PDA

View Full Version : Leftfield Question

CherryZips
04-24-2010, 03:44 AM
Does anyone here enjoy male clothes?

I know its a bit of an odd question but the cliche goes that because you enjoy crossdressing you must automatically dislike male clothes.

I don't quite find that. They don't mean the same things to me but I like to dress well as a guy. Maybe its displacement. At one point I had 40 pairs of trousers and a great shoe collection.

I can enjoy a great sharp suit. I remember seeing Grayson Perry point to the "dandy" as a close relative of the crossdresser.

Mistybtm
04-24-2010, 03:50 AM
:battingeyelashes:I only wear mens clothes when i have to for work or if i have to go out. when i am home or as soon as i get home i am in womans clothes 24/7:battingeyelashes:

Veronica Nowakowski
04-24-2010, 04:24 AM
I do not. I've always been a t-shirt and jeans guy because I don't care for dressing up as a male at all. I suppose that's another reason pushing me towards this. But how is this from the left field?

Danielle Gee
04-24-2010, 04:27 AM
I work in a factory that requires me to wear a uniform, And at home I usually wear a shirt and Levi's (or a skirt & blouse). But I must admit, I enjoy the opportunity to wear a suit & tie on occasion.

Danielle

Phyliss
04-24-2010, 05:26 AM
When the situation warrants, I can polish my wingtips, and do a nice Windsor knot in my necktie and "clean up nice like". I still have one dress suit in my closet for those times. Nice three piece dark blue pinstripe. Just have to clean off the closet dust that ends up on the shoulders from lack of use.

Just because I crossdress doesn't mean I can't appreciate the looks of a nice suit when needed, fact is I can do a better job of wearing it now that I pay attention to details. Cuff links just so, tie centered and properly knotted, shoes shined brightly, creases in trousers at their sharpest, shirt tucked in well. Little things like that.

noeleena
04-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Hi.

Oh dear 40 pairs of, help . youd be pushing up a cliff for me to ever have more than two pairs let alone 40 . i totaly hated any mens clothes & even then i would cut them & make shorts, 50 damm years no thanks never again . & i only ever wore a tie 4 times 3 times at school & when Jos & i got married .& that was under protest . sorry the clothes that is , in the 70 s if you have ever worn a straight jacket thats what it was like for me .

...noeleena...

eluuzion
04-24-2010, 05:37 AM
When I was a corporate warrior, I had eight-gazillion grey and blue suits. Have only worn a suit a couple of times in the last 10 years. They are all in a closet now, just like me.

There were a couple of aspects I liked. One was wearing suspenders. The other was the paycheck that came with them.

I do not wear blazers. But generally speaking, I am a good sport. So I do have one "Good Sport Coat". :D

Crystal Alberta
04-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Personally, I enjoy looking good as a man or a woman. I rarely get the opportunity wear a suit or tie, but I do enjoy it from time to time, and I certainly appreciate more casual men's fashion.

Crystal

Girl
04-24-2010, 05:46 AM
I only wear male clothes if I'm in a situation where I have to. I don't enjoy it.

Female clothes are so much prettier!:battingeyelashes:

KatieEvans
04-24-2010, 05:49 AM
I dress quite trendy as a guy, and i will be dressing trendy as a girl too

lilmissjenny
04-24-2010, 06:59 AM
i HATE wearing ties and suits. as a guy i wear mostly jeans, tshirt and a backwards baseball hat and sneakers

Angiemead12
04-24-2010, 07:07 AM
i love wearing suits too, i do have many pairs that i rock!

Staci G
04-24-2010, 07:25 AM
If given the choice I would never wear mans clothes again. Some may say I have the choice but thats not always the case. I wear jeans tshirt because I have to dress the part. That part is not my best part, I change my personality when in a skirt and heels makeup ect... most that have seen me both ways say I am happier as Staci. SO that being said it is true clothes make the man or woman in my case.

Jennifer in CO
04-24-2010, 07:33 AM
when the house burned down, I lost my only suit and never replaced it. Don't ask me why or how the ties survived...must be they are akin to **** roaches...

Jenn

Freddy12
04-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Staci,
I have only seen you as a woman, and you were happy.

For me, while I certainly prefer women's clothes, I don't dislike men's clothes. I do REALLY like women's clothes better than men's. Maybe I would like to always wear women's clothes. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.

Angie G
04-24-2010, 07:34 AM
I could do without male clothes very well. And would like not to have the need for them.I'm just happiest being in girls clothing.:hugs:
Angie

Cheryl T
04-24-2010, 07:47 AM
No enjoyment there for me.
At work it's uniforms and at home it's my femme jeans and a t-shirt. If I have to I can morph male and look good, but my preference is for something soft and feminine.

bredalee25
04-24-2010, 08:07 AM
yuck!!!! can you say drab thats what I think of mens clothes. I wear womens clothes because it feels natural to me like i'm supposed to wear them.

My thoughts are the selection in the womens section is far superior to the mens section.

My wonderful wife on the other hand thinks just the oppisite of me.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
04-24-2010, 08:19 AM

I know its a bit of an odd question but the cliche goes that because you enjoy crossdressing you must automatically dislike male clothes.

I don't quite find that. They don't mean the same things to me but I like to dress well as a guy. Maybe its displacement. At one point I had 40 pairs of trousers and a great shoe collection.

I love clothes in general, both women's and men's. I think between the two genders there is however a disproportionate amount of exciting clothes to be found. By that I mean, at every level of dress from casual to absolute formal, there is something fun and interesting and individualized for women, where as for men, things tend to just be sort of bland across the board with some really dynamite stuff hovering around the edges.

The big thing for me these days, especially since losing a lot of weight and dropping several sizes is "Fitted" stuff. I find it very hard to really find a great selection of fitted clothing for men that isn't cost prohibitive for me to purchase. But when I do find stuff I can't deny that it looks amazing on me and that I feel great and confident when I wear it. I dream of one day having an actual honest to god tailored suit.

Nicole Brown
04-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Men's clothing, suites, ties, wingtips, oh yes, I remember that stuff. That is what I use to wear before I improved my way of life. I still have a couple of each of these items stuffed way in the back of my closet and used only when I must attend a business meeting as my former self.

Since I work from home most days, I have the opportunity to dress and present as I like. This also provides me with the chance to go out most days for lunch and shopping.

Recently, I have begun traveling on business trips en fem and only changing into drab mode when I need to attend a meeting. On one recent 4 day coast to coast trip, I spent a grand total of 7 hours en drab. What a wonderful time that was...

Jason+
04-24-2010, 09:04 AM
I love clothes in general, both women's and men's. I think between the two genders there is however a disproportionate amount of exciting clothes to be found.

The big thing for me these days, especially since losing a lot of weight and dropping several sizes is "Fitted" stuff. I find it very hard to really find a great selection of fitted clothing for men that isn't cost prohibitive for me to purchase.

The only thing I just positively hate about mens clothes is that anyone would try to restrict me to just them when as Ryan eloquently put it there is such a wider variety available in womens clothes.

Congratulations on the weight loss Ryan, when I make goal I can work on getting rid of some of those baggy unfitted t-shirts in favor or some fitted tops from either side of the house!

TxKimberly
04-24-2010, 09:28 AM
I'd have to be honest - male clothes do nothing at all for me. I wish they did, my wife sure as hell wishes they did, but they don't. :(

StephanieDragg
04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
I do not enjoy my male wardrobe much at all really, dress casual for work, slacks and shirt, I guess thats why we call it drab, I appreciate seeing sharply dressed men, but whenever I am shopping my mind is on my feminine wardrobe..:daydreaming: which can get me into trouble (see other post)

gabimartini
04-24-2010, 09:33 AM
I enjoy fashion, in whatever mode I'm in, boy or girl. So, yes I enjoy dressing up in male mode, too!

Tina B.
04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Always did like a suit and tie for special occasions, but in this town there is no place to wear one anymore. even the best of restaurants, more than slacks and a button down shirt, is over dressed.
I have always dressed fun in male or female clothes. In my time I have dressed as a Beatnik, a hippie, wore polyester pants suits and Players hats in the 70's Western suits, boots and cowboy hats in the 80's and back to being an old hippie for the 21'st century. So Yes I guess I like mens wear almost as much as I like womens wear.
Tina B.

Tora
04-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Could be the novelty has long gone. Suit and Tie, sport coat and tie used to be the norm. Business has gone too casual, for both genders. I enjoyed wearing a coat and tie, when the bride and I would go some place special.
I do remember wishing the bride and could dress the same for a night out.

I wish I had more time for femme.n

willowgurl
04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Even when I'm guy dressed I wear girls jeans, and panties

kimberly ann487
04-24-2010, 09:50 AM
I have to admit that in the past, read that as male mode, I could care less about what I wore. I beleive this stemed from my poor self image. However, once I embraced my feminine side, which gave me more incentive to improve my appearance, I looked better as a male as a result of my improved female looks. I have a ways to go but any improvement is due to crossdressing.

Toni_Lynn
04-24-2010, 10:31 AM

Absolutely! Especially when a GG is wearing them :daydreaming:, and that GG is my wife!

She looks sooooo HOT in Jockey Y-Fronts :)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

5150 Girl
04-24-2010, 10:49 AM
For my male cloths are a necaccry evil, if I could be a woman full time I would

Rianna Humble
04-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Sorry, I've never liked men's clothes to any extent. Might be because I always looked like a fat slob in a suit, so if I wore an expensive suit, I just looked like a fat slob in an expensive suit.

However, when I put on skirt & top or a dress, I feel like I don't look too bad. As others have said, there's also the much wider variety of choice.

Patty
04-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Shorts and tee's when in male mode

kellycan27
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I love my boys levi 501 button fly jeans, and my Harley Davidson sweatshirt, and motorcycle boots..... all boy stuff. Around the house I like to wear boxer shorts or one of my b/f's dress shirts....... add a cute belt and you have an instant dress..lol

SandraAbsent
04-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Ok I will have to admit that in either male mode or femme, I always enjoy looking good. The more and more I dress, it forced my grooming habits which as a side effect makes me look better as a guy. (if you think guys should be clean cut, high and tight). Given the option, I would dress femme 247, but in my life at the moment thats not even reasonable. However, when I am in male mode, I would say its far from "drab" I like most have hung the suite and tie in the closet because I don't need them for work anymore. However, I think most of us get caught in the "my choices are so limited" mode. This simply isn't true. Has anyone here worn draw string linen pants in the summer? OMG especially when my legs are shaved I almost feel like I'm dressed femme. There is also the choice of shirts. It doesn't have to be all white, brown. and black and there are tons of choices for patterns. To add a little flare to your day, try a nice sweater vest. Anyhow your really not that limited and its all what we make it.

Now I do have a problem lately in that I have more fun shopping for Sandra. Even today my conscious got the better half of me so I bought some new polo pants for him, and a new dress for her. She cant spend all his money ya know!

Joann Smith
04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I think of all my male clothes as a uniform that i have to wear....only wear them when when i am expected to.....

Joann

mapletree
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
I dress more hrs in my male clothes way more
I also would like to dress as pretty as a woman as I can and am working on this each day--

sissystephanie
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I love wearing women's clothing, from the skin out! That said, I am a man and I also love men's clothing! I own numerous suits, sport coats slacks, and two Tuxedo's! Two of my suits and one of my Tuxes were hand tailored! Now that I am semi retired I don't wear that style of clothing as often as I used to. As I have said in the past, I love the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing. But I have no desire to be a woman, so I wear men's clothing more often!

lee in a skirt
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM
I like some males clothes but I wouldnt say that I enjoyed them

Frédérique
04-24-2010, 01:59 PM

Oh, I absolutely adore male clothing, which may explain why I crossdress to distance myself from the drabness of it all! :doh: There are a FEW things I like, however…

Button-down shirts or tab-collar shirts…
Knickers (NOT underwear, the other definition of the word)…
Any male hat that’s not a feed cap, helmet, or related to religion…
Male sweaters (other males will immediately label you as one thing or another)…
Ascots – no, not a cot for a little donkey, the neckwear (artistic & continental)…
You know, Hitler was wearing a nice suit on TV the other night – very sharp looking…:heehee:
Ties are nice, but they look better on females, IMHO…
I love kilts, male by providence, as long as they are worn properly. I see them increasingly as skirts, though, for reasons of gender-queerness...

Toni_Lynn
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh -- in my haste I forgot to mention that there IS one article of male clothing that I LOVE to wear. My kilt!

Wear it to some functions at church, to go grocery shopping, wore it to the Rock'n'Roll of Fame two weeks ago, and will wear it to the theatre tomorrow.

I own two and my wife said that I can get a third. Plan to wear it on our 2nd honeymoon

I'm totally in boy-mode and my kilt thumbs its nose at society and to those who say 'girl can wear pants but boys can't wear skirts!'

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

CharlotteCD
04-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't particularly care for male or female clothes at the moment but that is because the weight I have put on this year through illness just makes me feel sick when I see myself in the mirror.

brassieres
04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Truth be told, men's clothes are probably both more comfortable and practical.

Presh GG
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Would those who rock mens clothes please have a word with my dear husband , Tea ?

She's beautiful to the last detail in girl mode, But guy mode is so ignored. I [ read WE ] buy both gender clothes for her /him. But everyday it's throw on ill-fit jeans and waffle-shirt.

Tea Dear, if you read this, I love a button down shirt and I don't mind the ironing! They're in your closet hun, next to your blouses.

Love,
your wife :hugs:

I'll wear fewer sweatshirts too if you want me to.

SusanMarie
04-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Male clothes, did someone mention male clothes :bigsmack: don't do that without a warning.

t-girlxsophie
04-24-2010, 07:13 PM
I dont hate male clothes as such,wore them regularly for about 34 years:D,always my soccer shirt and denims,my ex moaned about that being all I wore,she shouldve been pleased I expanded my wardrobe :heehee:

I just love coming home now,ditching my works uniform and getting into something pretty and colourful for the day,seems so right.Mind you still got my good Suit all clean n pressed,My wife says thats the sexiest look for me when am in guy mode.
Mind you she thinks I look nice in a fitted skirt suit and silk blouse too :) even better :daydreaming:

ps Toni nice one wearing the Kilt

DonniDarkness
04-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Belts and Belt buckles! luv em,
skater shoes!
levis boot cuts
Bowling shirts
"hawain beach" button up shirts
Combat boots military and Dr Marrtens
crew socks (cant make myself wear the new ankle style)

And my favorite guy item is my mechanics jeans, just some really good fitting, old, torn up, oil stained levis, that ive worn since they were new