PDA

View Full Version : Gender Recognition recognised by my bank

Sheila
04-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Eventually got round to changing my name at the bank, just got a letter from them saying

"thank you for your recent correspondence blah!!!! blah!! blah!!!! ......... please forwarD one of the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS . Marriage cert, deed poll.civil partnership cert

& Wait for it ..... Wait for it ...................
& Wait for it ..... Wait for it ..................

GENDER RECOGNITION CERTIFICATE .......... :D

StephanieDragg
04-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Congratulations sweetie!:)

Katesback
04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
To my surprise Bank of America has (or had a couple years ago) an insurance program that covered transssexual aspects. That meant the policy had some coverage for SRS surgery.

Go figure.

Deborah Jane
04-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Fortunately Sheila doesn't need it, being born a Genetic Female, but I on the other hand, should I decide to transition, may find it very helpful :)

vikki2020
04-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Wow! That's fantastic, congratulations! It may be a slow process, but the times, they are a'changin'!

Tina B.
04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
So Shelia, does that mean you now have documented prove of womanhood? How wonderful that is for you. Will you let Debs borrow it?
Tina B.
Hey at lest in you country they are nice enough to ask!!

Shelly Preston
04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Its unexpected but nice to know the availability is there

EnglishRose
04-28-2010, 09:52 AM
To my surprise Bank of America has (or had a couple years ago) an insurance program that covered transssexual aspects. That meant the policy had some coverage for SRS surgery.

Go figure.

Right - I was reading that the coverage they have with Aetna means that you only have to pay the deductible. We have the same insurance company but there is no way in hell we have SRS provisions.