PDA

View Full Version : I suppose we have all done this

Elizabeth 66
04-22-2010, 05:08 AM
I just went out to get a sandwich at my usual place, i normally eat there, but as i was there reading the paper, i noticed i still had my nice pearl pink nail polish on! i quickly asked for my sandwich to go, made my excuses and left.

I live in a small town were everyone knows everyone, and i want to be the one to tell my mum, when im ready, and not the gossip mongers!

Keely
04-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Sarah I've done similar.

I once wore a pearl necklace all afternoon. Went to the gas station, hardware and grocery. Wasn't until I got home that I noticed it. Nothing came of it. Nail polish through the drive through once too.

Bound to happen as it becomes second nature.

DAVIDA
04-22-2010, 05:19 AM
I have to make sure that I have the correct shoes on!:eek:
I wear my girl shoes even if I am not dressed.:heehee:

lee in a skirt
04-22-2010, 05:40 AM
When I was younger I used to deliver part of my paper round en femme. This was very fun but seen as I didnt always do it en femme I had a few close calls. On top of this my parents friends lived on the other part of my paper round which was hard to avoid.

Freddy12
04-22-2010, 05:51 AM
I recently left nail polish on and realized it when I was in a store. I don't think it was noticed, and tried to act completely normal since I thought that if I tried to cover up, it would just draw attentiuon to my pink nails.

Sally24
04-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Happens alot in the Summer. We'll got out in the warm morning sun to run some errands and when we get out of the car I'll look down at my flip flops and realize I have my toes painted! Oh well........:heehee:

Karren H
04-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Never.. I do wear fem things in male mode but If I'm wearing something out then I'm doing it on purpose.

RockerTerri
04-22-2010, 07:17 AM
I never even tried to hide it back at the beginning, but OFC a lot of guys paint their nails black too (my usual color at first) and they just figured I was another wierdo.

Guess theyre right, hehehe.

Jocelyn Quivers
04-22-2010, 08:24 AM
It hasn't happened with my nails so much. Eyeliner and mascara there have been several times I've gotten second looks just from me being to lazy to remove all of it.

Sandra
04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
It really has nothing to do with anyone else but you so don't hide from it... I do understand that you want to be the one who tells your mum though..maybe sooner rather than later?

Christie ann
04-22-2010, 08:37 AM
I love that pearl pink polish. It is very understated and really not noticeable from a quick look. I wear it when ever the chance presents itself. It is close to a natural color but has a great shine.

teather
04-22-2010, 08:53 AM
A girlfriend painted my finger nails once and wouldn't give me remover to take it off. It was a subtle shade so I wasn't too bothered. A couple of days later at work one of the women from the office spotted it - 'Are you wearing nail polish?' she asked. I just told her the truth and she was fine with that. I'd have been as red as a beetroot if I had done it myself.

Elizabeth 66
04-22-2010, 08:57 AM
I love that pearl pink polish. It is very understated and really not noticeable from a quick look. I wear it when ever the chance presents itself. It is close to a natural color but has a great shine.

Its my absolute favourite colour at the moment!

jenifer m.
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
ive walked around by accedent with makeup residue still on my eyes,but i think no one cared i dont remember any strange looks

jucyberry
04-22-2010, 09:40 AM
I once went out to work with my nail polish still clearly visable.:doh:

Luckily i only made it to the end of my street. I hurried home with my hands firmly in my pockets

Love

Lucy

Tina B.
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I had to stop and buy nail polish remover on my way to work when I noticed the pink nails, a mini mart full of construction workers, and me in my work uniform, Awkward
Tina B.

docrobbysherry
04-22-2010, 09:50 AM
On MY beat up, wrinkled old man hands, nail polish is a WASTE of time and money!:sad:

Jennifer in CO
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
worst I ever remember doing was forgetting earrings. Now, it wouldn't be any big deal, but in the 70's?

Jenn

EjayeCD
04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I went to a VS on the spur of the moment to get some Second Skin Satin panties & had a woman's top on with jeans, tucked. I totally forgot I had glue on french nails on & 1" hoops in my ears. I got a funny look from a SA & figured she saw the jeans & me tucked. No big deal. THEN I handed to SA my credit card to pay & I saw my nails. Talk about turning red. Then I saw my hoops in a reflection. The SA didn't mention anything. Just said thank you.

Schatten Lupus
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I had my toe nails partially painted when I had carpal tunnel surgery. My left sock went off so they could put the bracelet on my ankle, and since that foot was clear I didn't mind. In recovery though, when they took the booty things off to put my socks back on I was protesting because I have very bad athletes foot. My right foot still had some toes painted. I don't know if the nurse thought I was protesting because of that, but it really was because my feet should have biohazard signs on them.
I have also went out with some eye makeup on, that I thought was off. One of my friends noticed it, but thought it was because I had drank a big bottle of robotussin and I was trippin. My dad even saw the makeup and asked about it. When I finally made it home that day and saw myself in a mirror, I noticed what my friend and dad pointed out, but nobody in town while I was doing my running seemed to notice.
I also went out once with glittery black nail polish.

Chessu
04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
I ended up driving home from New hampshire on day after meeting someone and completely forgot to take off my make-up. I was making my way through one of the tolls and the guy gave me kind of a funny look, it then dawned on me that I still had all my make-up on.

AKAMichelle
04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I did it with mascara. That's how my boys found out about my cd'ing.

SummerJ
04-22-2010, 07:39 PM
First time I ever tried mascara, I totally forgot about it. I went out and met some friends later, but nobody noticed.

Every so often I'll be too lazy to take off nail polish on my toes.

RachelPortugal
04-23-2010, 03:00 AM
On several occasions family and friends have commented to me or my wife that they thought I was wearing mascara, when in fact I wasn't! I have naturally long eyelashes, which makes my wife and daughters a bit jealous and also means I have to be careful when I do apply mascara because my lashes touch the inside of my glasses.

I nearly always wear a grey (sometimes black) eyeliner. It makes me feel good and is usually not noticed behind my glasses.

Rachael

gabimartini
04-23-2010, 06:34 AM
I don't think we just "forget"... these things are called Freudian slips (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip) in my book. It's almost as if we set ourselves up to be outed, and then go "OMG, I forgot to remove my nails, I forgot to wipe off my face, I forgot to take off my lashes"... lol. Once you open that closet door, the girl within claims every little inch she can.

Jenny Doolittle
04-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Gabi is SO right!

PretzelGirl
04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
I agree with Gabi and Jenny. Some things are just too much on the top of our minds to be forgotten. I think we also do this with some things we say. Just the inner girl wanting to come out to everyone!

Loni
04-23-2010, 05:04 PM
nobody has said anything about eye makeup..but i ware dark glasses all day, but did get busted once at work for lipstick. :eek:

NathalieX66
04-23-2010, 05:16 PM
i haven't got busted yet, but I fear it all the time.
I'm in the shoe business, and I also happen to be the closest thing to our wear test sample size, which is US 9, and I'm 8.5 (women's 9.5), and the corporate VP's are always asking me to try shoes on, so I bettter dare not wear socks with holes in them, knowing I have shaved legs & metallic magenta nail polish. My previous job, I wore earrings almost every day, but now I worked my way up the ladder, and have to look the part.

I believe Gabi is right. Sometimes we're trying to tell people something through subtle messages.