PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't even trying

DonnaWanna
04-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Yesterday my wife and I were doing a little shopping. Besides having on hoop earings, I was dressed in my normal (boy) clothes.
I was pushing the shopping cart. I let a lady go ahead of me and she said,
"Thank you Ma'am".
I didn't say anything , just let her go by me.
I guess my long hair and earings looked more feminine that I thought.
The thing about it that got me to thinking was that last week, me, my wife, her daughter and friend were in church. Again with earings and my normal clothes on, a woman came up from behind us and asked " How are you ladys doing?"
We just laughed it off.
My wife just looked at me and said, "You love it and you know it."

I agree because she is absolutely right,
Donna

PS, While we were shopping I got a cute outfit for the dignity cruise.

Karren H
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah!! Maybe I'm trying too hard!!! Today at the gas station I held the door for this eldery gentleman and he said "Thank you Sir". Even old guys think I'm old.. And a guy! Sigh....

Loni
04-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah!! Maybe I'm trying too hard!!! Today at the gas station I held the door for this eldery gentleman and he said "Thank you Sir". Even old guys think I'm old.. And a guy! Sigh....

maybe his eye sight is just bad....or because you were waring a pair of...:eek:....jeans??? ha ha ha

jenna_woods
04-25-2010, 12:41 PM
wow luckey girl

RockerTerri
04-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Hehe, I get called ma'am or referred to in the feminine all the time anymore, even on the rare occasion I just throw on a T-shirt and jeans and run out the door. OFC, GGs do this all the time, and get called ma'am, well...always.

Pretty good sign things are heading the right way.

Karen Smith
04-25-2010, 01:48 PM
this has happened to me too a couple times, here and there over the years. thrilling but a little surprising too, if you aren't ready for it.

Freddy12
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
This has never happened to me. Having heard your great experience, it gives me some hope that it might happen someday.

Count yourself lucky, or perhaps a more natural girl than you ever realized.

RADER
04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah!! Maybe I'm trying too hard!!! Today at the gas station I held the door for this elderly gentleman and he said "Thank you Sir". Even old guys think I'm old.. And a guy! Sigh....

He was most likely in the Military. There you learn to call every one Sir;
Besides it still polite, I know I do. :) Rader