PDA

View Full Version : Pierced my ears

Paulette
04-27-2010, 01:52 AM
What a rush of emotion that flowed when Julia pierced both of my ears tonight. I never would have thought that I would cry like a baby but I did. i was having a regular electrolysis appointment when Freddie (Julia's husband and a Tg him self) said you should get your ears pierced, and the next thing I am saying lets do it. Julia measured very carefully and then did it. Now I was expecting some pain but after having just went through over an hour with the electric juice the piercing was nothing.

Now that I canlook in the mirror and see the shinning starter earrings I am again stunned at the feelings I am having. i cannot wait until I can shop for french wire ear rings. Watch out this might be a genie out of the bottle type thing.

Barbara Jo
04-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Congrats! :)

No, it doesn't hurt a bit. Little children get their ears pierced in some cultures.

Now, go and get some real earings.:D

Persephone
04-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Congratulations Paulette! Enjoy!

Loni
04-27-2010, 02:34 AM
before you go out and buy some earrings...get a rack or four to hold them all.
and yes just like all those out there that collect shoes you will collect a large number of earrings, rings, necklaces, etc.

have fun and try to not spend the rent moneys. :eek:

Freddy12
04-27-2010, 03:02 AM
A big congratulations! This is a big step as you walk down the road. None of us are sure where our road leads, but you have made a courageous step down your road. There are many more to come! Many of us have not taken this step - me included!

Sheila
04-27-2010, 03:07 AM
nothing to stop you shopping/window shopping while your ears are healing :D:D

amandag
04-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Congratulations! You will have a lot of joy and excitement wearing the styles available including studs and long dangles.

Amanda

NatashaCD
04-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Well done Paulette i had my ears done just 4 weeks ago only 2 more weeks to go and i can break free into the dangly's but i might leave it an extra 1 or 2 weeks just to be sure their healed properly goodluck with yours hope you have fun

Teri Jean
04-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Paulette,
Congrats and welcome to the fun of earrings and fem time whenever you want.
Hugs Teri

tamarav
04-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Get real girls, get those ears pierced!!

I made a conscious effort over the past month to look at every persons ears when they came into the salon. One of the salons I work is close to a courthouse and has many attornies and judges getting their hair done there also, so the whole contingent of people is represented.

It seemed that about 80% of the men had at least one piercing, many had multiples. I am not counting the younger guys that have expansion holes or nose and septum piercings, just the average middle aged guys.

Nobody really cares what you do to yourself, they may have thoughts but who cares? Get them pierced, as many or as few as you want and enjoy them now. Quit dreaming and hoping of how cute you could look and feel with those dangling earrings. Just do it.

As my wife says, "Just man up and get it done and quit worrying about what others may think".

Michelle 51
04-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Good for you girl.Nothing compares to having the real thing.When i'm home i always have earrings in.

AKAMichelle
04-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Too late - Genie already out. You will love the choices of earrings that you soon will be able to wear. Just let your ears heal correctly first - don't push it.

Congratulations

Laura Evans
04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Congratulations, Paulette, you will enjoy your choice of earrings from now on.

sherri52
04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Paulette: your world of selection at least for your ears has just opened up.

Gretchenivy
04-27-2010, 08:22 PM
i've always wanted to, of course. but, i've hesitated for not wanting someone to take too strong a notice of my very obvious femme side. or, that it's not professional at work.

but, you've all inspired me. i think i'll make it happen. i need to. i'm dying to.

question: if i'm sometimes to go without something in the holes once in a while (so it's not noticed), how long do i have before they close up? i mean, can i wear ear rings or posts sometimes but not always?

gretchen

Jessy
04-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Nobody really cares what you do to yourself, they may have thoughts but who cares?
I wish that were true. In my area, both schools and the majority of companies have rules that forbid men to wear earrings at work. Glad I have my ears pierced already. Still, it's a problem if I want more, can't keep them in to heal.

Coincidence that those rules are always made by women...? :raisedeyebrow:

Rachel Morley
04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Yay for you Paulette! ... I've already had both my ears pierced for many years now but I can still remember how good it felt when I could wear earrings "just like girls do" :D

Btw... I am going to have some electrolysis too. I spoke to Julia about it at the last River City Gems social (http://www.rivercitygems.org/events.html#maysocial). I just haven't gotten round to making an appointment with her yet. :)

NathalieX66
04-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Congratulations! Yay!
Nothing will make you feel more like a girl than a pair of pierced ears.

ringedjohn
04-28-2010, 08:25 AM
i've always wanted to, of course. but, i've hesitated for not wanting someone to take too strong a notice of my very obvious femme side. or, that it's not professional at work.

but, you've all inspired me. i think i'll make it happen. i need to. i'm dying to.

question: if i'm sometimes to go without something in the holes once in a while (so it's not noticed), how long do i have before they close up? i mean, can i wear ear rings or posts sometimes but not always?

gretchen

I have had pierced ears for getting on 50 years. I started with one piercing in my left ear lobe and over time added more. I now have 3 fully healed, permanent piercings in each ear.

Once they are properly healed the holes will not close up if you leave earrings out for a week or two. I wear a stud 24/7 in that original piercing. I put a stud into the other holes every couple of weeks just to make sure the holes stay open. I do not normally wear a stud in my pierced nostril - but I make sure that that hole does not close up either.

JazmyneCD
04-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Congrats, girl!

I got mine done about 6 months ago for a few reasons:

- I'm now 41 and never did anything "crazy" in my life. I'm a pretty normal person when you get down to it.

- After losing a lot of weight, I decided that I wanted to alter my image just a bit so I grew a goatee (and no, it doesn't look good dressed up but I still love to wear women's clothes!). I figured that this would add one more thing to my new look.

- My wife said she had tried to get me to do it years ago, which I don't remember at all, so I went ahead and did it.

Yes, it does sting for a bit but I don't even know I have them in today. And once I shave off the goatee, I can really go to town and look very femme with some sparkly earrings ;)

caguy1989
05-02-2010, 01:22 AM
I recently pierced my ears as well. Only one more week until they're "healed" because I have to wait 6 weeks apparently. But I'm going to be cautious and wait the whole time because I don't want to mess anything up :). I cannot wait until I can wear different ear rings especially the long gorgeous feminine ones!

-Gina

Lover girl
05-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Congrats Paulette. That will open doors for new styles.
I have a question for anyone that has experiance in this area. I want to get my ears pierced but like it was said already, I work in a place that won't like the piercings. So here's the question. When I get them pierced and while they are healing. Can I remove them before I go to work and put them back in after work? Will anyone at work notice that they were pierced after it's done? Or should I wait until I take a two week vacation from work to have them done? Somehow I need to do this but it's not worth loosing a job over!! Please send your thoughts. And to Paulette hopefully I'm right behind you!!!!

Alberta_Pat
05-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I am a trucker by day.

I had my ears pierced last November, and showed up at work a couple of days later. I think I got comments from 4 or 5 people. Nothing negative, just the question: "Why?"

The answer was a simple smile, and the questioners offered their own answers. Nothing touched on femininity in any way.

I did have one management type reach out to touch them, but the piercing was less than a week old, so a quick head bob to prevent the contact was in order.

I have been wearing nail polish to work for a couple of years now. Toes brilliantly coloured, but the fingers are always clear or sheer pink.

If anyone comments on that (no one has yet, at least at work), I have a ready excuse; I have run both thumbs into the blade on the table saw in the past, and the thumb nails tend to bulge and break over the nail bed. The polish is to keep the mails "sealed" to prevent any infections. "Doctors orders" ;)

I did have the recptionist at the dentists office ask me how I got my nails to shine so nicely a month ago. My response was that I buffed them with a "dremel".

Alaceann
05-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Hope to someday but can't right now. The job doesn't allow earrings on the job even the gg's have to take them out.

PretzelGirl
05-02-2010, 09:16 AM
So here's the question. When I get them pierced and while they are healing. Can I remove them before I go to work and put them back in after work? Will anyone at work notice that they were pierced after it's done? Or should I wait until I take a two week vacation from work to have them done?

You really shouldn't be pulling them out and putting them back in while you are in the initial healing period (usually 6 weeks). Once they are in, they need to stay in. And you definately shouldn't be going through the length of a work day with nothing inserted. So even a two week vacation won't do. If you successfully got pierced and let it heal properly, you will have small holes in your lobes, so it is possible it will get noticed. I think most won't as they won't stick out much at all.

As much as I recommend getting your ears pierced to all of us, if you feel you can't do it, then stick to clip-ons. I feel that times have changed enough that most of us can get piercings. But some still can't and only you can judge that.

caguy1989
05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I agree with Sue, times have changed. Many males are now getting their ears pierced. When I am in my boy mode, I have black studs that are "manly" but whenever I dress up, I plan on wearing dangly feminine ones. But back to my point, nobody really cares anymore in today's society and that's honestly something that is needed. Plus, if people give you gripe, don't let it get to you. It's your own body and you make the decisions for it. Don't care what other people have to say because most of the time their 2 cents isn't worth the money.

-Gina

Annaliese2010
05-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Cool to see you so enjoy yourself Paulette. I can't afford to be so open and visible as would pierced ear lobes thus advertise something wild and unconventional bout me. Actually...not sure I would do it even if that weren't the case 'cause I'm not so 100% 24/7 into the femme side of me. So its clip-on earrings for me girl. However I'm happy for you as you can now wear ear jewelry that is more elegant and refined. Sweet...

Stacy L
05-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Congratulations Paulette, now when you go shopping you will have a larger selection of earrings to choose from.

When I had my ears pierced many years ago I also purchased several packages of Pierced Ear Protectors and a bottle of alcohol.
Not the drinking kind. :drink:

Pierced ear protectors are very thin little clear plastic tubes that are placed over the post of the earrings for people that are allergic to some metals.
They are T shaped and the earring post is pushed through the hole in the top of the T before the earring is put in the ear and they are put through the earlobe together.

After I had my ears pierced I pushed the protector tube over the stud post through my ear from the back side then took the earrings out leaving the protector in place. You are putting the top of the T at the backside of your earlobe instead of the front as intended.

Be sure to clean the tubes with alcohol before using them and keep the area around the piercing clean. The tubes are long and will stick out of the front of the earlobe a little, I cut them off, (before using) so they didn’t stick out too much and they were hard to see, but can be seen up close.

You can take the earrings off and put them back on through the tubes, just be careful that you don’t push the tube out of the back of the earlobe when putting the stud back in.

On the weekends I took the tubes out from the back leaving the studs in, then used newly trimmed tubes when I put them back over the post Sunday night.
I cleaned the area around the piercings two or three times a day with alcohol and a cotton ball until they healed and didn’t have any problems.

I found the Protectors at a Claire’s at a local mall but I would think other stores that sell pierced earrings would sell them also.

I have gone as long as a year without wearing earrings and the holes didn’t close, they were a little tight the first time I put them in back in though.

Lover girl
05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
I work around hundreds of people daily. I aroused plenty of comments when I shaved off the mustache ( ya the one I had for the last 31 years ). It concerns me a little about what coworkers and customers think but at the end of the day, having a job the next day is very important to me. 6 weeks to heal...... I guess that's the end of that Idea. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Elexia
05-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Earrings are nice, ive had mine sense my freshmen year in high school. Well at least the first one, I have 5 holes in my ears now, so when I start getting more cLothes for my girl mode, I'll get my some beautiful earrings for them. My only concern now is if/when I start trying out breastfoams, will they irritate my current nipple rings?

JOY445
05-05-2010, 08:46 AM
What a rush of emotion that flowed when Julia pierced both of my ears tonight. I never would have thought that I would cry like a baby but I did. i was having a regular electrolysis appointment when Freddie (Julia's husband and a Tg him self) said you should get your ears pierced, and the next thing I am saying lets do it. Julia measured very carefully and then did it. Now I was expecting some pain but after having just went through over an hour with the electric juice the piercing was nothing.

Now that I canlook in the mirror and see the shinning starter earrings I am again stunned at the feelings I am having. i cannot wait until I can shop for french wire ear rings. Watch out this might be a genie out of the bottle type thing.
congratulations!..At 48 i just got my ears pierced back in october. i loved my first studs but couldn't wait to wear real earrings...the bigger and heavier the better!!
I would wear chandeliers if i could they make me feel so feminine. I like really beg hoops, dangles, big pearls..etc... i carry several pair in the car which i switch out for my more androgynous ones whenever i'm driving about....
earrings gave me the courage to wear some subtle make-up and macara but i really like wearing my lipstick and earings.
my wife is great but really puts her foot down if other people are around.(no big hoops or dangles) but she shares in my growing collection.
i have three wigs, c and d forms and dozens and dozens of shoes 2 to 5 + heels but nothing completed my package like my earings...

wow i sorta gushed about this huH?

love Joy