PDA

View Full Version : Looking for others in area

erin_nicole0112
04-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi all. I haven't posted in some time. In fact, the last time I posted I was talking of starting low dose hormones to try and change years of fighting my true feelings and charging headstrong into the macho world. Since those postings I have teetered back and forth. I again tried to push away the fem thoughts and will myself to get beyond it. Just like every other time since my childhood, those feelings returned. I'm hoping there are others in my area that I could reach out to. I'm currently living in southeastern North Carolina. Thanks so much.

Melissa A.
04-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Not in your area, but this site is always here and filled with people eager to give back what they've recieved in the past, from others. You only have to ask. If you are anywhere near a metropolitan area, I'm sure a transgender support group, or at the very least, an LGBT center exists, somewhere. Check into it.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

lisa marseau
05-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Charlotte area. pm me. I am a mess too. misery loves company.

luvSophia
05-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Erin, these are likely a long way from you, but I know there is a support group in Roanoke, VA and another in Richmond.

Jorja
05-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I am not in your area but I am here. Part of understanding is simply talking about it. I do have a question for you. Why fight your feelings? It is your body telling you that there is a problem that needs to be corrected. If you had a cut on your hand and it got infected you would not ignore it (at least I hope you wouldn't). This is the same thing. Your body telling you something is wrong and needs to be tended to.

Jorja

LaurenS.
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi Erin,
I was in your situation but have now been on low dose hormones for a year with great results. My life is sooo much better now. Willing it away is just going to ad to your torment.
Lauren

Traci Elizabeth
05-04-2010, 01:00 AM
The Carolina Transgender Society (CTS) meets in Charlotte every month and has a large following.

Midnight Skye
05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Wish Charlotte was closer. I work in the Raleigh/Durham area Erin. Not sure how far you are from there.

taylor027
06-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info Traci

Kiera79
06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi Erin I am in the boro and also am in your boat. And thanks Traci for that info on the CTS I am going to contact them and see when and where the july meeting will be.