PDA

View Full Version : How do I make myself look more feminine?

Veryconfused
04-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Can someone tell me a good way to look and act more femminine without having to take stuff too drastically because I haven't told anyone about being a cd and I don't think I will for a while. But I still need help so when I go out I don't look only only look and act like a boy in a dress? Much thanks for replying

AmandaM
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
It'll take studying females and doing what they do. That is the path you must take, grasshopper.

NathalieX66
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Get books like the Lazy Crossdresser by Charles Anders, or Miss Vera's Finishing School For Boys Who Want to be Girls.

Hope this helps. :hugs:
Nathalie

~Michelle~
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
If you as an actor would get a role to play a woman in a movie, what would be your best preparation? Indeed, studying women.

~Michelle~
04-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Irene, it doesn't come across as stereotyping, it IS stereotyping.

Btw, why do you suggest long hair, because it can for some do more harm than good when it comes to creating a feminine look.

eluuzion
04-23-2010, 01:08 AM
You can learn alot of tips by reading the archived threads on this and other CD sites.

When in Rome...

The best way to learn anything is to observe those who are proficient at it (GG), then try to emulate the behavior until you perfect it. Most people overlook the small subtle cues and movements, which is actually the most critical part of producing authenticity. Just pick a park or popular lunch spot for women. Get comfortable and just observe. (I said "observe", not "stalk"...lol)

Angiemead12
04-23-2010, 03:31 AM
There are many things you need to learn. First off is know your body type, certain clothes compliment certain body types. Check if your hourglass, triangle, upsidown triangle and the pear.

It also helps to research, I use YouTube to learn how to walk in heels, how to apply makeup, and how to feminize your voice.

The last would be practice. Practice walking in heels, applying make up and be observant of feminine behaviuor. If you notice women sit, stand, and walk very differently from males. Even simple hand gestures and body language is different.

What helps me as well is to take photos! I learn from looking at myself.

gabimartini
04-23-2010, 06:03 AM
What's the rush? I'm sorry to tell you, but it's neither easy nor quick. In addition to what's been said, if you plan to get out of the house, don't forget about developing a female voice.

noeleena
04-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Hi.

The comment i would make tho, you seem not to be going to do that for a while is go out dressed as a female . sit some where not to out just being comfortable, having a coffe or tea & intreract with people does that sound hard ,
yes for the first time .

Just dress in normal clothes not over the top just some thing that looks nice according to your age , make up . a little not much lippy, eye liner. face powder .flatish shoes ,hand bag to suit your clothes ,
hair, a wig thats in keeping with what looks nice. on you , your voice dont sweat that . just be yourself dont over act what you think you see a woman or female does ,

Do you have any friends . a woman who works in a fashon shop or make up . & ask her for some h e l p . got it ask , dont worry they dont bite. really they well ,most are there to help & they wil.

I went to many shops in bob mode for many years . 12 years ago i just said i was dressing as a woman & would they have a think about some clothes that would suit me . not a problem ,
make up shop .

I did the same thing & told them the next time they saw me it would be me , a woman . they did not reconise me till i talked with them , i have known those people for years & at lest evey 3 weeks i go in & have a natter. you build up a relationship . over time ,

What do i do just normal clothes that most women wear , no make up just lippy
flat shoes, or ankle boots, a long skirt , & a nice top, a tee ,

if im going in to the village hand bag & sun glass s not over the top , oh no comment on hair i dont have any or a wig its just my head wear or head scrave,
my scarve s are very stand out pinks & many colours like that ,& when people see me they know who i am so thats okay .

the thing is most people dont look at your face they wont to see what your wearing , your bag , & shoes or me my boots , so really what im saying is you will be surprised how easy it is , its only ,,,,our,,,, fear, of being looked at ,
It does not matter if you dress sometimes . or all the time like me or what ever ,

Its you go out enjoy your self & its better still with some one
Just dont get hung up on it has to be perfect im most certinly not & i meet lots of people & do they care . not in the lest .
I know you wont take up on what iv said , at lest think about it , & may be one day youll remember what i said & just go out & do it . & then youll say i should have just done it & gone out ...nothing like looking back ....a....
Oh for got that pic is what people see & have done just with out any hair

...noeleena...

tamarav
04-23-2010, 06:20 AM
From this and your previous posts, it seems you are trying to look feminine from a male point of view. You want it now and want to look like a hot woman. It takes time and lots of practice, just as all the previous posters have indicated.

Research everything, sit in the mall and watch how women move and interact and look. Imitate their moves, their appearance and styles. Trying to do this overnight will result in a poor presentation.

We all tend to get our heads completely enveloped in pink fog when the first appearance of being feminine happens, even if it is only one piece of clothing or makeup or whatever. Don't let the little head get ahead of the big head..

Kate Simmons
04-23-2010, 07:05 AM
You have to get into the role and make it your own. You need to be convinced yourself first because if you are not, no one else will be either.:)

DianneW
04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
this one got me thinking; If you look at the average female in your neighborhood , on a daily basis, they do very little in the way of make-up. They are housewives, mommies & are too busy or tired to make-up everyday. If you really want to see the glam girls, go to the business district in your town and watch. These are the more professional women, the one's keeping up with fashion, who have to look good all the time for their jobs, their hair & make-up are almost always perfect, they walk a certain way, sit, cross their legs & in general present themselves as the feminine females that I myself would like to look like the most. IMHO

Karren H
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
when I find that out I'll let you know... Still trying to figure that out myself. Sigh.

Chari
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Great info from previous posts! There is a lot to learn to be a "passable" female and IMO there is no quick way. Always choose feminine clothing that is age/event appropriate that you are comfortable and confident wearing. Add a little makeup (unless it's party time), comfortable shoes, don't forget your purse, and practice, practice, practice! Enjoy your femme side.

AKAMichelle
04-23-2010, 09:31 AM
It is a journey. Think of yourself as a teenage girl who is exploring new things until she finds what she likes. Then little by little she begins to bloom. You too can experience that if your patient and learn well.

dilane
04-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Just pick a park or popular lunch spot for women. Get comfortable and just observe. (I said "observe", not "stalk"...lol)

As Yogi Berra said: "You can observe a lot just by watching." :)

But as G.K. Chesterton said (I paraphrase): "The most difficult thing to do is to see what is really there."

t-girlxsophie
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Am in my 40s now and still learning,remember GGs have been doing this all their life,we will always be playing catch up,and we can only do our best to look as good as we can.Sorry for the cliches

docrobbysherry
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
After 13+ years, I don't feel I'm even CLOSE to looking/acting fem!:sad:

So, I simply CHEAT!:brolleyes: Every way possible!:heehee:

Nicole Erin
04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Get books like the Lazy Crossdresser by Charles Anders, or Miss Vera's Finishing School For Boys Who Want to be Girls.

Hope this helps. :hugs:
Nathalie

Miss Vera book wasn't of much help to me, I found it to be more of a huge pamphlet for her school than to have solid advice on CD'ing.

LAzy crossdresser is a good one, but didn't have anything that most experienced CD/TS don't already know.

Now for making onesself more femme but still living as a male, maybe thin the eyebrows just a bit but not drastic, and try to adopt a hairstyle that could be masculine or feminine. Keep clean shaven. Also, if you start shaving your legs, it is unlikely anyone will say anything, or really even notice. Most of us who shave legs all the time don't hear much of anything. Once in a while a GG will notice and comment how nice they look but men WON'T comment, save for your close friends who will acecept you no matter who you become.
If you don't want to say it is cause you are CD, just say you don't like having body hair.

KellyLeech
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
pluck your eyebrows! trust me! but do it slow, like a few a day so it isnt so sudden. you may not believe it but eyebrows are one thing that can totally change your face! and take care of your skin! dont be blotchy and wrinkly like a man. coverup really helps, i think i look pretty girly with just some foundation to even me out. and go online to look for ways to walk and behave. i could explain more but it would take a lot of writing...

Lexine
04-23-2010, 04:34 PM
I can only give advice based on what I did but know that women come in all shapes and sizes and, like what Angiemead said, it's all about what you know about your body type and what clothes go well with that.

But before I started CDing I started working out, working on my abs and doing lots of cardio to lose weight. I also started taking care of my skin a lot more and, like what KellyLeech suggested, had my eyebrows arched by a local salon. Bushy eyebrows are easy tip-offs that you're male but a lot of guys have their eyebrows done (well, in California anyway) so it's an easy enough change that's fairly inconspicuous.

All of this doesn't happen overnight. A lot of reading forum threads here, plus looking at current styles and practice is highly recommended.

Good luck on your journey!

Kate Simmons
04-23-2010, 05:17 PM
After 13+ years, I don't feel I'm even CLOSE to looking/acting fem!:sad:

So, I simply CHEAT!:brolleyes: Every way possible!:heehee:Pretty much. The real answer here is to do what every red blooded woman does--fake it! Always worked for me.:)