PDA

View Full Version : I can finally get my passport

pamela_a
04-29-2010, 09:34 PM
I wasn't paying attention and my old passport expired last June. Today in the mail I finally got the last thing I needed to apply for another one, a certified copy of my birth certificate. While I could have gotten one a long time ago I decided to wait for this one. My birth certificate now says on that day a Female named Pamela Christine was born to my parents.

mapletree
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
wow great
You sound so happy and that is great

Way to go

TerryTerri
04-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I was born in Texas and from what I've learned it's basically impossible to get the gender changed on a birth certificate. I'm pretty much stuck with a male birth certificate reagardless of what may happen to me (I'm not transitioning yet and may not, idk).

Congradulations on your correct birth certificate!!!
:Party2::Party2:

Kaitlyn Michele
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
:hugs:

Very happy for you pam

Now you are gonna be legal in timbuktu too

crystalann
04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Congratulations..... I got mine changed over to female before srs, now I'm dealing with New York trying to have my birth certificate changed to female, and they just want to make it hard and getting the run around!:sad:

kellycan27
04-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Congrats..One of my big milestones was getting my documents changed. I have all three now DL,BC and passport. We have arrived! :hugs:

kel

luvSophia
04-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Congrats Pamela! The best I can get is an amended birth certificate and I figured out yesterday that I am going to have to make the five hour drive up to Washington, D.C. to get it.

Sheila
04-30-2010, 03:37 AM
:w00t: congratulations Pamela, getting your new passport will be a great day :hugs:

Jorja
04-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Congratulations Pamela!
Now you are legal anywhere you go. Look out world!!!!

I filed for a return of my virginity with my new birth certificate, they just laughed at me :lol2:

Suzy Harrison
04-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Congratulations Pamela - a major milestone.

Although, in many ways, surely the ultimate step

:hugs: Suzy

pamela_a
04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Congrats Pamela! The best I can get is an amended birth certificate and I figured out yesterday that I am going to have to make the five hour drive up to Washington, D.C. to get it.
Mine is an amended certificate also. I was a little dissappointed when I saw the note on the bottom stating the First name, middle name and "Data item(s) other than the registrant's name or date of birth was amended.." But since my Dad's last name is spelled a little differently than how mine is it may not be obvious what else was changed.

All I know is it's great to finally have all if my documentation and identification correct. Everything is in Pamela's name and everything finally correctly says I'm female.

I filed for a return of my virginity with my new birth certificate, they just laughed at me :lol2:
Jorja, you get that with SRS