PDA

View Full Version : Dressing services

Katie4ever
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi, has anyone been to a dressing service? Wondered how people had got on as I'm thinking of going to one and wondered if it would be worth it or just a pricey way of doing it. I can't dress at home so thought it might be the best option? Be interested to know what people think? xx

t-girlxsophie
04-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Dressing Services can be Pricey,but Shop Around and you may find one that suits your Purse.

If you want to meet others there is Crosslynx TV/TS Support group in Glasgow,thats a good way to find places to help you,It was Invaluable to me when I first started out.
Sophie xx

jenna_woods
04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
that's interesting I never heard of them,

Katie4ever
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks Sophie. I did go to one in London a couple of years ago and while I had a brilliant time it did seem a bit pricey. Wondered if it was just me being tight though!

t-girlxsophie
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Sssshhhh dont spread that about,regarding us Scots girls being Tight with money:D:heehee:

sissystephanie
04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
A Scots "girl" who wants to spend money on a Dressing Service? Am I dreaming? Seriously, I have been to different Dressing services here in the U.S.A. and really enjoyed myself. Yes, it was rather pricey but I think it was worth it.

BTW, I will be in Aberdeen in late August thru early September.

Stephenie S
04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Yes, you are right. They ARE pricey. Is it worth it? Only you can answer this.

Ideally you should learn to do this yourself. You are a grownup after all and should not need to be "dressed". That's what natal women do. They dress themselves. It's not hard to learn, and you will gain a great deal of satisfaction.

Stephie

insearchofme
04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
What is "pricey"? I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I wanted someone to pamper me, teach me about makeup, put me in different hair styles, different clothes, take pics of me. In short, treat me like a Queen!

All that happend, so the cost $125 plus a generous tip was well woth it. To me not pricey at all. I've done it more than once and can't wait to do it again.

Katie4ever
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for your replies. Laughed my head off at those replies about the Scots! Hehe

Kayla_CD
04-22-2010, 04:33 PM
I went to two of them, and loved my experience at both. The first was on vacation in London, called Transformations, I think. That was really great because it was the first time I dressed fully, only downside was all I got was a polaroid and I forgot it in the dressing room :(

I also went to one at home in Toronto and she did an amazing job with my makeup. I looked better than I had before or since. If for nothing else, it boosted my confidence in the look I can pull off and gave me some great tips for the future. Check out my album, all the pics with the gold background are from that trip.

t-girlxsophie
04-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Kayla I do ok with makeup but I wish I could magically have the skills these Women possess,the lady that came to my local support group,Done my face up and ive never been able to come close to recreating the look

Sophie xx