PDA

View Full Version : Glass Houses

Nigella
04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
[No not a thread about gardening]

We have read umpteen times on this forum about how it is a support forum for "Crossdressers, the Transgendered, Transsexuals, their Loved Ones and Friends". Yes we do offer a lot of support to each other, in a lot of different areas, but we are like the rest of the whole wide world. For every problem we have/percieve, there is the same problem in the "real world"

Just like the real world, there is a plethera of differing values on any given subject, but the one thing that really does get my goat is how much we preach tolerance towards us by the General Public, but we are not very tolerant towards anyone who has an opposing view to us in some very contentious issues.

Is it not about time we put our own house in order, before we "demand" tolerance of the General Public?

Sheila
04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Nigella just like in the real world, we are passionate about our beliefs, and perhaps some of us sometimes feel because we are in a minority we sometimes have to shout longer and louder than others just to get noticed :sad: I know it shouldn't be this way, but at least in the real world we also get body language and tone intonation, which is missing from the net, so sometimes making our words appear harsher than they are in actuality, then there is of course the different dialects in use world wide, damn hard sometimes for us Norther UKers to understand them soft Southerns, let alone peeps a continent away.... just my :2c:

Karren H
04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
And simular to the real world... just because we like to wear the same type of clothing also doesn't mean we have that much in common? For me its not about support... More like socailzation... With a high degree of entertainment value... But that's just me..

suchacutie
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
What better place is there for us to disagree than here, within the forum where at least we all understand those differences! We need to keep it civil and respect the differences we all have. Beyond that, the differences of opinions are part of what we need to vent:)

tina

Mistybtm
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
And simular to the real world... just because we like to wear the same type of clothing also doesn't mean we have that much in common? For me its not about support... More like socailzation... With a high degree of entertainment value... But that's just me..
I agree with you and also a place to learn more about who i am. thank you all for all the help:battingeyelashes::hugs:

charlie
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Hello Nigella!
The forum only brings a group of people of similar mind together, not similar values or wants or ideals. We all cross dress and we all are not greatly accepted by most of society. Beyond that we are not alike. Hence, lots of different ideas put forward here are either accepted, rejected outright or bombed by the various participants here. Not everyone wants support, camaraderie, or even to be accepted by the greater society. Most are just trying to get their own heads around what we do, let alone being folded into society.

Sheila
04-23-2010, 10:27 PM
The forum only brings a group of people of similar mind together, not similar values or wants or ideals. We all cross dress

Sorry Charlie we don't all crossdress, for a start there are TS who are dressing to portray who they actually are male and females TS, then their are the SO's who support CDER and TS alike again both male and female SO's, then there are brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, and other family members who come here to support our loved ones, and freinds of TS and CDERs as well