PDA

View Full Version : First True Outing?

Pink Pillow
04-30-2010, 12:49 AM
I was curious to know, if you can still remember, where you first went out en femme? Did you just go shopping/chores or actually hit the scene? Any juicy stories to go with it or interesting details?

I personally want my first outing to be somewhere low light and semi-crowded, I think that'd be my most comfortable setting.

I've yet to leave the house myself in anything other than panties under my jeans! I'm getting more and more confident to just say the hell with it and go somewhere! It's just... once I get to my pinnacle it drops when I realize I have no one to go with, haha. Just scared of the stares I'm bound to get and it would be nice to have someone with me to keep me comfortable in my surroundings.

prene
04-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Sounds funny but they are both different.
1) I went on long walks on the trails or out on a run in Large sweats. Both times unless you were right next to me only I knew I was CD'ing.

2) I had a posting "Got a bite to eat and ". This was the first real time by myself I went out in public. I fould GG's are usually pretty nice and as long as you do not make a seen no-one else will.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127596

Good luck going out.

It can be fun.

t-girlxsophie
04-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Well I don't dwell too much on my first outing it was a Disaster,ending up with hospital visit and 16 stitches

My first real Sophie outing was amazing,a mixture of exhilaration,nervousness and downright fear,This was 9 years ago when I visited Crosslynx tv/ts Support group which meets in Glasgow LGBT centre,Even though I was in male mode,I must have walked a groove in the Pavement I paced up and down it that much before taking a deep breath and entering (my 1st gay establishment)
I met a cpl of the members and they put me at my ease,I got changed there,this was first time ANYONE had seen me dressed,and this was the beginning of my feminine adventures,I have never looked back.I still attend Crosslynx,as without It I wouldn't be where I am today:daydreaming:

Alicia.80
04-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Shopping for clothes / shoes, with my wife. Some of the store assistants laughed at and made rude comments about me; along with some of the customers... My wife got upset and was going to confront them, but I asked her not to and just finished trying on what I had in my cart, checked out and left. We never returned.

Lexine
04-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Happened this month. April 3rd. Went to Disneyland with a bunch of new faces and two of my closest friends. It was one of the best birthday parties I've had the pleasure of being a part of :). And it should be noted that the group I went with was comprised of goths and fetishists. I felt like the most normal person in the group!

Freddy12
04-30-2010, 06:26 AM
While I had gone out early in the morning to get gas at an all-night station with a wig and skirt, my first REAL time dressed as Freddy was shopping about 10 days ago. I went out with two other girls.

No stares, no bad comments - nothing notable. It was more of a non-event than I could have hoped for, except that I adored being dressed and out in the world.

Pink Pillow
04-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Oh, thank you ladies for the input. I'm very interested in what's going on upstairs as you're out n' about. I guess I just would like to prepare for the battle that will happen with my brain when D-Day comes.

Congrats and happy belated birthday, Alex! Interesting choice, haha. I laughed hard at the last comment you made! Reminds me of high school!

I'm glad you didn't let that experience ruin the rest of them, Alicia. And it sounds like you've got one badass wife. :)

And I've considered joining like a Meetup group or something around town. Perhaps the way Sophie went out would make me more comfortable. Just knowing that I won't be the only one being stared at is a relief.

tamarav
04-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Try not to look at your first outing as a battle. Practice and when you feel good about yourself take small steps. No need to confront then entire community the first time out. There is enough going on without having to make up excuses and run.

See if you can find someone else to go with the first time, it will save you a great deal of anxiety and give you some support. Once you have the idea down, and find that the world is not waiting for you to fail, you will find that outings are just like they were in male mode, just more fun while dressed.

Read other's stories and make sure you know what you are doing before leaving the hosue, like taking your keys with you and having escape plans just in case.

Just remember not to panic, most things can be worked out and you are not the first to be seen out in the world.

Midnight Skye
04-30-2010, 08:43 PM
I slipped a gear when I did my first outing. I picked up our prescriptions from the pharmacy. Daily products from Walmart. Food from the grocery store. And puppy dog collars from the dollar store.

This was all in the town I live in, but not where I work. But I moved here three years ago so I don't really know anyone. It was fantastic... and I've continued going out more and more ever since.

dilane
04-30-2010, 09:59 PM
First outing was a Halloween party with wife's work friends (none of whom knew me). It was my wife's idea that I go en femme. We both went as rennaissance women (remember Jessica McClintock?). On the way there we stopped at the house of a couple we knew and we had a good time showing off (and I discovered my male friend seems to like T-girls.)

I had a total ball at the party, even fooled some people. I also received some catty remarks from another cross-dressed (french maid) person who wasn't done up as well as I was. It really helped that nobody knew my boy side. I was 30. I was on a high for a good week after that.

Second outing was to a CD group, Powder Puffs of Orange County (now "of California") six years later. I was very nervous -- we were asked to enter the meeting room via the back entrance (so as not to walk through and shock the Holiday Inn patrons!). That's where I met more experienced and bolder friends who got me out into the "real" world.

One of those friends gave me the courage to go anywhere, which I've done ever since.

Daenna Paz
04-30-2010, 11:37 PM
First time really out was going to an underground goth / industrial club with a TS friend. Danced the whole night like fools. She encouraged and emboldened me, allowing me to go out in public without the fears that I had supposed I would have ... :eek:
I think if you have a friend or friends to support you, it truly helps calm the nerves.
Haven't looked back since ;^)

From all the posts I have read, there seems to be a great deal more trepidation than actual problems ... seems a lot of it is unfounded ... :heehee:

Tranny Tee
05-01-2010, 12:31 AM
The first time I went out was on Halloween 1993. I had a room in a hotel next to a gay bar. I dressed and went to the elevator, the door opened and to my relief the car was empty, it went down one floor and stopped. Two couples got in and smiled when they saw me but were nice to me. I went to the bar and had a good time in spite of myself. I was terrified most of the evening but still had a good time.
Going out the first time takes a lot of courage but it is worth it. The next time is easier and the time after that is easier yet. There is a wonderful world on the other side of the closet door.

windycissy
05-01-2010, 12:52 AM
It was in Chicago, almost twenty years ago but I remember it like yesterday, I was so nervous! I wore a black blazer, pink blouse, flowing skirt and pumps, got a nice smile from a good-looking guy on my way to the elevator, had a glass of Chardonnay at the Hyatt Regency and got "Missed" when I bought a newspaper, needless to say I was hooked for life...

april64
05-01-2010, 02:05 AM
good luck

Pink Pillow
05-01-2010, 02:59 AM
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]From all the posts I have read, there seems to be a great deal more trepidation than actual problems ... seems a lot of it is unfounded ... :heehee:

QFT! I -know- it's not going to be as bad as anything I'm imagining.

You all are making me blank out on how mine will play out. I think anywhere I can dance shall be fine. Ahh... :daydreaming:

skirtsuit
05-01-2010, 05:29 AM
For me, it depends on what you mean by 'out'. I first dressed outside the house at tgirl night at a local gay bar. Before I was fully 'out' I used to dress at the bar, doing the makeup & outwear in the bathroom.

I believe this experience really helped push me out the door for the first time. I live in a block of row houses in south Philly and don't own a car, so stepping out of the house means stepping directly into the city; the sidewalk is my front yard.

I stepped outside for the first time late last October, in the middle of a workday wearing a nice grey wool Ann Taylor skirt suit (what else!), hose and little white sneaks (uk-trainers) while carrying a nice pair of black pumps. I walked the 8 blocks to the subway and, like a salmon headed to its natal stream, went to the Ann Taylor store on Walnut st. where I got a warm reception from the staff. I've been having a great time since.

All the Best,
Ann / SS

Rianna Humble
05-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I had had a number of late night mini-outings to Asda (the UK arm of Walmart) where I wore a skirt & tee-shirt. On those occasions I was scared of being laughed at - yet in some ways that's what I thought I wanted.

Then I got up the courage to dress for a pedicure - wore flip-flops and a dress, but I covered them up until I had left my home town. I was excited but was still trying perversely to "shame" myself out of my need to cross-dress (instead I got hooked on pedi's)

Later, I went shopping near my work fully dressed but still no wig - see Best day out yet for me (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118893) though I covered up for work. I was quite afraid of what reaction I would get, but it worked out well.

Now, I go to work fully dressed if I'm on for one of the 3 days a week when we can "dress down". I just have to avoid a couple of people who could cause problems if they knew - but that won't last much longer as I have an appointment to see a doctor to get started towards transition.

HannahF6
05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Gosh my first time out en femme was so long ago. I started cross dressing as most of us do very young, like maybe 10 years old. I was outside almost immediately. My hair was fairly short but then a lot of girls my age had short hair. Didn't need to shave to go out, didn't need a bra, girls my age didn't need one. I just looked like a young girl and rased no attention at all.

Hannah