opposite sex (except an appropriate adult who has been specifically requested by the person being searched);

(d) the search shall be conducted with proper regard to the sensitivity and vulnerability of the person in these circumstances and every reasonable effort shall be made to secure the persons cooperation and minimise embarassment...

There is possibility that a technical breach of the codes may take place at Code C, Annex A, 11 (a) above where an officer is present is the opposite sex to the person being person searched (by birth) and yet is the preferred by the subject. However if this action most appropriately takes into account the sensitivity of the subject and reduces their embarrassment, it is believed that such a breach of the codes can be shown to be justified and most unlikely to result in any subsequent exclusion of evidence under section 78 of PACE. However any such action must be fully detailed in the custody record and the consent of the person to be searched recorded as to the preferred sex of the searching officer.

In dealing with such circumstances there is potential for conflict and embarrassment. It is also recognised that there is an opportunity for transvestites and transsexuals to attempt to "manipulate" their stated sex in an attempt to embarrass and discredit the Service. Sensible application of the principles laid out in this Notice should minimise the risk of such action and protect officers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enquiries about this Notice should be made to Sergeant Michael Morrison of the Metropolitan Police's Criminal Justice Office, at New Scotland Yard."

Karren H
08-16-2005, 11:49 AM
WOW. I've driven by police cars before abd it always shook me up a bit!! Alway drove slow enfem, maybe too slow!! But to be pulled over!! How cool! Ok not at the time, LOL! Need to develope a CD automovite perflight checklist!!! Hehehe. Check the lghts, check the tires....cxheck the makeup!! Just think, if he made you get out of the truck, you could have been on one of those COPs TV shows!! You did great Girl!!

Luv, Karren

Mx Justina
08-16-2005, 01:36 PM
If you intend on being a life-long CD, makes better sense to allow legal picture IDs to in some way reflect your unique lifestyle. Just another reason why attempting to juggle an obvious masculine and obvious femme personas is a real-world impracticality.

Don't care to elaborate further due to ID thievery public risks.

J.

Priscilla1018
08-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Look at it this way Wendy,you were probabley the high point of an otherwise boring night on patrol.

Khriss
08-16-2005, 02:27 PM
check the ticket ,Wendy, He may have left his phone# ;) :D

eleventhdr
08-16-2005, 02:48 PM
I think they must revel in harraaing people know matter how you might look it is something in there makeup or something i have alwasys had trouble with them and as a guy it is even worse. Something they must have experienced early in there life makes them this way . Give them a badge and a gun and they will abuse the priviledges that are given to them. Ah but perhaps that was one of the advantages we have lost when like in the old west when most everyone carried a gun on a hoster back then you knew who not to mess with ah well. Cop's even in a real crsis they are are none to good as i have experirened myself. Usuallly when they stop you it is a deragatpry thing. Ah a world without this. OH well. Suzy The Doctor Eleventh!.

jessbcuzz
08-16-2005, 03:11 PM
I've never been stopped while out driving dressed. The first time I ever went out for a drive, I did get followed though. Talk about almost peeing myself. On top of it, I took my girlfriends car. Thank goodness that after the plates were ran (the car was in her name), the cop backed off. I was happy that I decided to wear a really long wig. The cop must have figured the woment behind the wheel was the owner.

Olivia
08-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh wow! Wendy, s**t girl!!! I don't think my heart could stand much of that...what a grocery trip, huh? Olivia

Wendy me
08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
olivia it still works now a bit funny but then omg scared the shi_ out of me ....what a rush ...

Deidra Cowen
08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Wild story Wendy...gald it worked out alright for you! By the way that new avatar pic is very pretty.

DanaJ
08-16-2005, 05:53 PM
OMG Wendy!!! Wow, I am amazed at this, I would have been in pieces if this happened to me.

Anyone ever see the movie And Justice For All? Scary stuff.... and all over a broken tail light.

DanaJ

parris james
08-16-2005, 06:16 PM
as you probly have seen i did some pictures last night. as with anytime i do pitcures if your going to fuss with hair make up and outfits then after you should go somewere...so i did a all night grosery store to pick up some things for dinner to night...i took my dads truck because it sits lower and is easyer to get in and out of in heels and a skirt...to get to the market i needed to drive through 4 towns the last on i went by a police cruser parked off the road no biggy ...i went to the market did my shopping got my things and left ..

as i came past the cruser on the way back the lights came on omg my heart pounding ...praying he was looking to stop me....up in back of me and not going around...i pulled over now shakeing like crazey this is not good . he comes up and barks out you have a tail light out ...iinince and regestration....
mam...now like oh shi_.. i give it to him then he gets this look looks at the pitcure then at me ...i said thats me (the frist words i spoke) he looks again then asked were are you going ??? i said home he said waite here after like 15 minnettes he comes back gives me a warning and my linces and reg. back tells me get the light fixed ...have a good night....i was still shaking on the rest of the ride home i took the back roads home....what a rush ...
See not all Cops are bad guys

parris james
08-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I think they must revel in harraaing people know matter how you might look it is something in there makeup or something i have alwasys had trouble with them and as a guy it is even worse. Something they must have experienced early in there life makes them this way . Give them a badge and a gun and they will abuse the priviledges that are given to them. Ah but perhaps that was one of the advantages we have lost when like in the old west when most everyone carried a gun on a hoster back then you knew who not to mess with ah well. Cop's even in a real crsis they are are none to good as i have experirened myself. Usuallly when they stop you it is a deragatpry thing. Ah a world without this. OH well. Suzy The Doctor Eleventh!.
Is it the cops or you?

Wendy me
08-16-2005, 06:24 PM
OMG Wendy!!! Wow, I am amazed at this, I would have been in pieces if this happened to me.

Anyone ever see the movie And Justice For All? Scary stuff.... and all over a broken tail light.

DanaJ

trust me girlfreind i was ....

parris james
08-16-2005, 06:24 PM
olivia it still works now a bit funny but then omg scared the shi_ out of me ....what a rush ...
I think I woulda frisked ya

Wendy me
08-16-2005, 06:27 PM
See not all Cops are bad guys
ok girlfreind i know that yes you are a cop ...yes most are real decent types
out side of the what the fuc_ look he was wicked cool abought it...thank god....

Priscilla1018
08-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Is it the cops or you?

You put words to my thoughts when I read this crap.Cops are just doing their job it's not personal.

parris james
08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
You put words to my thoughts when I read this crap.Cops are just doing their job it's not personal.
I've been in the business 28 years and have stopped many CD's. Problem is if you try to hook up you get in trouble cause its misuse of authority. Bet you'd be suprised how many of us are into CD's but just can't say so. Anyhow I love you all

gennee
08-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Wendy me:

I read your thread about the tail light. I could only imagine how frightened :eek: you were. Somehow, you pulled it off! I also love your hairstyle. Looking gooood!

Gennee :hugs:

cdcheryl
08-19-2005, 09:16 AM
so not only did you get dinner but also had a nice story to tell the wife.

Wendy me
08-19-2005, 09:20 AM
well yes i got the dinner and lets just say telling my wife maybe not right now ,.....

cdcheryl
08-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I am thinking you might want to move to a town that has a grocery store in it to avoid those long drives. Just curious was it a stae trooper or a local town cop??

Wendy me
08-19-2005, 09:50 AM
we have a grocery store but not a late night one and it was a town cop that stopped me ... as i said he was just so nice and for that i am realy happy it could have realy gone quite badly so over all it was not that bad but then i was realy all shook up ....

Holly
08-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Wendy... OMG! I think life as I know it would have ended then and there! But, as Rachael shared, I'm sure law enforcement officers have been trained in how to deal with many different segments of society, including ours. Thanks for representing us so well. :)

paulaN
08-19-2005, 08:28 PM
WOW. I think I'd fall apart. I'd still be picking up the peaces.

Daphne Renee
09-11-2005, 05:32 PM
well I am sure there are good and bad cops.. cops are people and unfortunatly not all people are good but thankfully most are..