PDA

View Full Version : Being Outed?

Lesley Ann
04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I am sorry to those of you, who have read in the past, many threads with the same title, but of course I was never the one outed. I have always been so careful to septerate my crossdressing from my 'drab' life, so when I read the various threads about outing, I would smuggly smile and say 'well you brought that on yourself' and here I am writing to you, not so smug.
When I go out dressed I always make sure that my neighbors, who I have known since she was a little girl and knew her Mother etc., never saw me, but recently I have taken to go out on my balcony dressed thinking I was safe!
Well today there I was, and a neighbor (who used to be a bar maid in a pub that I drank in) came right up to just below my belcony, and said with her friend (who I did not reconise) "hello" using my 'drab' name, I made out that I did not know her, but she persisted. and waved, her friend giggeld, not knowing what to do I wave back, but that was not enough, she spoke to me again, so I said, in my best femm voice, "Hello" by this time her friend was almost wetting herself. I stayed my ground, strugged my shoulders, she ended her conversation by saying "I'll be seeing you" and again giving me a wave, I waved back (not knowing quite what to do). I have lived in this appartment since 1965, I and my Daughters were married from here, they have both been brought up and both went to local schools, and I have been (still am) involved in the mangement of the estate.
I do care, and I don't care, what I am most concerned is my Daughters and my Grandchilden, I can live with being a crossdresser, but.....
I know I will have to face this woman's gossip, and I 'think' I can deel with that, but my children????????

Not so smug now,
Lesley Ann.

StaceyJane
04-19-2010, 12:54 PM
I can tell you that my children were just fine when they found out about me.
Remember you are still the same person they have always known.

carolinoakland
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
It's a little diferent with the transition issue, but when my daughter got on my case about how I didn't think about how this would affect her when asked about her family history I had one thing to say. I'm sorry that you are having dificulty with my choice and how you talk about it. But it's your choice to say what you want. I will be me.

Katesback
04-19-2010, 01:07 PM
As long as you carry yourself with respect and confidence you will prevail. If at this point you decide to shy away, hide, show shame in who you are, ect. ect. you will be taken to the cleaners!

A very simple way to respond to any comment or question is to say something like "I neither confirm nor deny any allegations...and the topic is not something I will not discuss."

It takes resolve to be who you are and the vultures are hovering above... time to be strong!

Katie

Karren H
04-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Lie,, tell them that dementia is setting in... I'm finding out that if you have dementia then people will expect you to do crazy things!! Take my mother-in-law... Please!! Or say it was the new medication... Maybe you can sue and get a big settlement with the drug companys... Or aliens abducted you... Though doing crop circles enfemme sounds like fun..

Tranny Tee
04-19-2010, 01:25 PM
The more I am out the less I have to hide. I am hiding less from the neighbors and will be busted some day. I am enjoying the freedom that venturing from the closet has given me.

jennifer easton
04-19-2010, 03:04 PM
I like Karrens attitude, we could always quote Denny Crain! MAD COW!, it always worked for him

tricia_uktv
04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey well, my daughter is meeting me as Tricia for the first time on Friday - with a film crew because she is doing media studies at college. A little scary to say the least but lets see how it goes.

Lorileah
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
OR.....you can be proactive and not allow the gossip to take you where you don't want to be. Isn't it better saying "Hi son (or daughter). How are things with you? What's new? Well you see I have to tell you something about me and I would hope that you will ask any questions directly of me and you know that I am the same person no matter what. Well the other day, someone saw me in a dress. Yes, I do that on occasion and I don't do anything illegal or immoral. So you might hear from someone who told someone who told someone else. Now is there anything I can explain?" instead of "Hello, Oh hi (Son or daughter)...what!!! ME!?! in a dress??!!!. No never not me. It must be someone else. Remember how many times I told you growing up that telling the truth is the best policy?? Well I am a hypocrite and I will lie directly to you about this. It wasn't me it must have been the plumber...yeah that's it I had a leak and he was uh sitting on my balcony fixing the bathroom sink."

dorylinn
04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Sounds to me like a severe case of "sleep dressing" :)