PDA

View Full Version : Purge Suggestion

Sarah Doepner
04-29-2010, 10:44 PM
If you do decide to purge, and I don't recommend it, and you don't want to put things in storage or share it with another crossdresser, please consider these options.

Wigs and Breastforms. Donate them to a local cancer support center for women undergoing chemotherapy or having had masectomies.

Clothing. There are programs, usually through shelters that try to get nice clothes for women attempting to get back into the workforce. It's probably not the place for your 5 inch heels and bondage wear, but we do seem to be pretty stylish and those things could help a woman in a needy situation.

In fact, even if it isn't a purge, you may want to take your culls to these types of programs. After all, if you take enough there will be plenty of room in the closet for that shopping you've been putting off.

mapletree
04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
good ideas I am learning the hard , hard way

t-girlxsophie
04-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Good Idea about the Wigs Sarah.Even though I have never Purged I have took a few Wigs to Cancer Charity in Edinburgh,where they condition old wigs and donate or sell them on,she has a few TG Customers too.Its always good to Do these things Instead of Just chucking them away and It helps someone with their self-esteem too

Jannette H
04-30-2010, 02:26 AM
What a wonderful idea.

Sheila
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM
We have 3 bags of clothes some of Debs, some of mine and some of the young un's that will go to charity places through the clothes recycle bins dotted around towns and cities in the UK

eluuzion
04-30-2010, 04:12 AM
I still think there may be potential for my "Purge-R-US" recycling centers, lol. You know, a few strategically located "donation centers" around the country (countries) that process the purging clothes sent in. Then they are shipped to various retail "consignment" or "resale" or "thrift" stores in larger cities, or re-sold online. How about "CD Vets of America"...?

Ok, I admit it...I am a capitalist. :D

It would be interesting to be a trash hauler for awhile, too, eh? Just think of the discards! no, wait ...nevermind, lol

Jodi
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't call mine a purge, but an occasional downsizing. That is going through my wardrobe to get rid of those items that I no longer wear. If something has not been worn in two years, it goes out.

For years, I would take the tings to Goodwill. About 3 years ago, I mentioned to the girls at the salon (where I get my manicures and pedicures done) about my downsizing. They asked that I just bring the clothing and shoes into the salon and let them go through the items. They love doing this. If something is not the right fit or style for them, they give it to one of their friends. Girls love getting nice, wearable clothing.

This past week, when I got my pedicure, I took three skirts, two pair of summer shorts and three necklaces to my nail tech. She was thrilled and liked everything. Three weeks ago, I took in 10 pairs of shoes and gave to another girl who wears the same size I do. She was equally thrilled with the shoes.

There are gg's out there who love to get items of clothing given to them. Don't throw out your unused clothes, shoes and jewelry. Give them to a gg. You'll have a friend for life.

Jodi

gabimartini
05-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't recommend purging either, but should anybody do it, these are very thoughtful suggestions! Good idea, Sarah, thanks for sharing!