PDA

View Full Version : Adrenalin is a renewable resource

tamarav
04-29-2010, 09:41 AM
All of us that CD are adrenalin junkies whether we realize it or not. We love the high that adrenalin gives us and try to maintain that high as long as possible. When we can't dress we think about it to the point that our adrenalin levels rise.

After long periods of prolonged high adrenalin levels, we have to get some rest, it simply drains the body.

My wife equates the "Pink fog" to an adrenalin high and I have to agree.

Anyone else think this is the case?

(Disclaimer: I stole the title from "The biggest loser" series)

gabimartini
04-29-2010, 09:58 AM
That's a good point, Tamara. Be it adrenalin, androgens, estrogens, I think there must be a hormonal explanation behind all the urges and purges we go through.

Staci G
04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi Tamara, ;) I have to agree (of course you make me so agreeable). When I am at the stores and sitting in my car gathering up the nerve to get out an go inside it is like a buzz all over me and a knot in the pit of my stomach. I hate the feeling but love the exhileration when I finaly get out and sashay my butt into the shop. I don't think of it as adrenalin but it does make good sense.

KayleeDahl
04-29-2010, 10:05 AM
i think you are right... I've definitely felt that rush of hormones when crossdressing, and like any addiction, you need more and more to give you that high... I wonder if our body's giving us the positive feedback (hormone rush) is part of the reason that many start out with a pair of panties, and somewhere down the line are walking through a mall en femme...

Hugs
-Kaylee

suchacutie
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
This topic is really in the same framework as a couple active right now. I think that the adrenoline and endorphen effects are not trivial in the emotional rollercoaster all of us ride who continually switch genders ride. I also think this goes along with the ritual that most of us seem to have as we transform from one gender to another (I just realized that I have one in both directions!). It is exciting to explore our feminine selves, and that excitement is reflected in our biochemistry! When we get tired and lose that biochemical edge we often can't sustain the energy level necessary to stay en femme...but the more we fine ourselves en femme the easier it is to maintain and, thus, the longer we can sustain it since the required energy level is lower...until we encounter another exciting moment en femme to carry us forward!

I know that the very first times transforming completely to Tina were incredibly tiring! After a couple of hours my body and mind were exhausted. As time has gone on the enery level necessary for transformation has diminished letteing the energy level last for a longer time!

So, all this seems logical about the adrenoline and now that we are thinking about it maybe we can use it to our advantage? Maybe plant exciting adrenoline "bombs" every few hours to keep us going ??? :)

tina

suzy1
04-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I find I come home from work and am a bit tired and ready for the T.V. and a comfy chair. Then I start dressing and get flooded with energy. Its like some kind of drug.
It’s got to be the adrenalin or something?

SUZY

Sarah Doepner
04-29-2010, 02:40 PM
I can be barely staying awake on a slow evening at home, but as soon as I dress I seem to have plenty of energy. I don't know which particular hormone is providing that boost, but I like it.

sandra-leigh
04-29-2010, 04:05 PM
All of us that CD are adrenalin junkies whether we realize it or not. We love the high that adrenalin gives us and try to maintain that high as long as possible.

I rate fairly low on pretty much all of the traits associated with risk taking (http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200011/are-you-risk-taker) and novelty seeking. Not saying that I don't enjoy learning to ski down steeper and more complex hills (for example), but such things do not drive me. I don't even drive me -- bicycle, bus, or taxi, never even got my automotive learner's permit.

Intellectual stimulation...now that's a different matter.

I've had hypoglycemic shock at least once... just the wrong timing on some normal things I ate. The adrenalin released into my blood stream to bring down the insulin had me shaking and feeling like running around the block. It was [B]not fun[B]!!

I'm not saying that there is nothing to your theory, but the amount of adrenalin that I get out of cross-dressing is less and less -- the average person probably gets more by "jay-walking". True, any particular "new" cross-dressing might have a bit of an accompanying rush, but two or three times later it is "just something I do" and is more calming than anything.

Kate Simmons
04-29-2010, 04:20 PM
That kind of happens until one learns how to manage the feelings Tam.Then it's simply a matter of managing the energy levels by conscious choice.:)

Ronni Seymour
04-29-2010, 05:52 PM
I can be barely staying awake on a slow evening at home, but as soon as I dress I seem to have plenty of energy. I don't know which particular hormone is providing that boost, but I like it.

I have to agree with Sarah, as I find a similar experience. I do think it is the adrenaline, now that you mention it, Tammy. Never thought about it before, but it makes sense.

Deborah Jane
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't know about adrenaline rush, but crossdressing does give me an enormous sense of calmness. It makes the everyday crap seem less important :)

Lexine
04-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Come to think of it, I'm generally very perky when I'm in girl mode. Is it adrenalin or the thrill of being "caught?" Who really knows... I like the feeling though :)

lacie
04-29-2010, 06:23 PM
I never thought about the adrenaline aspect of dressing but it makes perfect sense. I definitely get a high from it that could be compared to riding down a big hill on a rollercoaster. I also get into a very relaxed state of mind like Deborah pointed out.

Jonianne
04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Tami, since you dress almost every day for work, is it still a high for you or do you just accept it as part of your daily job and strive to simply look your best enfemme?

Midnight Skye
04-29-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't get much of an adrenaline boost from my dressing anymore. I only know this because I'm a sprinter and learned some embarrassing techniques to force my adrenaline glands to dump, before a race. First couple times out... the adrenaline wouldn't stop till I hit the bed. :)

Huntress
04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Absolutely. H.A.L.O. jumps, motorcycle road racing, Porsche racing, and new Christian Louboutins all tickle my adrenaline meter. AND, usually CD'ing is safer. Just sayin'.

Huntress

Lynn Marie
04-29-2010, 10:18 PM
As many of us who have led semi-adventurous lives of adrenaline chasing, your premise seems to hold some water. Dressing is an adventure, and it is exciting, and it is draining. Just like skydiving without the ground rush or the $50 or so for altitude.