PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Got Busted by a Family Member

LeotardMan
04-29-2010, 11:59 AM
For the past few months I've been staying with my aunt who has no idea about my CD. Today she was out and I was doing my laundry, she came home for lunch and the washer stopped I did not hear it and she decided to move my stuff to the dryer and discovered at least 5 of my leotards. She asked about it and I simply responded it was none of her business. Nothing else was said and she left to go back to work. Now I have a feeling this is not the end of it and she'll say something else today, so I'm wondering how to deal with it later?

The thing that kills me that I knew I should of waited till later but no I had to be a dumb a$$

Thanks,

Geoff

Kiera79
04-29-2010, 12:09 PM
You may be in her home but you are you no matter what. I see no problem with it. She now knows explain it too her and just be honest. It is something to be worn under your clothes anyway.

Pink Pillow
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
This reminds me when my mother busted me! The night before, I thought it would have been nice to take a shower in this cute one piece I bought. I let it hang on the closest hook. Well, she decided to do some towels in the laundry. Just my luck, she found it. She woke me up the next morning holding it in her hand. Told me to get rid of it... I said I'll take care of it.

Since that day, she has never said a word to me about. I don't know if she even remembers.

About your situation though, if she's the conservative type- she might not ask into it any further. From your post, it seems obvious that you didn't want to talk about it to her, so she might respect that and wait for you to come to her first.

Good luck, girl. :)

KarenCDFL
04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi,

Telling her that it was none of her business sounds a bit rude to me to be honest. Especially since you are in her home and using her resources.

You could have just told the truth or put her off by a quick "we can discuss it later"

Kimmy55
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi,

Telling her that it was none of her business sounds a bit rude to me to be honest. Especially since you are in her home and using her resources.

You could have just told the truth or put her off by a quick "we can discuss it later"

Ditto.

joanieb
04-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes your partly right under normal circumstance it would be non of your Aunts business, as you should be allowed your privacy. But you are in her home and she is intitled to an explanation as she found your things in her space. Had she been snopping around, I might have a slightly different opinion. So having said that, I believe you were very RUDE to speak to her this way. You may have reacted out of embarasment (you shouldn't be), and you may not have had the words to explain your likes or passions.

Make an assumption here that she is a person who probably loves you and would do what she could to help you. I won't say man up here, but It's a good Idea for you to be self confident enough to know that you aren't doing anything evil and are not ashamed of who you are. Is it a little embarassing I know, but it would be very adult of you to have and adult conversation with an adult who is your family memeber and may only want to help you. The cats out of the bag, no make it right.

Stephenie S
04-29-2010, 12:33 PM
"They're for exercise, Auntie", Would have been a bit more polite.

Jenny Beth
04-29-2010, 12:44 PM
So now that you told her it's none of her business how do you think things will go from here? An apology would be a good place to start.

jennifer easton
04-29-2010, 01:10 PM
ditto Jenny Beth, that would be an exulant start an apology, and then you could start your explanation on new ground,this would no doubt get thing off on the right foot

Kiera79
04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
So now that you told her it's none of her business how do you think things will go from here? An apology would be a good place to start.

AMEN on that part. Apologize to days end if need be!!!!

Stephanie Miller
04-29-2010, 01:34 PM
WHEN you apologize (notice I said "when" not "if" ;) , I agree with the others ), you should use it as a time to come clean and also as a time to give her information on who/what a CD is. She is comming from a generation where the majority of people don't have the understanding because lack of material to learn from. Here is you chance to have a family member on your side. Don't let her use her imagination and think wrong thoughts.
She obviously loves you and wants the best - or you wouldn't have been invited there. You owe her that much.

Jamie48
04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I agree with Karen. You should have been honest & saved youself all the drama.

Persephone
04-29-2010, 04:33 PM
:iagree::yt:

Sheila
04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
yup an apology would be a great place to start, then perhaps a chat over a nice cuppa, made by you :)

AKAMichelle
04-29-2010, 06:59 PM
First off being a parent and having a son tell me that from time to time, you were being disrespectful to her. She asked a question and you bit her head off. Not to mention that you live in her house. Sounds like you need to apologize for your comments and figure out some way to tell her.

Honestly is the best solution to your problem.