PDA

View Full Version : If I was a Drag Queen...

NatalieBliss
08-17-2005, 04:42 PM
I started this thread to see whom you girls admire most, for whatever reason, of the GGs. Do they influence your style of dress, attitude, mannerisms, whatever gives you girls inspiration to be fabulous!

My pick is:

Betty Page!

Suprise Suprise! Well not really if you know who she is and have seen my avitar.

I love how she easily flows from vampy to girl next door. I just love the vibe I get from looking at her pics.

Mx Justina
08-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Although I haven't seen much of good old Betty Page (or maybe not looking hard enough?)... For me she would have been a natural choice...and she fits the archetypical "Dominatrix" image also, what has proceeded down thru the decades since the middle part of the past century.

At present I would nominate Ditta Von Teese as a female that embodies what is femininely sexually erotic.

J.

Mirragea
08-17-2005, 05:27 PM
I'll go with Dorothy Dandridge and for the sci-fi part of me(Lt. Uhura)Nichelle Nicholes.

Christina
08-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Right now, I would say Christina Aguilera. I love anyone who can change their appearance, especially using different hair colors and styles. I think she is gorgeous.

:love:

Christina

Sweet Susan
08-18-2005, 12:13 AM
My tastes change everyday. Today I was watching CNN and Paula Zahn looked incredibly sexy.

Jamie M
08-18-2005, 01:15 AM
well i'd have to say the good ole Madonna is the one for me . look how many times she's taken her life in her hands and stuck two fingers up to the world and said "this is me , like me or leave me " . she's always re-inventing herself towards the goal she sets out to acheive.

Oh and i suppose it helps that she's local to me now as well , lives just down the road in fact , haven't popped in for coffee yet but it's only a matter of time now ;)

Jen_TGCD
08-18-2005, 01:28 AM
If I was a Drag Queen . . .

I'd have to do Shirley Bassey... singing, "Goldfinger"! Now... she was a true Glam Diva with fantastic stage gowns!!!

Imogen_Mann
08-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Audrey Hepburn, just indescribably good, pretty, sexy, glamorous, cute, smart, sharp, nice..... Perfection !

There but for the grace of genetic bad luck go I !

XX

Jayme.

Jen_TGCD
08-18-2005, 02:28 AM
There but for the grace of genetic bad luck go I !

:clap: Well put ! ! ! :clap:

Shaylynn
08-18-2005, 03:54 AM
For me it's Nicole Kidman, I loved her in Moulin Rouge. She acted and looked so very sexy. Those outfits of hers were to die for.
Shaylynn

racquel
08-18-2005, 04:02 AM
For me Racquel Welsh,just gets better looking each year and she started out georgous. :eek:

Jamie M
08-18-2005, 04:06 AM
totally agree , my wig is actually from her collection , she's just style personified :thumbsup:

Lauren_Phillips
08-18-2005, 08:16 AM
I started this thread to see whom you girls admire most, for whatever reason, of the GGs. Do they influence your style of dress, attitude, mannerisms, whatever gives you girls inspiration to be fabulous!

My pick is:

Betty Page!

Suprise Suprise! Well not really if you know who she is and have seen my avitar.

I love how she easily flows from vampy to girl next door. I just love the vibe I get from looking at her pics.
Hi natalie,

I'd have to say my gorgeous wife has inspired me the most. We have been married for 39 years and she still has it, although we have both aged along the way. She has a style and flair that I try to emulate in the way I dress enfemme although I haven't been able to duplicate it I still try. When I first started dressing in 2001 at 54 yrs old I went for the semi **** look like almost every CD does. She has given me pointers and criticisms along the way including hair length and color and styles along with clothing recommendations for stylish looks for girls my age.

Huggs

Lauren

Huggs

Lauren

Phoebe Reece
08-18-2005, 10:56 AM
For me it would have to be Merideth Viera ("The View" television show). She's very intelligent, looks great, dresses in a style I love, has a very disarming smile, a quirky sense of humor, and always wears pantyhose when wearing a skirt or dress.

MarinaTwelve200
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Actually, I take a lot from "Troi" of Star Trek---Our coloring is the same, and I have big dark eyes too---Also she has a rather larg 'romanesque" nose, as do I, yet she still manages to look great, despite a facial feature some would consider a flaw. Indeed, her nose gives her more of a "regal" beauty rather than a "cute" look her other features may be associated with.

Now I dont think I actually LOOK like her, but I can glean a LOT of information in the form of how someone with such coloring and big eyes and nose does her makeup and hair etc. and looks so good.

NatalieBliss
08-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the responses! I asked this question cause I think it is quite revealing... :) so again thanks for all the repsonses. While Miss Page is my most influental of all, my prefered styl is punk/hipster girls. Many of whom I have or currently know (as obviously I get a long best with them)

I hate to play favorites, but have to say my favorite response has been from Lauren Phillips. I hope that someday I have a wife as understanding (and judging from your avitar pick) as stylish as your wife. I think your both lucky ladies, and courtsy to the both of you!