PDA

View Full Version : to cut or not to cut

jennig
08-16-2005, 08:00 PM
hi girls i went and got acriclic nails on friday pritty long about half inch past the ends of my fingers. i got them in french well this is nothing new for me the question is for the first time i did not cut them off on sunday night so monday and tues i have gone about my boy life with long french nails. they werr just to nice to cut off! well its been fun alot of questions to say the least the best was being call into the personal office and after the woman going around the subject she finialy asked me about the nails I looked her in the eye and said if woman can have long polished nails and short stubbey nails then why cant men she looked at me and said sorry. well the question is why and what do you girls think thanks jenni :)

Tamara Croft
08-16-2005, 08:07 PM
That was a good answer 'why can't men'. Why can't you indeed??? Simple answer..... there is no good reason as to why you can't have nice nails. Besides, I'd like to think in this day and age, more men should be looking after their nails. And if you want to have acrylics, I don't see why not. In the city where I live, we have so many nail bars it's unreal and a lot of the nail techs are male. So...... to cut or not to cut....... I'd say.... not to cut ;) When I first met my SO, he had aweful nails, they were bitten.... ewwww......... now he has beautiful nails :D

CharleneCD
08-16-2005, 10:14 PM
I had gels put on my nails about 2 months ago and I now refuse to take them off. They always look nice, and I never chew on them anymore. The best part about the gels is I can grow them out longer or have them cut short depending upon the situation, and they look nice either way. One good comment is "Why should guys have to put up with ugly nails?".

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I usually keep mine long and none complains but they actually get in the way quite often so I cut them off.
However, to me, "short" is about 1/8 inch past the pink so they'll be long again in a week. :D

Imogen_Mann
08-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Motorcycles and nails do not mix, mine are short and stay that way, too painfull to bend back or split.

HOWEVER.... ! I agree wholeheartedly that if you want them long, grow them long and bite back if anyone raises question or objections !

XX

Jayme

LaceLuvr
08-17-2005, 02:48 PM
don't do or have the urge to do much with my nails other than keep them short but there is no reason men can't have nails if they want too.

maybe your personnel woman was jus jealous cause yours looked better lol

Melissa A.
08-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I have grown my nails long before, naturally. The problem I find is that if you do not keep polish on them (which I couldn't possibley do, trust me!) they get very dirty and it really shows. Not good looking.

Congratulations, Jennig. Your response when questioned is admirable. I hope you keep them and enjoy them.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

jennig
08-17-2005, 04:02 PM
well thanks for thr replys i kept my nails long but i dont know why when Iwas getting ready for work today I got dressed and did a little makeup and put on a wig so i walk into the office just a few looks nobody says a word now at this point I still have no idea why i did this! lunch go's by just a few remarks no to bad. thenI get the call to come to personal and then i knew why i did this. well she says nice hair and i said thanks she says what are you yrying to do? i said what do you mean she says with the long nails and hair and makeup iam treddind on thin ice! so i looked her in the eys and said can a woman have long nails and hair? she said yes. can a woman have short nails and short hair she said well that not the point i said that is the point and got up and walked out with no further talk the rest of the day. do i keep going and see what happends of do i stop a be a good ittle boy? I have never thought of going full time but its not fair o and by the way i realy dont care if theay fire me thanks jenni

Melissa A.
08-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Wow. You have got guts, girl. That is really impressive, if true. I hate to throw that in, but you are new here, and you should know that people telling tall tales is a much discussed topic here, and those who do it do not, to say the least, endear themselves to the other girls. Having said that, I will let you respond indignantly or wrestle with your own conscence, and assume for this moment, that it's true. Quite impressive! Since you have already done it, let your feelings be known, and don't care what people think or if they let you go, I would continue. Go full fem. Have fun and enjoy it. You may not get the chance again. Good luck, dear.

Hugs,

jennig
08-17-2005, 04:35 PM
thanks for the reply yes its true but the thing is i never wanted it to go this far all i wanted to to was not cut my nails like i always do and try to get through the week without cutting them well sorry that you thought is was makeing this up jenni

Melissa A.
08-17-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't necessarilly think it's untrue, Jenni, but it is something most of us would not dream of doing at our place of work, and on the scale of unusual experiences, your story is definitely up there. Like I said, the subject of people embellishing here has become a very heated and hurtful topic, at times. My intent was to let you know that. Unfortunately, some do it, and alot of us have developed a radar for it, and some of the girls here are much more skeptical than I. Believe me, I asked you if it was true alot more nicely than some would have. Please understand that virtually everyone here is a sweetheart, ready to give their support and friendship at the drop of a hat, but also become very hurt if they feel those feelings are being abused and manipulated. We are very protective of what we have here, so I had to ask. If I hurt your feelings, I am sorry.

Again, I will say you have guts! And I still think you should continue, having gone this far. If I knew I could go to work dressed, I would. Go get'em!

Hugs,

Adrianne
08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Jenni good for you, you have guts girl.

Adrianne.

DanaJ
08-17-2005, 06:38 PM
May I ask jenni, what kind of job do you do? What is the work enviroment like?

DanaJ

jennig
08-17-2005, 07:01 PM
hi thanks for the reply i work in a ins clams office wefind a out a way how not to pay clams the office envirorment is mostly woman and not dressey
i have been thear 12 years
thanks jenni