PDA

View Full Version : GGs & C/Ds

joandher
04-26-2010, 05:03 PM
After reading hundreds of posts on this great site, it might just be me ,but younger GGs seem to be more excepting of cross dressing than males of any age,
I would have thought that the female side would have thought it an evasion of there sexuality

any thoughts or experiances

:hugs: J-JAY

Sheila
04-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Well I am an older GG, 52 to be exact and feel no threat whatsoever to my femininity OR sexuality (different things), either from a TG or another GG, but there again I have spent years knowing who I am, and in general I kinda like me :)

Karren H
04-26-2010, 05:55 PM
From what I've seen.. In real life. Younger women are just as unaccepting as older women... And men... Old or young...

Christina2008
04-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Although most people don't know about Christina, when at work I can joke about wearing woman's clothes ( to test the water) and over the years it has always been more accepting. Even though it maybe be thought of as a joke it's still not such a taboo subject as I would have though . So maybe it is becoming more accepted in general these days.
The woman who sits next to me at work ( a kind of motherly figure) in a joking conversations said she had nothing against guys who dress as girls and thought I would make a good girl. If only she knew.

kellycan27
04-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Don't forget to take into account that a of of the gg's on this site have a vested interest whether older or younger.

Elizabeth 66
04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I think Christina is exactly right.

Peoples sexuality less of an issue these days, and as most people see Cross dressing as a sexual issue they are willing to accept it more, of course there are always the ones that say they don't mind as long as its not in their neighbourhood. but if you think it is the younger generation that accepts that would be because society has been more tolerant in there lifetime so it is more the norm to be accepting of people who are different to them.

sherri52
04-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I find that women in general are more accepting than men. Only a guess but I think they see the we are trying to get hold of our fem side. Men look at it as a weakness.

msniki48
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
but if you think it is the younger generation that accepts that would be because society has been more tolerant in there lifetime so it is more the norm to be accepting of people who are different to them.

I agree about the younger generation being more tolerant...i found that out with my daughter when my wife tried to out me in a less than positive manner to my daughter....it seems she knew more about transgender than my wife....they are descensitized in comparison to past generations.

Guys on the other hand... a little less sympathetic. there still is the feeling that being a girl is somehow being less than a man. thank God girls are proving them wrong on a daily basis. women are not threatened by us...some men are. God if they get caught hanging out with a CDer....hmmmm think of the talk....:eek:

dilane
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Don't forget to take into account that a of of the gg's on this site have a vested interest whether older or younger.

Hmm, a vested interest? I've got to think about that one :)

I've had a couple of 40+ friends who've had good success finding girlfriends (one got married to her) on dating services and who disclosed up front.

Nicole Erin
04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Women in general are not as insecure about their femininity as guys are about their masculinity. The male ego is very fragile

linnea
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
In my experience and in what I have read about the subject, I find that GGs are very accepting (less so with spouses if there is a desire to transition MtoF). Younger GGs seem to be especially accepting. Men seem to have more difficulty accepting crossdressing and more so transgenderism.
However, younger people of either sex seem to be much more accepting as a general rule.

stefanie
04-26-2010, 09:57 PM
i agree...i have met younger girls while dressed or in discussion and well, its like 'no big deal' to them. In some ways, the feedback is sometimes more interested and exciting. Something different.

on the other hand, if it was their boyfriend or husband, then i think the reaction may be similar to any other we often hear....its probably less to do with dislike as much as dishonesty or surprise.

IMkrystal
04-26-2010, 10:31 PM
The consensus seems to be those younger females are more accepting, which is great news! Can any younger female tell me the reason why this change in acceptance? :daydreaming:

I understand the comment about "vested interest" because most GGs on here have SOs who are exploring transgenderism. It would be interesting to know how many females come on here just for their curiosity or interest.:hugs:

t-girlxsophie
04-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Can only relate from the point of view of my workmates who are only ones,outside of some family who know I dress,I haven't noticed any disparity between Older and Younger GGs,Indeed I have had nice Conversations with old and young,as recent as last night was working with my Friend,she's in her late 30s we chatted like two girl pals, talking about fashion,makeup,relationships etc I think the fact they know me as a person first and foremost helps too

Most Guys as was stated earlier,are not Secure enough with themselves to want to know anything about It,they happy to know you as their mate and want to dig no deeper.Ignorance is Bliss with them I think

Elizabeth 66
04-27-2010, 03:20 AM
growing up and being conditioned as a man, we all know that anything that is not powered by testosterone is not normal in a man. to show feelings to others leaves yourself open, to show emotions leaves yourself as weak, if you have a gay friend that means your probably gay or thinking about it, if you befriend a TS, TG or CD then you run the risk of your friends thinking you are too.

If you take a GG, she shows her feelings and emotions, its part of being a woman, if she has a gay friend no one bats an eyelid, if she has a TS, TG or CD friend, well what does it matter she is already a girl!

So in short in society it is easier for a GG to show acceptance because there is no threat from people miss judging her and we are not really much of a threat to her.

That's just my :2c: