PDA

View Full Version : Caught wearing perfume

suzy1
04-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I like to wear a little perfume when I am in drab, at work. Just a little so that I can get the occasional smell of it, reminding me of Suzy. I mostly work on my own anyway.
The other day I was talking to someone and they remarked that they could smell perfume. I changed the subject and got away with it, I think.
So girls, what I want from you is a really good excuse should a close friend or family member catch me out.
You might say that I could blame it on a new aftershave but everybody who knows me knows I would never were aftershave, I hate it.
In case you are going to say it would be a good time to come out, I won’t do that for several good reasons, but that’s a another story.
I am depending on you. It’s only a mater of time.
The perfume by the way is Obsession by Calvin Klein. Thought you would want to know.

SUZY

Stephanie Anne
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Here is a good excuse:

"Yup that would be me, like it?"

Why would you have to hide wearing perfume? Wearing a nice smelling scent have nothing to do with coming out. Simply let someone know you like it and wear it.

Welcome to the modern world where men wear light scented perfumes because they can.

It's not like someone said "Oh I love that dress on you, where did you get it?"

Mea GG
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I once found myself with the smell of aftershave on me from this guy at work that used to hug me. I was actually in the grocery store thinking, "what's that smell?" before I realized where it came from. (BTW, took him 2+ years to ask me for a date after I heard through the grapevine he liked me. So shy. Probably a crossdresser. But once I told him I had a boyfriend he stopped with the hugging.)

So, you have been hugged by someone "who wears too much perfume".

OR how's this, you have been to the department store and they spritzed you! That really does happen...

You know, not too long ago, I only had my son's Old Spice deodorant on hand as the Powder Fresh sort was used up. I wore Old Spice for a few days before I got some new and I did notice people catch a little of the Old Spice smell and look a little puzzled, but nobody said anything. "Ooops, there's that masculine side of her popping out again..." lol... but I think the implication in a work environment is more apt to be "who of the opposite gender have you been so close to that something rubbed off on you?"

Yup, like the above poster said, we have advanced a little in smells...but just a little...

eluuzion
04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Just tell them you read someplace on the internet where it said wearing perfume reduces the urge to stab people, and you thought you might give it a try.

that idea may still need a little work...:)

Kate Simmons
04-28-2010, 12:51 PM
There comes a time in life when we just do not need any excuses for what we prefer to do.Weighing the options in the balance will determine if what we do is worth the potential outcome.:)

Deborah Jane
04-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Just say you like the smell, it brings back pleasant memories :daydreaming:

kimdl93
04-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I wear perfume all the time - for years actually. If anyone has noticed it, no one has mentioned, and I wouldn't much care if they did.

Staci G
04-28-2010, 01:33 PM
This has happend to me quite a few years back, I remember I was wearing Red Door (my favorite) and someone said you smell like womens parfume. I just said well its cologne that just smells that way I guess, I like the smell it's made for men and it is just the chemicals in my body mixing that way. She just said hmm I know some parfumes smell better on others than me so it makes sense. I got away with it that time but didn't push it again.

kimdl93
04-28-2010, 01:35 PM
I guess its best to be discrete - and adjust your response appropriately depending on if if you know the person's attitudes

Chickhe
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Uhhh...perfume? I don't know...must be in the soap or laundry detergent. If other people can smell it, you are wearing too much.

Karren H
04-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I love Obsession.. My wife bought me some make after shave a while back and I dumped 95% of it out and refilled it with Obsession.. When she asked what that smell was I picked up the bottle and said the stuff you bought me... She never asked again.. Guys at work really don't care what I smell like.. Its usually way better than they smell!

Sara Jessica
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
This has happend to me quite a few years back, I remember I was wearing Red Door (my favorite) and someone said you smell like womens parfume. I just said well its cologne that just smells that way I guess, I like the smell it's made for men and it is just the chemicals in my body mixing that way. She just said hmm I know some parfumes smell better on others than me so it makes sense. I got away with it that time but didn't push it again.

This is a very reasonable reply to such an inquiry, along the lines of what I thought I might say should someone call me out for wearing perfume daily.

My choice is Estee Lauder's Sensuous. I started wearing it daily after pretty much eschewing guy cologne altogether (or anything else) for over a year. In my opinion, it is a scent that is more on the natural/amber/woody side rather than fresh or floral which many perfumes are. That said, I couldn't tell you for certain if anyone has detected it on me. I do know my friend Erica says that it's a very feminine smell and that if I'm wearing it daily, people do notice.

Sigh...the stuff we put ourselves through!!!

sherri52
04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
doesn't it smell great.
If you lie and get caught again they'll know something is up.
Just admit you like the smell of it.
My ex use to love the smell of Channel #5 on me and she was unaccepting as far as dressing goes

t-girlxsophie
04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Just tell them that Hot Chick thats been around wears it all the time,must've rubbed off on you :devil:

Nicole Erin
04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Just tell them you read someplace on the internet where it said wearing perfume reduces the urge to stab people, and you thought you might give it a try.

that idea may still need a little work...:) :hugs: haha love the humor sis...

However, I think a more viable story would be - "OH I stopped by the local cathouse before work to have a little fun, I guess the lady's sweat and perfume must be on me still..."

gabimartini
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Tell them it's deodorant.

Nicole Erin
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Tell them it's deodorant.
After they say "someone smells really pretty"

mapletree
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
[I] really would like to have this experience
I love perferme so much [
I would like to explain this
cool

AmandaM
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I just smell myself and say my wife musta had it on when she hugged me.

AKAMichelle
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Ya'll are terrible at this. :D

What happens when you hug a woman? Her perfume comes with you. Remember the songs about cheating on your spouse. She can smell her all over you. So why not say it's my wife. I gave her a hug this morning and I guess the perfume smell must still be there.

donnatracey
04-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Uhhh...perfume? I don't know...must be in the soap or laundry detergent. If other people can smell it, you are wearing too much.

Really? Isn't that the idea of wearing it?....:D

Tina B.
04-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Just tell them you saw that Old spice commercial about women wanting there man to smell like old spice and not like a womans perfume, and you are doing your own research as to whether it's true or not, and this is the perfume control test.
Tina B.
And you don't even need to ride the horse backward.

Angiemead12
04-29-2010, 10:48 AM
hehe well i just started to do it and I dont care if I get caught

Sarah Doepner
04-29-2010, 11:00 AM
You might want to tell them you had a choice of three bottles, the one you used and the others labled "ripe barnyard" or "Oh damn, I stepped in it again". Then ask if they want you to go back to the others.

suzy1
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for all the ideas girls. New you wouldn’t let me down.
The one I will use? Well I am divorced so can’t say it was my wife. As for not caring if I am found out, well, this is England and we are a bit behind the U.S. I think. Men just do not were perfume here. And if my sons found out I was wearing perfume they would be horrified and very upset in finding out I was a crossdresser. There are some things in life that are far more important than my right to do what I want to do.
So I will say I was hugging a very dear old lady friend of mine. She uses lots of perfume.

Thanks girls

SUZY

Kiera79
04-29-2010, 12:29 PM
There comes a time in life when we just do not need any excuses for what we prefer to do.Weighing the options in the balance will determine if what we do is worth the potential outcome.:)
You know we can and have the ability to do well what we want. Wear it proudly.

Just say you like the smell, it brings back pleasant memories :daydreaming:
I agree

It doesn't matter what others can smell. That is the point to smell good isn't it?

AKAMichelle
04-29-2010, 07:18 PM
You may be divorced, but you could still have a girl friend.

Kerrylee61
05-01-2010, 10:45 AM
How horrible... Talk about sweating the small stuff

Kerry

SandyTupper
05-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I think the excuse of the old lady friend's hug is a very good one Suzy! :)

Sandy

SandyTupper
05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
I understand how you feel Stephie, I just think it's important to respect everyone's pace and Suzy surely has good reasons for not coming out right now. Just give her some time... :)

But I do understand that what you mean and what upsets you is that we should not have to make things up and find excuses for being ourselves.

Sandy

SandyTupper
05-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Suzy, you shouldn't take Stephie's message personnaly, I believe she's been through tough things too and can't help but getting mad when people seem to be "hiding" and "feeling guilty" for being themselves.

I know that it's not what you feel Suzy, you're simply dealing with your reality and try to protect your loved ones which is perfectly understandable. Our own fight for freedom isn't about shouting "I'M A CROSSDRESSER" but it's about finding a balance in our life and simply be as happy as we can.

I hope Stephie understands this and I'm sure she suffered a lot from having to make excuses.

I support Suzy in her choice, we should all respect each other's choices. The fact that we're all crossdressers does not mean we live the same lives or face the same choices.

just my 2 cents... :)
~Sandy

suzy1
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks Sandy, very well put, but I will not be judged and labelled by someone that’s never met me and knows nothing about me. And talks a lot of rubbish.
But you have made sense and I will leave it at that.

I should be as sweet as you seem to be. I will work on it.

Love and hugs SUZY

SandyTupper
05-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Well I'm not born wise lol ;)

But I'm glad it that helped you in any way.

Sandy
P.S. thx for the PM!

Nigella
05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
This thread has degenerated into a free for all, it is now finished