PDA

View Full Version : Statistics of us girls...how we behave, think, act

stefanie
04-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I recently found these stats from Yvonnes Place website. Not sure if you all have seen before...maybe already posted once before. I found it hugely interesting just to see how many of us live, think, socialize, etc. I am sure we can all punch holes in any data one way or another but thought it worth sharing. Enjoy

http://www.yvonnesplace.net/survey/survey99/survey99_results.htm

t-girlxsophie
04-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Very Informative but long survey,I wonder what the percentages would be now.Was gonna reply to It,but its 5a.m. here and I been on all night:D Need my Beauty Sleep So Ill just be content to read everyone elses thoughts:)

stefanie
04-29-2010, 12:26 AM
5 am !!!! yikes...go get some beauty sleep

gabimartini
04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Very interesting indeed, regardless of any flaws it may contain. Thanks for sharing!

SummerJ
04-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Yeah... kinda curious what the results would be now

Nicole Erin
04-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Well, certain things in there no longer apply, I think Usenet is gone, as is geocities... Nowadays it is facebook.

But the results in pretty much all the surveys seem reasonable. I think if this survey was run today the numbers would change little.

vetobob9
04-29-2010, 05:30 AM
My class recently discussed transgenderism from an anthropological/evolutionary point of view.

Science can back up the part about childhood. In the scientific studies, children who did not fit an over all masculine pattern, tended to grow up to be either gay, transgender, or cross dressers. They found this is all caused by a gene. What happens is that everyone, including men, have female genes and everyone, including women, have male genes. Usually, in men, the female genes are suppressed but sometimes this does not happen and the male can become feminized to an extent. There are different levels of this, from cross dressing to becoming gay to being transgendered and seeking to become a physical woman by surgery or chemical treatments.
It turns out that transgenderism is quite common in nature but it is only recently, via technology, that humans have achieved this ability. For example many species of snails can do this. Unfortunately, while a snail can go back and forth, humans can not. Also in species of fish, when the male dies, the largest female transforms into a male and like humans, stays that way permanently.
I should note here the naturalistic fallacy statement. This is based on the concept that if something occurs in nature or if something has evolved then it is good or bad. The naturalistic fallacy says that is not true. Evolution and nature are neutral when it comes to matters of good vs bad. You decide if it is good or bad.
I should also note that while a man can be changed into a woman, his DNA will still show him to be a man. Also there are interesting differences in what turns males on vs what turns females on. Did you know that most women are turned on by seeing other women engage in love making but most men are not turned on by seeing other men engage in intercourse? Men are more likely to be turned on by objects than women are. And this can give away a cross dresser who is not careful.
The studies involved included samples from 50 different nations at different levels of development from hunter gatherers to feudal to modern industrial.
They also found that Crossdressing evolved because it improves the chances of reproductive success. According to this, a crossdresser is more likely to father more children than a non cross dresser if he/she is not careful about using those condoms regularly.

One of the studies is: "Genetic factors predisposing to homosexuality may increase
mating success in heterosexuals"

BRANDYJ
04-29-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure, but I think I responded to that survey a long time ago. Not surprising to me, I am one of those that fit in with the majority percentage of most questions asked. so that makes me a very 'normal' crossdresser. lol
I think it represents a good cross section of who we are and the common thoughts, feelings, and lifestyle the majority of us live.

linnea
04-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Thank you for posting the survey; it has promoted some interesting responses.

stefanie
04-29-2010, 09:20 AM
for me, i have always wondered how we all behave, think as a group both in our private and public femme life. Assuming open and honest responses, it gives a sense of how we feel about ourselves and then of course how the outside world sees us as a whole beyond our specific unique individual nature

more recently, I once did a backwards math kind of calculation to determine what % of the male population is transgendered or a propensity to be transgendered...i can't recall all the variables and assumptions is used, so forgive me....but i recall the number was edging up to 8-10% which are those that like us on CD forum, Aware, out of the closet, closeted, and those that have not even yet discovered their inner girl yet. Assuming i got every variable wrong by 50% for an error factor....this is still 5% of the male population....pretty high still yet in my eyes... yeah!!

This does not even include admirers which i think we are all finding to be a huge category in itself.

vetobob9
04-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Your first assumption was closer. Anthropologists have found that about 8 to 10% of the world’s men are crossdressers.

insearchofme
04-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Vetobob9

I used to teach sex education on the college level many years ago and try to keep up with the research. I have a question about what you said that men and women have both female and male genes.

That's a new one on me. I know the we all have the X chromosome but the gene thing is new to me. How about enlightening me a bit on this? You can send me a pm if you want so we don't take up all the thread.

Frédérique
04-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Four out of five crossdressers began crossdressing by the age of 12.

I didn’t, but I wish I had…:sad:

Only 52% of those who responded actually crossdress to the extent of presenting as woman: clothing makeup and so on.

I’m in the majority – presentation is everything…:battingeyelashes:

Two-thirds of those who responded are either married or in a relationship with a significant other. One-third are either divorced or going through a divorce.

I’m happily single, thank you…:)

Among those who are married or in a significant relationship, three out of every four has told their partner about their crossdressing. Within that group, three out of five say their partner is supportive.

I told my SO years ago – she was not amused, nor “entertained,” not one little bit…:hmph:

Only 48% identified as heterosexual. The remaining 52% said they were either bisexual or heterosexual but wanted to explore their sexuality. This is a much smaller percentage identifying as heterosexual than is commonly believed.

I don’t “identify” as one or the other, since:
1. It doesn’t matter…
2. It is nobody’s business…
3. It is in our nature to explore…
4. I know what’s going on – people want to label us for surreptitious reasons…:naughty
5. IT DOESN"T MATTER!

sissystephanie
04-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Four out of five crossdressers began crossdressing by the age of 12.]I didn’t, but I wish I had…:sad:
Only 52% of those who responded actually crossdress to the extent of presenting as woman: clothing makeup and so on.
I’m in the majority – presentation is everything…:Two-thirds of those who responded are either married or in a relationship with a significant other. One-third are either divorced or going through a divorce. I’m happily single, thank you…:)Among those who are married or in a significant relationship, three out of every four has told their partner about their crossdressing. Within that group, three out of five say their partner is supportive.
I told my SO years ago – she was not amused, nor “entertained,” not one little bit…:hmph:Only 48% identified as heterosexual. The remaining 52% said they were either bisexual or heterosexual but wanted to explore their sexuality. This is a much smaller percentage identifying as heterosexual than is commonly believed.
I don’t “identify” as one or the other, since:
1. It doesn’t matter…
2. It is nobody’s business…
3. It is in our nature to explore…
4. I know what’s going on – people want to label us for surreptitious reasons…:naughty
5. IT DOESN"T MATTER!

Let's see... I started crossdressing at about age 6. That was a long time ago!!! In past years I did present as a woman occasionally, but since my loving and supportive wife died I no longer do so. But I still dress and go out in public. I am now a widower. I told my wife before we married, and she supported me during our entire life together! I am definitley a Heterosexual male. Have never had any desire to become a woman in any way. Just like to wear feminine clothing!! But as been said, the sexual part really doesn't matter!! We are what we are!!

vetobob9
05-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Vetobob9

I used to teach sex education on the college level many years ago and try to keep up with the research. I have a question about what you said that men and women have both female and male genes.

That's a new one on me. I know the we all have the X chromosome but the gene thing is new to me. How about enlightening me a bit on this? You can send me a pm if you want so we don't take up all the thread.

I got this information from a class I am taking at my college on the evolution of human sexuality.

We had to read two studies and there was a couple of lectures on the topic. The instructor is very knowledgeable about what she teaches.

I gave the title to one of the studies in a previous post in case anyone was interested in looking it up on google.

The other one we had to read was, "Swagger, Sway, and Sexuality: Judging Sexual Orientation From Body Motion and Morphology"

I'll have to see if I can find the other studies she referred to in her lectures.

Male-to-female transsexualism is around three times as common as
female-to-male

Overall prevalence difficult to determine, but approx 1:10,000
Considering there are about 3 billion males on planet earth, that’s means there should be an at least 300,000 male to female transgenders on planet earth. Though we know there are more than that.

Brain studies
Studies have shown that MtF brains are more similar to biological
women’s brains in some respects, but those studies did not control
for exposure to female hormones

Exposure to female hormones while in the womb can cause a male fetus to become slightly feminized to varying degrees from making him more likely to crossdress, to transgenderisation, to full on homosexualisation.
This is a natural process in which the mother’s body is releasing hormones to reduce the stress the baby is causing to her body. Essentially, male fetuses are more costly for mothers than daughters are so her body responds by trying to feminize it. More likely to happen after successive pregnancies.

Body swagger is also used to determine whether a person is male or female. Men swing their arms more often while women tend to walk with their arms slighty limp at their sides. This is because men sway their shoulders while walking while women sway the hips.

People can also tell the difference because of a woman has a smaller waist to hip ratio than a man does. Not much that males can do about this.
But if you walk like a woman, you are more likely to be assumed to be homosexual because of cultural biases that evolved in human species that helped them to survive so that we could all exist today.

Homosexuality is most often passed down through the mother’s line because it is associated with a region on the X chromosome.
But this does not apply to lesbians.

Antagonistic pleiotropy:
Genes that code for gender atypical behavior (such as crossdressing, transgenderism, or homosexuality) may increase reproductive success for the person who has those genes.

This is just some of the stuff that was in the studies which included loking at twins where one was straight and the other was gay.

Julezz
05-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Really interesting survey. It would be neat to see a broader approach what would incorporate more people who didn't necessarily identify with the term "crossdress" or "transgender" to see what type of grey areas exist when we think of gender a larger context in society. For instance, more questions on overall interest in becoming more feminine.

eluuzion
05-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Exposure to female hormones while in the womb can cause a male fetus to become slightly feminized to varying degrees from making him more likely to crossdress, to transgenderisation, to full on homosexualisation.
This is a natural process in which the mother’s body is releasing hormones to reduce the stress the baby is causing to her body. Essentially, male fetuses are more costly for mothers than daughters are so her body responds by trying to feminize it. More likely to happen after successive pregnancies.

hiya vetobob9,
Although all of the areas that you have discussed are genuine, and to me fascinating when studied, I feel there are several "assumptive connections" that have not been supported with enough significantly documented research to push to the degree you suggest. Maybe it is just a case of attempting to recall specifics from memory, which is always an accuracy challenge for all of us.

At any rate, just tossing out some related info...

Ok, a quick refresher on genetics 101…

Typically, every fetus derives one sex chromosome from the mother; this is always ‘X’. The second sex chromosome is provided by the father and may be either ‘X’ or ‘Y’. Typically, a fetus having one X and one Y chromosome will develop as male Typically, a fetus having two X chromosomes will develop as a female.

You are probably referring to Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (cAIS)

A fetus with Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (cAIS) has XY chromosomes. Despite the presence of the ‘Y’ chromosome, the fetus has a degree of insensitivity to androgens (testosterone, dihydrotestosterone) and is, therefore, not subject to their "masculinising" influence

That is a "Cliff Notes" simplification, in an effort to keep a deep ocean in the ankle deep range.

Here is probably the best, concise explanation(if there is such a thing) covering this issue, for anyone interested...

http://www.gires.org.uk/dysphoria.php

Regarding statistics, we all know they can be manipulated to prove or suggest just about any position desired.
Here is an interesting statistic...My research suggests that 9 out of every 4 cross-dressers have problems with math.

hehehhee