PDA

View Full Version : Hey, you look like.....?

eluuzion
04-20-2010, 06:07 AM
For some reason I go through periods where I am a pic-posting fool, and periods where I do not post any for a long time. (Obviously, I am in the no-post mode since joining the forum, which I will change soon).

Anyway, during my picture posting marathons at various times in the past, I would get feedback, just as we all do.
This typically included people saying "your pic reminded me of "so-n-so". (Usually some celebrity of some kind).

Sometimes it feels like a compliment, sometimes it seems like a suggestion to place a bag over your head...lol

So, what people have you been compared to (physical appearance) over your "pic posting" life?

Me...Ann Coulter, (face, not hair) and long time ago...darn, just forgot her name...Jamie something..the chic on the Activa commercial.

How about you?

Deborah Jane
04-20-2010, 06:29 AM
I've been compared a celebrity once or twice :battingeyelashes:

The one from the Andrex commercials

erickka
04-20-2010, 06:35 AM
O.K., I think you are referring to Jamie Lee Curtis, for Activia. From your avatar, I really can't say exactly who I might think you look like, but, from what I can see, you do look pretty darn good!

victoriamwilliams1
04-20-2010, 07:57 AM
I have been compared to a celebrity's a lady from the early 1900's, I have also been told I look like I could be the sister of a lady on the other side of Michigan:)

Billijo49504
04-20-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't know any old farts, that look like me. But I use pictures to see how I'm doing on the makeup and such. I wait 2 days to see how I was that day. They usually look perfect the time I take them, but a few days later, not so good. All the best...BJ:drink:

Karren H
04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Yeah... I get that all the time...except to date they have all been male celebs.. "You look just like Ben Afflac in drag". Thanks... Sigh....

A few years ago, in Salt Lake City... Just down the street from the Tabernacle enfemme... this guy on a street corner thought I looked like someone he knew... He wouldn't give up... "I don't think so". Lol

Shelby
04-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Being compared to Ann Coulter? If she only knew about that comparison, it might offend eveything she stands for and cause her to go off the deep end - oh wait, she already has. Let's not get her involved or we'll become one of her newest targets.

jennifer easton
04-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Karren same boat here, CARL MALLDEN!! HA! (no doubt spelled wrong)

AKAMichelle
04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
So post some pics and then we can see what the group thinks you look like. Nobody has ever said I look like someone. Right I feel like the only person I resemble is Kristie Allie. Big and Fat! :devil:

Carrie R
04-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Depending on my look at the time, I've been said to resemble Helen Hunt, Snow White, or Tony Stewart :D

SherriePall
04-20-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't look like anybody. I am just one-of-a-kind, for whatever that is worth. Fortunately, I don't look like my male self or else I would be banned from posting pics here or anywhere else on the internet.
BTW, Karren, that was probably Kathi en drab who thought she recognized you in Salt Lake City.

Lexine
04-20-2010, 03:27 PM
A couple of months ago on Facebook, when they had the celebrity doppleganger event happening, I uploaded a pic of my male side to MyHeritage.com where it uses a program to figure out who your closest approximate celebrity look-alike is and guess what result(s) I got?

Mariah Carey and Scarlett Johansson? Really?

*I pixelated my male face on purpose. No, it wasn't pixelated BEFORE I uploaded the pic to their site :)

Sophie
04-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Someone said after posted in the "who we are again" thread her that I looked like Mira Sorvino which I took as a HUGE compliment!! after googling her of course!!

Sophie

msniki48
04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Well the older i get...the more i am starting to think i look like Walter Mathau....with a wig!:eek:

Lifestyle lift!!!!! Take Me Away!:doh:

:hugs:

sherri52
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I was told I looked like Tom Cruise only older
Yeah much older. I have a better resemblance to Phyliss Diller

lady sawdust
04-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm really curious who I look like when dressed, but I'm much too afraid to ask. What if I got someone ugly!?:eek:

I'd be forced to kill myself. :sad:

BrendaAlexandra
04-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Jeanine Garafolo

http://photos1.hi5.com/0016/148/931/.WBj06148931-02.jpg

Dana Garrett
04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Franknstein in a tubetop and roller skates

t-girlxsophie
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Does being Compared to MeatLoaf in A dress count:sad:
jeez am not that blooming bad Surely:straightface:

RockerTerri
04-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Valerie Bertinelli....wasnt sure how to take that. (my edit. This was just once, but, as I dont know who the next person even is, its the one I can actually name)

Evidently, there is some TV show (havent owned a TV in about 8 years) that has some goth chick-ballistician or something on it; once a week I hear that I look like her.

Fun thread!

Laura Evans
04-20-2010, 07:28 PM
I was told by someone here that I looked like her female cousin but she did not share a photo of her so that I could compare. Never compared to a celebrity boo-hoo.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Evidently, there is some TV show (havent owned a TV in about 8 years) that has some goth chick-ballistician or something on it; once a week I hear that I look like her.

Fun thread!

That would be Abby on the show NCIS, I believe, portrayed by Pauley Perrette.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Sciuto

Veronica Rogers

RockerTerri
04-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Ah, ok.

And oddly, yeah, she kinda looks like me. Wonder if she knows?!:)

Cassandra Lynn
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Depending on my look at the time, I've been said to resemble Helen Hunt, Snow White, or Tony Stewart :D

You remind me of Melanie Griffith-Banderas. mj (Cassie)

Chloe' Buffington
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I do a few Wynona songs in DRAG shows, and try to look the part.

I just found out the word Drag was coined by Wm. Shakespear. Its an acronym for "Dressed Resembling A Girl".

SherriePall
04-21-2010, 12:16 PM
RockerTerri -- If people say you look like Abby from NCIS, take that as a huge compliment. There is just something about her. She is a really good looking girl and has a contagious personality (at least on the show).

TommiTN
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I've been told a couple of times, and independently, that I resemble Dottie West. I'm OK with it; I liked her. May she R.I.P.

Elizabeth Ann
04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
With these strong creases (gutters?) from the corners of my nose to the corners of my mouth, I have occasionally been told I look, in drab, like Harrison Ford. But a mental image of Ford (me) in femme, not a pretty thought!

Liz

RockerTerri
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
RockerTerri -- If people say you look like Abby from NCIS, take that as a huge compliment. There is just something about her. She is a really good looking girl and has a contagious personality (at least on the show).

I do take it as a compliment, indeed! Though i suspect it does have more to do with my style of dress and makeup, I can see some similarities.

And seriously, while my body dosent compete, in the face the two of us are reeealy similar.

Kinda cool, really.

lisaB
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Have been likened to Kim Cattrall, although she was in "Bad Girls" wasnt she?
So couldnt possibly have been me!!:daydreaming::D

Angelofsomekind
04-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Last year at Be All I was told I looked like Anne Hathaway, that made my day!

GingerLeigh
04-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Ugh, that Chandler guy from "Friends". Except in a dress. I don't see it!

Madilyn A.
04-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I've got Kim Novack, an actress from the 60's; Barbara Billingsley who played Mrs Beaver Cleaver on TV and as a Redhead, Lucille Ball.

ClaireMarie1
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
If I don't get help with make up soon....Alice Cooper

Rebecca Petersen
04-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I was once told I look just like Jessica Simpson...No wait...It was Homer Simpson, that's who it was.
Seriously, nobody has ever said, but after looking at some old family pictures, I see a resemblance to my mother, when she was younger. Guess that's not too outlandish.:heehee:
Rebecca