PDA

View Full Version : Throw like a girl

APRIL0401
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
This past Sunday was such a beautiful day and the evening couldn't be better. I decided to get dressed and walk the walking trail through the park which is by my house. I dressed casually wearing a simple long sleeve pink tee with black crop pants along with my favorite pair of sandals. I wore just a touch of makeup and my favorite wig. I waited till it got dark and started my mile and half journey through the park. I basically had the park to myself until I got to the lighted tennis courts where two girls were playing tennis. Just when I was walking by one of their tennis balls went flying over the fence right in front of me. I went over to retrieve it and swatted down just like a baseball catcher to pick it up. I walked over and threw it left handed (I'm right handed) and barely made it over the fence. I thought to myself "I throw like a girl":o They thanked me and I smiled and waved and continued on with my walk. They went on with their game and didn't expect a thing. A few minutes later I arrived at the lighted volleyball court where a bunch of boys & girls were playing volleyball. The trail ran about twenty feet from the court. They didn't give me a second look as I walked by. I completed my walk without seeing another person. It turned out to be a great evening. I got to get dressed, get some exercise and some fresh air and enjoy the ending of a perfect day.

Angie G
04-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Great way to end a day April.:hugs:
Angie

mapletree
04-19-2010, 08:40 PM
so do i and all my life it has always kept me from baseball

Samantha B L
04-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi April, I'm from Southern Illinois near St.Louis. I haven't lived there since 1986. I go back there to see relatives on an average of once every three years. I've moved around a lot since 1986. Right now I live in Wisconsin about a half hour drive from the Minnesota Twin Cities. Anyway,my ball throwing is pretty much girlish,too. And maybe the various people on the excercise trail didn't notice you or read you because you're passable. Hun,it all sounds like it was,indeed,a very nice day.

Cheers, Samantha

AKAMichelle
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
You got to enjoy a 1-2 punch. Exercise while dressed.

t-girlxsophie
04-20-2010, 02:01 AM
I have to back up the Girls here regarding throwing like a girl,cant speak for Baseball.But my Favourite Soccer team Glasgow Celtic have a newly formed Ladies team,and they just beat An amateur mens team 3-0 in a recent friendly match,and the USAs very own Mia Hamm would have something to say i'm sure about the notion that girls dont do Sports.

And dont ya just love those cute outfits girls wear doing sports like tennis etc (couldnt resist getting girly and giggly lol).Glad you had an enjoyable day
April.

Phyliss
04-20-2010, 03:15 AM
April, be happy you could throw it "left handed", my left arm is good for filling out the other sleeve in my blouse and that other purpose. Even tossing with my right isn't much better, ( no wonder why I was always last pick for school yard baseball)

Freddy12
04-20-2010, 04:53 AM
It was really smart for you to throw left-handed. I'm not sure that I would have been that quick to come up with such a good solution. It made your walk a more enjoyable one. Sounds like you are comfortable dressing! Congratulations

Barbara_MacKenzie
04-20-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm right handed, but would have to throw with my left hand to effect a girlie throw lol.

eluuzion
04-20-2010, 05:31 AM
I hate to sound like "Bobby Buzzkill" here, but my thoughts were not about throwing left-handed. It was about walking alone at night in a park.

I am well trained in martial arts since I was about 12 years old. But I still would not be walking alone in a park at night these days, even in male attire. There are plenty of boogey-men to go around...but with the economic crisis, even some previously stable people are candidates for the "snap-out" team these days.

On a positive note, it could be an opportunity to practice your feminine "scream". lol

HaveFun/BeHappy:hugs:

deborah84
04-20-2010, 09:56 AM
I have to back up the Girls here regarding throwing like a girl,cant speak for Baseball.But my Favourite Soccer team Glasgow Celtic have a newly formed Ladies team,and they just beat An amateur mens team 3-0 in a recent friendly match,and the USAs very own Mia Hamm would have something to say i'm sure about the notion that girls dont do Sports.

And dont ya just love those cute outfits girls wear doing sports like tennis etc (couldnt resist getting girly and giggly lol).Glad you had an enjoyable day
April.

Perhaps you should enter the ladies team in the SPL next season! Might make the title race a bit closer this time ;-)

Debbie

Karren H
04-20-2010, 10:02 AM
I used to think I shot the puck like a girl but after watching the girls play hockey in the olympics...... I can only dream I could ever shoot as good as the worst of those girls!! Guess I have an uber limp wrist... shot! Lol.

Tina B.
04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I wish I could throw like a girl, our local college has a pitcher on the womens softball team that is awesome.
It sounds like a real nice evening, and I think the throwing like a girl was a cute touch.
Tina B.