PDA

View Full Version : Purges

susan howard
04-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Hi Gurls,

When was the last time you got the notion to purge your clothes and stuff 'cos of guilt feelings relating to your Crossdressing?

Love,

Susan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :) :hugs:

Leasa Wells
04-29-2010, 05:05 AM
Its been a very long time since i last purged, ever since i became a member here I stopped. It was from the reading of other posst that i started to understand I was not alone in my feelings. That purging was not going to change me and loosing alot of clothes is very expensive.

Lisa

Michelle 51
04-29-2010, 05:05 AM
I learned a long time ago to not to purge.It don't work and you've lost all your things for nothing.If you feel the need to try guiting put it all in away so if needs be you can retrieve it because you can trow it out anytime but its a lot harder to replace it.Several years ago i bought my first pair of heels and they were the cutest things you ever saw but after a couple of days i said your going too far and purged everything i owned.Well guess what.I had to start all over.That was the last time and i've never found another pair of shoes i cared for as much as that pair.I still miss them.

Angiemead12
04-29-2010, 05:17 AM
never really purged all the way, but the last small time was about 5 years ago! Im lucky my SO can use some of my things so it doesnt go to waste!

Blaire
04-29-2010, 05:25 AM
I must be odd... the closest I've ever come to a self-acted purge was tossing all of my make-up under the counter!

gabimartini
04-29-2010, 07:44 AM
My last purge happened about 8 years ago.

Gerrijerry
04-29-2010, 07:47 AM
only when I want new clothes.

KayleeDahl
04-29-2010, 07:47 AM
My last purge was 4 yrs ago, but the OP asked when "last had the notion to purge" and well, that happens somewhat frequently... but i've figured out that this part of me isn't going away, and to purge is just an enormous waste!

Hugs
-Kaylee

Tina B.
04-29-2010, 07:54 AM
About 33 years ago, I came out to my wife, she was very excepting, So I became very excepting, and have never considered a purge since. I would hate to think what it would cost to replace all the clothes I have collected since.
Tina B.

Cheryl T
04-29-2010, 07:58 AM
For me the last desire to purge was about 8 years ago. After that I went on a buying spree again and then it was too much and I just sat my wife down and had a heart to heart telling her how much this means to me and how I need to express this part of me.

After that it was shop till you drop...:heehee:

As my tag line says....

CLOSETS ARE FOR CLOTHES...

mapletree
04-29-2010, 08:12 AM
the ;ast time was a few years ago and then about 3 weeks latter I was out buying again and I decided not to go back to nothing again

so now I going to go further and just woek on accepting me

Staci G
04-29-2010, 09:10 AM
I have said it before, I purged way too often. I did it last year and after about 3 months I was shopping again. I will not purge again, and if I do it will be my last, I will never crossdress again. :lol: Yeah thats gonna happen!!! That bit@h Staci will always lurk around somewhere with her shopping bag in hand.

Kimmy55
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
I honestly cant remember the last time I purged.Had to be at least 20 yrs ago

tamarav
04-29-2010, 09:26 AM
1980 because of guilt.

2010 because of too many clothes....

maggiecdva
04-29-2010, 09:41 AM
My last purge was about 20 years ago. I would often purge because something tramatic would happen in my life (usually related to a relationship) and I would blame my crossdressing. After much thought and self reflection I realized CDing had nothing to do with my issues.

CDing is a very valuable and enjoyable part of my life especially after I was diagnosed with metastic colon cancer in 2007. "Maggie" is important to me and is fun and helps me cope with life in general.

Now I do need to sort through my clothes and make some donations but that is a different story.

Hugs - maggie

Georginamilnes
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I purged last year,and almost immediatly regreted it,now I have vowed I will never let that happen again! I feel so much more the person I really am,now I am once again enjoying dressing more than ever.:love:

Deborah Jane
04-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I did a partial purge last week because I couldn't fit everything in the room, but my last guilt purge was over 2 years ago.

jenna_woods
04-29-2010, 05:41 PM
for me it yas 8 years ago, noe I understand my female side is here to stay,

JulieC
04-29-2010, 05:56 PM
The last time I purged for guilt reasons/trying to stop/etc. was about 20 years ago. A couple of years later, I swore I'd never do it again. I haven't.

I did do a purge a little over 10 years ago when I met my wife, but only because I wanted to tell her about my crossdressing on my terms (I did about two months later), and not have her discover it in my small apartment. Yes, I should have just gotten a storage unit temporarily. Oh well. Wife took the revelation very well, and I was back up to full speed pretty quickly.

Daenna Paz
04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
My last purge was about 8 years ago too ... did something happen in the universe to cause this?? ;^)
Saw a lot of "8 yrs" here ... just sayin ... :D

ReneeT
04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
i am sure i purged 8 yrs ago, too - and 9, and 10 and....... . My most recent purge (the Great Purge, for you history buffs :battingeyelashes:) was 16 mos ago. The painis still fresh! What is different now is that i really like myself - all of me. And I LOVE crossdressing!

Sarah Doepner
04-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I've culled the wardrobe but I've never purged out of guilt or thinking I could get it to go away.

aprilgirl
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
I've never purged though numerous times in the past I've gone several months without dressing.

t-girlxsophie
04-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Have never Purged,but my Ex-wife when found my stash always had one.Cringe now when I think back at stuff she destroyed
Charity Shops get anything I dont wear now,and Makes me feel good knowing I am helping those more Needy:hugs:

devi_sierra
04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
i fight the urge to purge every few weeks.... For me the urge to purge is stronger when i haven't dressed in a few weeks (due to being too busy...)

That said, i haven't had a purge in over three years! :)

Tina Dixon
04-30-2010, 02:31 PM
About six months ago, gave dressing up, stopped coming here and grew a beard, but I fought the urge to toss my stuff in the dumpster and I have shaved and this past weekend I even dressed, I just wonder if those out there in the open ever get the urge to purge?

Frédérique
04-30-2010, 05:44 PM
When was the last time you got the notion to purge your clothes and stuff 'cos of guilt feelings relating to your Crossdressing?

I’ve never had the urge to purge because of “guilt feelings,” because I have never felt guilty about crossdressing – not for one moment! I purged once just to “lighten my load” for a cross-country move, and, as soon as I was settled, I went shopping for new stuff. I still miss some of my older things, so I feel guilty about that unnecessary purge years ago. I wasn’t thinking at the time…:doh:

Christina2008
04-30-2010, 06:40 PM
I have only purged once when I was 19 but only because I didn't want my girlfriends to find out. I miss that stuff and as I now know this part of me won't go away, I (hopefully) wont purge ever again.

Carly D.
04-30-2010, 08:25 PM
A minor amount was purged this past Thursday, yesterday.. It was three pieces of clothing that was very close to being more.. To me it is an adjustment of sorts.. I feel some guilt but really that isn't why some of my clothes get tossed every now and then.. Mostly it's the old saying if you haven't worn it in X amount of time then get rid of it.. And also I just grow out of the notion, I guess.. Maybe it is guilt to a certain extent but I feel more guilty about not telling everyone that I dress this way but I'm ok with it.. What am I talking about?? where did things go so wrong?? Why did that happen?? When will they return?? How far did it fall?? When was the train arriving?? Did that hurt?? If a train leaves Chicago and another train leaves L.A. where will they run into each other?? My guess would be Orlando since that is where they are both heading..

daviolin
05-01-2010, 12:13 AM
About ten years ago for me, that is a total purge. I will never do that again. I do have to thin the heard once in a while. Because I am a shoppaholic. Like any normal girl, right? It is so hard thinning, Its sad to see some of your things go. But what are ya gonna do? flickr.com/photos/daviolin

eluuzion
05-01-2010, 01:26 AM
I have never committed purgery in my life.

The punishment for perjury in most states, and under federal law, is the imposition of a fine, imprisonment, or both. :D:heehee::D

jus' kidd'n...I know it is a reality for many in the CD world, and when it occurs, it is not a humorous event.

Actually, it has never entered my mind. I have never been in that psychological dilemma with CDing. It has just not created problems for me.

I suppose I am also just too "logical". Any "crisis" puts me into problem solving mode. I suck the emotion out of the issue, sit down and list my options, and act on the one with the best outcome. (even if none are favorable). For me purging would be like nailing the door to the bathroom shut after a bout of diarrhea.

but that is just me.

Lover girl
05-01-2010, 02:17 AM
I have never purged. I have thousands of $ invested into my CD life. I would like to say that unless tons of money, ( If you do send it to me ) You can't break away from the erge to CD. You can put it on hold for a while But once you taste the feeling you get when you CD, YOU ARE HOOKED FOREVER!!!!!
When you feel the urge to purge, Pack your stuff in a box (S) and put in storage. Then next week you can just unpack your clothes instead of buying all of your stuff all over again. If your here on this web site, Then your hooked!!!! embrace your FEMME side and let it grow. Whatever your thinking or going through, Remember this PURGING DOSEN"T WORK~!!!!!!!!!

STEFFICAPRI
05-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I have purged due to guilt on a number of occasions.........but now have a sizeable feminine wardrobe and have not done so for some time (it is an expensive obsession !)...........however my only concern is if something should happen to me or I am hospitalised for some reason.......my secret would be out in the open and I am scared to face the issue !!!!!!!!! :sad:

MissyW
05-01-2010, 09:23 PM
I've never really completely purged, but the last closest time was 6 years ago

Julezz
05-02-2010, 12:25 AM
I've never done a full purge, but I may be on the verge. I just finished college and I am moving back home for a couple months before I start a full time job in the fall. I don't know what to do with all my clothes! I'm nowhere near ready to talk to my parents about the issue and I and terrified they would find something in the house (I don't have a ton of privacy at home). Any ideas?

Jonianne
05-02-2010, 05:54 AM
18 years ago when I first started therapy, I told my therapist I was thinking about purging and he (a Christian based psychologist) said he would not reccomend that. I was suprised, but followed his advice. That is the first time I started to feel acceptance from another person and, in time, it became full self-acceptance.

june maddon
05-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Gurls,

Love,

Susan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :) :hugs:

Thruout the years that I've been fressing up,I've purged around 5 times.Around 10 years ago was the last time before this one.I have myown place so therefor I have no problem keeping my clothes.Three mths. ago,I had emergensy triple bypass surgery.Was in the hospital for about 10 days and didnt want anyone finding my fem stuff If I gave them the key,'family.When I got home i went insde by myself and sent my son who brought me home to run an errand b/4 he came in.I hid everything and the next day,I called one of my gurlfriends and shes now keeping all my clothes at her place ,till I get better.

AKAMichelle
05-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Last year I thought about it a lot. It wasn't because of guilt but that my wife and I were getting back together. It wouldn't have been cheaper in some respects to just do a partial purge and start over, but I didn't. Everything went to storage and everything will be coming out later this month. I might even celebrate by going out dressed.

Darla Jean
05-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Yes, indeed, I have purged a number of times - everything from panties to skirts and shoes. I wish I had the confidence that the group has - I seem to keep thinking this is a fetish that will someday end (of course I am in my early 60's and started dressing when I was about 10). I think the purging stems from the ongoing conflict between being "normal" and truly wanting to express my femininity. Not sure where this is heading, but yes, I have purged many times, only to return to the catalogues and stores and start all over.

Drakba
05-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Well, I'll join in.

I am 41 now. I have purged twice in my life.

About 16 years ago, when I decided the girl I was dating was going to be my wife. Didn't work. Started dressing again.

Then about 10 years ago, just before the birth of our first baby.

That one has somewhat held. I have not yet repurchased any clothing. I have purchased makeup to play with when everyone is sleeping....