PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitive neighbor

Teri Jean
04-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Yesterday after work I felt the need to work some more so I vacuumed and shampooed the truck. It was to get rid of old man winters presence. Anyway as I was finishing up I noticed my neighbor from across the street had come over and was looking at the "flower bed". Now my transition has been the talk of the neighborhood and she had spoke to me about it so here I am in a tank top, 42C, butt in the air and head down on the floor . Now she ask the cursory questions on the flowers and then pumped me about the transformation. She and her husband (prosecuting attorney) have lived in the neighborhood for a number of years and this seemed odd and yet sweet. Very supportive.

Now having these thoughts through the day I stopped for a take and bake pizza and ran into a co-worker from a previous employeer, (26 yrs ago), and struck up a conversation. In parting with our orders she gave me a huge hug and said I looked great.

It is these moments when one just has to sit back smile and share with her girl friends. :hugs::drink: Okay now go clean the bathroom. :eek: :tongueout

Teri

Miranda09
04-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Good for you Teri...I guess people ARE alot more open minded than they used to be. An encouraging sign, and I'd say you are a great representative for our community. :)

Sarah Doepner
04-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, now I know what to plan for if my neighbors ever come asking questions about my flower beds! Honestly Teri it sounds like life is treating you well since you made your decision. I hope that never ends and the smiles and chances to share positive moments with us continue for a very, very long time.

"Mary"
04-29-2010, 11:33 PM
That's so great Teri. I'm happy for you.

t-girlxsophie
04-30-2010, 01:31 AM
What a heartwarming story Teri,fair cheered me up as the rain batters at my window,hearing of your positive experiences.I hope your Transition goes well
:hugs:
Sophie xx

Sheila
04-30-2010, 01:53 AM
ain't it good to know that sometimes people really don't care other than in a nice way :) ............. when you have fiished cleaning our stairs could do with a bit of attention :D

Kaitlyn Michele
04-30-2010, 06:29 AM
fantastic Teri!!! so nice for you, more and more you can relax around your house!!:hugs:

Tomara
04-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Teri
It sounds like you have some pretty nice neighbors and it's great that they accept you for who you are.
I hope you continue to enjoy your feminine freedom and that everyone treats you well along the way.
Tomara

KayleeDahl
04-30-2010, 08:55 AM
It really is so great to know that peoples attitudes are changing, even if it is slowly.

Hugs
Kaylee

Teri Jean
04-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Shelia I would but the cost of the carry on carpet cleaner might be a little much. LOL

Thank you ladies for the reponses, it is great to know not everyone thinks we are crazy, besides ourselves I mean.

Hugs Teri