PDA

View Full Version : Couples w/CD as social friends?

BRANDYJ
04-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I had often wondered what it would be like to have another Cd friend that is married or has an So to become close friends with to do things together. Even if that was to just visit each other's homes and play cards, watch a movie or play a board game. Sort of what like many other couples do.

It would be nice to have a CD friend that also likes to play golf, fish or just go for a beer as two guys from time to time. It would also be nice to have another GG that knows me as both a Cd and as a man and likes me in both or either mode just as she does her husband or SO.
Be nice to dress and visit another Cd and his wife for simple socializing in a private home like many couples do.

I wonder how common it is? Or do we just socialize at venues for us that cross dress? :daydreaming:

mapletree
04-26-2010, 02:46 PM
wow that would be great just great

Sheila
04-26-2010, 02:52 PM
it is great, Debs and I are lucky in that we have become like family with two of our members here, and while the initial relationship was obviously based on the TG comminality, we have transcended that into a real friendship, we are also friends with other members on here and have socialized with them in our home and also mainstream pubs and restaurants. There is also another couple from here whom Debs and I have visited in their home twice :)

Are we lucky, yup we are, in our choice of friends :)

BRANDYJ
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
wow that would be great just great

Yes it would. I often wondered what it would be like if one of my male friends that I have done guy things with was also a CD and we socialized both in male mode and in fem mode. Think of one of your best friends...What if he was into dressing and that brought you even closer as friends. Another words, why do we have to have two different sets of friends?

Now add the wives and I think it would be the best friendship we could have.

Now why does that not surprise me Sheila? From reading all your posts, I have grown fond of you and your thinking. I bet you and Debs would be a great couple to do things with. I'd love to find local couples that want the same thing. :daydreaming:

it is great, Debs and I are lucky in that we have become like family with two of our members here, and while the initial relationship was obviously based on the TG comminality, we have transcended that into a real friendship, we are also friends with other members on here and have socialized with them in our home and also mainstream pubs and restaurants. There is also another couple from here whom Debs and I have visited in their home twice :)

Are we lucky, yup we are, in our choice of friends :)

Persephone
04-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Sounds perfect, Brandy, and a lot better than hanging out in bars and stuff!

Personally, while I have several good friends who accept me, they tend to almost all be women. I have one CD friend that I feel very comfortable with, but, alas, we don't have as many chances to get together as we might like. And we've never been with each other en drab -- not sure we'd want to be.

Well, there is a possible aside to all of this -- we're beginning to explore places to retire to and while it isn't our current #1 possibility, your area is "on our radar," so who knows? We might end up getting together! (That could be a trifecta - knowing someone en femme, en drab, and in the virtual world)!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sandy Banks
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I've wondered too........yes, it would be nice.......:daydreaming:

BRANDYJ
04-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds perfect, Brandy, and a lot better than hanging out in bars and stuff!

Personally, while I have several good friends who accept me, they tend to almost all be women. I have one CD friend that I feel very comfortable with, but, alas, we don't have as many chances to get together as we might like. And we've never been with each other en drab -- not sure we'd want to be.

Well, there is a possible aside to all of this -- we're beginning to explore places to retire to and while it isn't our current #1 possibility, your area is "on our radar," so who knows? We might end up getting together! (That could be a trifecta - knowing someone en femme, en drab, and in the virtual world)!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Well I think if 2 CD's are truly friends, they would want to know each other in both modes. Of course we may end up liking them in one mode over the other! lol

You are right, a nice trifecta. now add the wives or SO's that really enjoy each other as friends would be just perfect!

msniki48
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I had often wondered what it would be like to have another Cd friend that is married or has an So to become close friends with to do things together. Even if that was to just visit each other's homes and play cards, watch a movie or play a board game. Sort of what like many other couples do.

It would be nice to have a CD friend that also likes to play golf, fish or just go for a beer as two guys from time to time. It would also be nice to have another GG that knows me as both a Cd and as a man and likes me in both or either mode just as she does her husband or SO.
Be nice to dress and visit another Cd and his wife for simple socializing in a private home like many couples do.

I wonder how common it is? Or do we just socialize at venues for us that cross dress? :daydreaming:

OK Brandy! Karen and I are comin down....CYA next tuesday.:heehee:

just kidding, but what you say is true it would be fun. I meet some of the girls at a support group i attend, and some take their SO's...unfortunately, i don't go out much,[various reasons] but if i did...i would love to go with another couple.

good thread Brandy:hugs:

BRANDYJ
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
OK Brandy! Karen and I are comin down....CYA next tuesday.:heehee:

just kidding, but what you say is true it would be fun. I meet some of the girls at a support group i attend, and some take their SO's...unfortunately, i don't go out much,[various reasons] but if i did...i would love to go with another couple.

good thread Brandy:hugs:

I know you were kidding! But since you are in Jersey, it's best to wait until winter cold with ice, sleet, snow and grey skies. That's when you want to be here in Florida. It should be nice in Jersey about now.

Stephanie Miller
04-26-2010, 07:39 PM
I have been associated with our local chapter of Tri Ess for almost a decade and I have met some wonderful couples that my wife and I both do things with. I really doubt that I would have met them without the club. Some have strayed away from the club, but our friendship continues. We go to dinner, camping, tennis etc. We've even gone on trips to Las Vegas together. Most of the time it's as drab couples but sometimes we mix it up, (keep thoughts clean here :raisedeyebrow: ), and make it a girls night out.
Maybe you could find such a club in your area?

sherri52
04-26-2010, 07:41 PM
That would be great. I could do it now except that I don't have an SO now. When I was married both of my wives were unaccepting so I didn't bother looking for that couple.

dilane
04-26-2010, 08:10 PM
My wife and I have been friends with two couples. One of the couples was just so much fun, we laughed and laughed together. Alas, both got divorced. One hubby went all snooty TS (I don't associate with mere TG's anymore), and one just kind of flaked out.

Funny, just like Persephone, I have a new CD friend I like a lot, but we don't get together much :) And she's married to a supportive spouse, to boot.

PretzelGirl
04-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I think it would be fun, drab or otherwise. Just the companionship. There are a lot of factors that do come into play. Is one closeted enough that the SO doesn't know or want to participate? I know I see a lot of people at Tri-Ess meetings who live "the other way" from the meeting place making get togethers a tougher task.

But I feel once we are out of the closet at least a little, we are a social bunch. In general it seems that members here would like to meet others rather than just chat here and that is it. So it does seem it is more a matter of time and convenience.

Kerigirl2009
04-27-2010, 01:44 AM
This is my quest to find a friend to just hang out with and socialize weather it is as a man or a woman Either way I will always be a crossdresser.
I just want to be around people that like me for me - All of me. :)

t-girlxsophie
04-27-2010, 02:06 AM
My Friends who are CDers have alas,non supportive SOs so am afraid we dont get that chance,yet to associate as couples,though they and my Wife get on great

But have corresponded with a couple online,so maybe that can develop into a real Friendship.Us CDers both dress most of the time,doesn't mean to say we wont get the chance to do activitys as couples,not linked to the Crossdressing alone

audreyinalbany
04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
This has been a recurrent fantasy for me. I'm out to a couple who are friends of ours, but, my wife is not accepting of my dressing, and the wife of the other couple wants to respect my wife's feelings. She thinks that spending time with me in femme mode would somehow be a betrayal of her friendship with my wife. So I've got sort of a conumdrum here.

PretzelGirl
04-27-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't think you do Audrey. It seems clear to me that you don't dress in front of your friend. There really doesn't seem to be an option.

Presh GG
04-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Brandy,
Some tg social groups have spin-off get togethers for couples only.

I hope you find a great one near you.
Best wishes,
Presh GG