PDA

View Full Version : not my clothes!

DonniDarkness
04-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Last night i was reading in our room, its was late and my wife had come home. we talked for a bit, and i lit some candles as we got romantic....the candle on top of my dresser melted down and the wax rolled over into my "intimates" drawer and proceeded to fuse some of my favorite stuff together in lavender....i was so upset this morning, my wife was great tho, she helped me de-wax what we could. She giggled at me for being so upset about my stuff getting ruined, wiped my tears away and said "baby its just clothes ill buy you some more"....which i dont know if its just me but she couldnt have said anything more guyish at that time. Thing is tho i alter almost all of my clothes, this i put alot of time and effort into to get that "perfect" fit for me. i dont want new ones, i want my old stuff not ruined......pant pant pant...ok i feel better now
thx for listening girls

Really Girl Mad,
-Donni-

Lexine
04-25-2010, 11:02 AM
The words your SO shared with you after having that tragic event happen to you are so sweet! You're quite lucky to have someone who's so understanding!

Samantha_Smile
04-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Well why not think yourself lucky that your SO is one of the understanding ones.
I count myself lucky every day that Ive got one, I'd be thrilled at the idea of going shopping for some new delicates with my fiance.

And hey, no point crying over spilt wax :)

Amanda Stubbs
04-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Your lucky with such a wife and surely you can save the clothes after all it's only wax!

Sarah_GG
04-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Lay some newspaper on the ironing board.
Put the garments on the newspaper.
Put some newspaper on top of the garments.
Iron the newspaper.
The newspaper will absorb the candle wax.

Good luck!

JenniferR771
04-25-2010, 02:42 PM
So sad--and so sweet of her. Put the garments in the freezer. The wax gets hard--brittle as glass. Break it away as best you can.
Then, put some water to boil in a stew pot on the stove. Add detergent ("All") is excellent according to Consumer Reports). This really hot water will probably remove the rest. Swish up and down with tongs.

Feel free to use some nail polish remover or acetone if required.

DonniDarkness
04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Iron the newspaper.

Good luck!

zomg it worked!! (jumps up and down skreiking)
Thank you SarahGG!!!!
i cant iron the faux vinyl so im trying jens freezertrick on those

feeling better,

-Donni-

Christinedreamer
04-25-2010, 04:46 PM
If you take a can of computer duster and turn it upside down it will spray a mist of about -120 degrees. This will instantly freeze chewing gum, wax, etc. and you wont have to stuff the outfit in a freezer which may prove a tricky thing to do anyway- from several standpoints.

On a saftey note, please be sure there is a metal or non flammable dish under the candle that can safely hold ALL melted wax and a possibly still lit wick!

Lacyfem
04-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Bottom line is you have a lovely understanding wife which is something many of us would love to have....

eluuzion
04-26-2010, 08:23 AM
I have learned to admit that I am just not responsible enough to be trusted doing certain things.

-having real candles burning in my house.
-leave the room with anything on the stove.
-leave the bathroom with water running.
-owning a real (expensive) pair of glasses (I ruin 1pr/week
-get any piece of mail into a mailbox in less than 1 week
-make it to any store with my list or a coupon
-wear light colored anything without ruining it
-send any gift to arrive on time, or return any rental on time.

Sarah_GG
04-26-2010, 08:31 AM
zomg it worked!! (jumps up and down skreiking)
Thank you SarahGG!!!!
i cant iron the faux vinyl so im trying jens freezertrick on those

feeling better,

-Donni-

Yay! Good luck with it... :hugs:

Karren H
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Sounds like a great excuse to go shopping to me!!

RADER
04-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a great excuse to go shopping to me!!

I second that motion, All in favor..... Charge It.:D Rader

Amanda Stubbs
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Iron the newspaper.

Good luck!

Exactly the method I'd of used taught to me by my mum, except I use those absorbing kitchen towels as on lighter coloured garnments newspapers could also leave print smudge. Anyway glad the disaster was averted!

sherri52
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Donni sounds like wer'e having role reversal issues.

msniki48
04-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I have learned to admit that I am just not responsible enough to be trusted doing certain things.

-having real candles burning in my house.
-leave the room with anything on the stove.
-leave the bathroom with water running.
-owning a real (expensive) pair of glasses (I ruin 1pr/week
-get any piece of mail into a mailbox in less than 1 week
-make it to any store with my list or a coupon
-wear light colored anything without ruining it
-send any gift to arrive on time, or return any rental on time.

:doh::doh::doh: What she said!!!!!:heehee:

Ps: you have a wonderful wife!:hugs:

DonniDarkness
04-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Donni sounds like wer'e having role reversal issues.
Yeah, its called crappy house husband....felt like i shoulda known these tricks. :brolleyes: Seeing my lady stuff ruined broke my heart tho

Well thanks to you ladies i got all of it off, except two pair of my boyshorts where the oil in the blue wax stained the fabric...so almost a complete success!!

BTW jen i put the vinyl in the freezer(in a grocery bag) overnight and the wax busted off like glass and the rest of the residue i got off with some mild cleaner:love:

Midnight Skye
04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Where the heck do you girls learn this stuff?! My mother seriously skipped some life lessons! I don't think even my wife knows how to do this kind of crazy stuff. Glad the girls advice was able to save most everything Donni! And three cheers to cool wives!