PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happend to you?

Diana L
04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Last weekend I had the opportunity to dress for four days. I took Friday and Monday off and my wife had to work on the weekend. I have spent as much as a week dressed in the past so I wasn't too concerned about it. My wife had a list of things she needed done that I could do dressed. The first two days were great. I went grocery shopping, ate out, and shopped for clothes.
By noon of the third day I was physically and mentally exhausted. I don't know if it was the stress of being out in public so much or what but I just had to get back to guy mode!
I was so tired I slept about ten hours. Now that it is over I am angry with myself for not dressing the last day.
This has never happened to me before.

Diana

kimdl93
04-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey, we're human. Sometimes we need a change. Two full days in public - that's very cool. You don't have to feel obligated to dress...just grateful for the opportunity

Karren H
04-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Too much of a good thing syndrome!!

I can't even count the number of times its happened to me! The last time, February this year, my wife was gone for 3 weeks... After 3 days of dressing I did the same thing. Out of 21 days available I dressed less than half the time. Probably 8 or 9 total days.. Burned out and getting gussied up is a lot of work and physically tiring.. Were not spring chickens any more ya know! Ok I'm not a spring chicken.. More like a fall turkey.. Lol

Angie G
04-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Something just wasn't right. You may have just needed a rest girl. It happens.:hugs:
Angie

tamarav
04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
After a few days of contunued adrenlin highs, the body just packs it in and must have some rest. I have experienced the same thing multiple times.

Tina B.
04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Well if it feels good do it, and if it doesn't feel good why bother. After a couple of days being dressed, I will either dress down in something much more casual, or just not bother at all. As stated above, just too much of a good thing.
Tina B.

Shiny
04-28-2010, 09:41 AM
That's the dressing "over-dose" I was talking about! Been there many times. It's really a bummer getting dressed spending the time on makeup and hair and the whole outfit on a morning when the urge just isn't there. I feel like a cartoon or an automaton and think "it's not fun today, what's the point?" Then those feelings we all get start to work in reverse and we feel the tinge of guilt and then start feeling creepy as we grind those "gender" gears in our minds! I try to maintain some equilibrium but it's not always possible. Just move on the best you can and realize that it's just another facet of our "condition."

Freddy12
04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Stress can take many forms. One form is getting tired being "on" for a long time. You were "on" for several days, and needed a break. That happens - even when it's fun being "on". Don't be concerned. Next time you may be feeling so comfortable en femme that it will not be so stressful.

Enjoy - don't let it be a burden!

windycissy
04-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Can't say that it has, in fact the opposite is true for me: the longer I'm in female mode, the harder it is to shift back, and I find it very depressing as the witching hour approaches...

Nicole Brown
04-28-2010, 10:00 AM
I must be an unusual case as I never get tired of being Nicole. I have on a number of occasions lived as her for up to a week at a time and loved each and every moment en fem.

Next week I have another opportunity to live as Nicole 24/7 and have planned each day and evening to maximize my time as Nicole. Each and every minute of all 6 days will be spent in a totally feminine persona.

Rianna Humble
04-28-2010, 10:39 AM
I must be an unusual case as I never get tired of being Nicole. I have on a number of occasions lived as her for up to a week at a time and loved each and every moment en fem.

Not that unusual, Nicole. Whilst I haven't yet been able to get a whole week fully dressed, I have spent 4 days on a number of occasions and the thought of pretending to be "him" didn't even enter my mind.

Can't say that it has, in fact the opposite is true for me: the longer I'm in female mode, the harder it is to shift back, and I find it very depressing as the witching hour approaches...

For me, it is a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach when I have to go back to pretending to be "him".

Lynn Marie
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM

Next week I have another opportunity to live as Nicole 24/7 and have planned each day and evening to maximize my time as Nicole. Each and every minute of all 6 days will be spent in a totally feminine persona.

Lucky girl, and completely planned out too. Sounds like great fun. I'm in the other boat though, get tired of it after a while.

Deborah Jane
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM
It happens to me quite a lot. My SO wouldn't mind a bit if I lived as Debs 24/7, but I spend more time as my guy self than I do as Debs most weeks.

Lorileah
04-28-2010, 11:00 AM
gee and we wonder why GG's don't look like runway models 24/7. It is a normal thing, in fact I think that when you dress and are accepted by those around you you become more comfortable wearing "anything" and just being you.

Nicole Erin
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Going full femme is a lot of work actually.
Have to mess with makeup, dressing, and minding your mannerisms in public.
Don't beat yourself up for needing a rest.

I guess if someone was full time, then one would get used to the whole hassle pretty quick.

There is a reason I prefer jeans and tee.. yes I present as femme as much as I can but when you get to the point where you are as content in a cute top and jeans, it is much less hassle.

sissystephanie
04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Probably too much shopping! Wait a minute, did I just say that? That cannot happen with either a GG or a CD, can it?

Seriously, I think we all have had similar situations. I wouldn't worry about it!

jenniferj
04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Working from home (with no kids around) and having a wonderfully tolerant wife, I can and usually do dress for days at a time. But being otherwise closeted in a very small town I really can't go outside during daylight. Thus after several days I tend to get "cabin fever" and look forward to guy-time to get outside things done.

But it does feel strange to not have the girls in front of me...:o

-jj

Mirani
04-28-2010, 04:56 PM
I guess if someone was full time, then one would get used to the whole hassle pretty quick.

Aint that the truth!
Without a routine and a very supportive SO - I wouldn't be able to function :)

Funnily enough, I no longer try to be uberfemme - going over the top to make darn sure everything was as "feminine" as possible. Full makeup, nail polish, skirt or dress, heels.
Now, quite often, its tinted moisturiser, mascara and lippy, clear varnish, trousers and flats!
Makes going the whole 9 yards more fun and more of an occasion when I do it.

Jonianne
04-28-2010, 05:29 PM
For me, dressing gets old after a while. I have no desire to get all dressed up every day. Keeping my hair femme style everyday is enough work for me.

Kate Simmons
04-28-2010, 05:43 PM
This is one reason they came out with the coffee mug that says "They finally found something that does the work of 10 men--One woman!" Ain't as easy as it looks my friends.:heehee:

t-girlxsophie
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Can honestly say I've never found myself too fed up to Dress,even If its just jeans and a t-shirt,but I wouldn't beat yourself up about not dressing that last day Diana.
We cant have the perfect ocassion for us to dress all the time.I for one couldn't ever give up my days going to watch my football team,Celtic with my Step-sons where Dressing has to take a back seat,nor the odd days when my Wife would like to spend some time with drab me.

Rianna Humble
04-29-2010, 03:19 AM
we wonder why GG's don't look like runway models 24/7.

They dont? :eek:

Angiemead12
04-29-2010, 05:42 AM
Im not there yet! I need a weekend like this!

Jessica Kelly
04-29-2010, 05:53 AM
It's probably your subconscious disagreeing with your body about the dramatic change in living style, almost like being home-sick.

Lexine
04-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes it has actually. I think I've dressed up so much over the past month or so that I just started recently asking my friends as to who they'd prefer to hang out with on that particular day - as that's something that they can choose now since it's an option - but only when I ask them about it. Like last night I was like "Hey Liz, did you wanna hang out with Alex or Lexi (my unofficial new femme name, as insisted my several friends)?" and she said "I miss Alex." I was glad because I didn't wanna put on makeup because I was so tired LOL.

suchacutie
04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
One of the odd advantages of having a life in both genders is that one gender can support the other. Our male sides certainly spend a lot of time supporting our female selves, so as I see it you just let your male self pamper your female self a bit. Ok, it was a disappointment not be en femme the entire time, but wasn't that really an artificial perception you built for yourself ahead of time? Maybe just going with the flow would make these oscillations a bit less extreme?

Last night I was all ready for transforming to Tina, but when I got home I had a pile of work I that had to be finished the next day, I had a broken nail (ok, that's not a massive horror but it had to be dealt with), and I guess I was just too emotionally drained to put out the effort I know is neccessary for the gender switch. I'll give it another try on Friday!

It's just life :)

tina

Kiera79
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Too much of a good thing syndrome!!

I can't even count the number of times its happened to me! The last time, February this year, my wife was gone for 3 weeks... After 3 days of dressing I did the same thing. Out of 21 days available I dressed less than half the time. Probably 8 or 9 total days.. Burned out and getting gussied up is a lot of work and physically tiring.. Were not spring chickens any more ya know! Ok I'm not a spring chicken.. More like a fall turkey.. Lol
But you still look beautiful doing it.

Don't beat yourself up for needing a rest.

There is a reason I prefer jeans and tee.. yes I present as femme as much as I can but when you get to the point where you are as content in a cute top and jeans, it is much less hassle.

Exactly. This I think is why most of us go and get our makeup done and just worry about the outfit, but then by us doing that does it make us less of a feminine creature? Thoughts. I love jens and shirt or shorts.

Julezz
05-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I've had the same thing. Just get myself a little too excited and then crash when I'm not expecting it.