PDA

View Full Version : Need a place to go Please

Billie46
04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Now that my girl friend likes me to dress she wants to go out to dinner but we live in a small town. So we are thinking about the Bay area
or Sacramento Calif. or Portland Or. We are not sure. If any one knows a nice place to go that people will not care about a CD could you let me know.
We would love to go out and have a nice time with-out the looks.
Thank you for any help.

sherri52
04-19-2010, 06:25 PM
The SF area has ample enough places to go to if your close. The last time I was in Scaramento I was in the guards and didn't look for any CD locations. I wouldn't think twice about going to San Fran.

Billijo49504
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi and welcome. I'd just go to the next big city, no one will be staring at you, like you think they are. I've run into people I know, when I was 3 states away from home. Just dumb luck. Just be careful and dress appropate for the area and venue you are at...BJ:drink:

TxKimberly
04-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Since I travel for a living, I go to quite a lot of restaurants and I've been well treated in ALL of them and in all cities.

youngjulie3
04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
portland is a great place for the first time for an outting.. very nice community and nice clubs, especially darcells drag shows or embers...very gay/transgender friendly!

Rebecca Petersen
04-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I would say San Francisco also...even if your hair were on fire, I don't think too many would notice. But in reality any city is probably ok. If this is your first outing, I'd stay away from Chucky Cheese though, only because the pizza is terrible, and all of the little ankle biters are soooo noisy.:)

joann07
04-20-2010, 07:24 AM
San Francisco is the place to be.
The Bay area is probably the most accepting city in the U.S. where you can go wherever and be free to be how you want to be because the community is very open minded.

Hugs!

Katesback
04-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Sis:

I did my transition in the bible belt (Tennessee). I can tell you that if you have confidence you will fit into the world and people will not give you problems.

Now if you act scarred and out of place ANYWHERE you will become easy prey to the preditors. Really similar to the animal kingdom!

Katie

Evie08
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
portland is a great place for the first time for an outting.. very nice community and nice clubs, especially darcells drag shows or embers...very gay/transgender friendly!

Check out CC Slaughter's (CC's) (http://www.ccslaughterspdx.com/) , Embers (http://www.embers.com/) and the Portland T-Girl group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tgirl_fun_in_Portland_Vancouver/) for local scheduled activites

AllieSF
04-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I agree that probably any big city would be a good place to explore going out. If you want to travel, then I can highly recommend San Francisco. It really is accepting here and you can go into any mainstream restaurant, bar, store, whatever and have a pleasant experience. Yes, some people will notice and maybe even talk among themselves. However, that is about as far as it goes. Good luck and enjoy your adventure.

Loni
04-20-2010, 12:43 PM
and if you do a sf thing, if you have the cash, do it as a overnight thing, the gf will love it.
dinner in sf, breakfast in the room. spend part of the day at the wharf...with you dressed up even. just have a good comfy walking shoes on.

great weekend.

Loni

Tranny Tee
04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I've been out dressed in both Sacramento and San Francisco. I've had a great time in both cities Sacramento is fun but San Francisco is fabulous!