PDA

View Full Version : Small Steps

Jason+
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
At first I thought I should post in the out and about section but then I read the rules and realized that while it was a step for me it didn't quite make the out and about set yet. :)

If I'm dressed when the delivery people show up I generally don't bother to change or have the family answer if for me, and if they are polite about it they leave with a good tip.

Today I was dressed this way: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130879 (I'd post the picture here but earlier this morning I had already posted in the pictures section.)

The Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on the door and I decided to just answer it and see what they had to say. A grandmotherly lady was at the bottom of the steps while another woman I think was her daughter or maybe grand daughter was at the door. At first glance they seemed to be a bit taken aback but politely greeted me and asked my name. After telling them they both introduced themselves and explained that they were here to drop off a couple of their magazines for some information about their church.

I listened to what they had to day and we chatted for a few minutes before I took their magazines. They both thanked me for listening and said good bye with genuine looking smiles. I guess I will have to watch and see if they return another time or not.

For some that may be a small step but for me it's a small step in the direction I want to be moving.

Sheila
04-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Wow, well done Jason :), you must feel good about being able to stand on your own doorstep and talk while dressed ............ way to go :hugs:

Amanda Stubbs
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Well done! You soon be walking the malls!

Sandra
04-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Jason hun all those small steps lead to bigger ones...you were just being yourself in your own home...good for you :hugs:

PretzelGirl
04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
That is a big step to me. Takes some self-acceptance to present as yourself at your own home and be seen. That is great Jason, kudos to you!

Oh, so did you tip them? :heehee:

Midnight Skye
04-25-2010, 09:40 AM
That's a very cool story story Jason. I haven't had to really answer the door for anyone enfem yet (oddly enough). We're out in the country though... and I'm not home during the day.

Jason+
04-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Thank you all for the kind words.

Oh, so did you tip them? :heehee:

I am sure I gave them more than they bargained for but they weren't seeking donations. :D

Joanne f
04-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Small steps quite often end up taking you further and one big one , well done Jason