PDA

View Full Version : Tan line Time

eluuzion
04-30-2010, 03:21 AM
Summer is here, on some days, anyway.
It is time for all of us to do our part in supporting our Dermatologists...and get out there and sunbathe!

One of the easiest ways to create "breast imagery" is "strategic tanning", lol. (wearing a bra/swimsuit top, etc, while "tanning".) Unfortunately, it is not a "flexible" choice that you can just "wash off" at will. In for a penny, in for a pound on this choice....lol

I have a second story sundeck that is covered all around with canvas to allow nude whatever. Last year I began tanning with a bra on. Awesome results, but it does inhibit the ability to mow grass and do yardwork without a shirt. (neighbor factor).

I am curious as to how many of you sunbathe with a swim top on?

Nicki S
04-30-2010, 03:34 AM
I would love to have a bra tan line. I just have not worked up the courage to do this yet. As you said, it is not something that you just wash away.
I have however been out doing yardwork, vehicle washing while wearing a bra and womens tank top. So I do have tanned in strap marks.
Summer is long, so who knows. I might be tanning in a bra.

makin' it real
04-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Oh, heck. I just posted moments ago about possibly doing bikini tan lines this year, then I see your thread. I guess it's a not uncommon desire!

I've got a private backyard to tan in, and just bought a new Ujena bikini in a flattering cut and color. I'd love to have those lines branded onto my body. I've got just enough breast growth to have the triangle top lines naturally curve, and I've long thought tan lines were sexy. When I get to see bikini lines on other women, it's like I get to see their "secret" places. Having those lines on me would add to a sense of me having those "secret" places too.

But then there are those pesky other considerations. Things like, going camping with the guys over the summer is a lot of fun. Trying to explain glimpses of tan lines seen in a shared tent seems less fun. I enjoy receiving massages on occasion, but am not sure how willing I'd be to get a massage with a bikini emblazoned across my body. Then there's just the random activities in which guys are together without shirts on - at the pool, in a locker room after golfing, etc.

In all, I am highly ambivalent. I'd love to tan in the bikini, and there are some situations where the lines would be problematic. What's a girl to do when she still has to be a boy sometimes?

Chari
04-30-2010, 07:59 AM
IMO, some GGs love to have their bodies tan all year, and most agree that tan lines (white strap marks) become bothersome - especially when wearing strapless, off the shoulder, or low backcut sun dresses, etc. To have a smooth looking tan, these GGs find a sunny hidden place, undo their bra straps, and tan (front & back) au natural! True, bikini lines are a badge of femininity, but most prefer the complete tan look.

Stephenie S
04-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Oh absolutely. I go to great lengths to AVOID tan lines as it really restricts what you can wear. If I am outdoors I try to slip my straps down for at least SOME of the time.

Not all straps come in the same place. Go for an overall tan it's SO much easier. The difference between fantasy and reality is sometimes quite noteworthy.

The healthiest way to go is NO tan lines. Too much sun causes skin cancer. Just use adequate amounts of sun block.

Stephie

kellycan27
04-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Easy fix if you have privacy.............tan topless. That's what I do. :heehee:

JenniferR771
04-30-2010, 10:34 AM
So when you get your bikini tan please let us know how long it lasts--until you can go without a shirt again. We neeed to know. LOL! Would love to do this--but spouse is have a little trouble understanding the idea of cd.

Lorileah
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
love tan lines but I only get bikini lines. The breast forms stay flesh color so technically I o get tan lines there too. :)

Loni
04-30-2010, 11:30 AM
summer?? been way to cold and wet here.low 50's - mid 60's and it is supposed to be in the high 70's - low 80's this time of the year. was even snowed on yesterday.:eek: got one inch in a couple hrs.
and this is in California, go figure. if we get a heat wave up high in the mt's there will be flooding down in the valley.

but as for tan lines i will try to get a allover tan.:daydreaming:

Stephenie S
04-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I know! We just got over TWO feet of snow!

Teri Jean
04-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Kelly it can be that simple, LOL.

Teri

kellycan27
04-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Kelly it can be that simple, LOL.

Teri

For me it can, because i am full time and I can't walk around without a shirt on anyway, but I do like to wear those cute little off the shoulder tops and don't really care for the strap lines. I do like the thong lines..and so does my SO :heehee:

kimdl93
04-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Like Kelly, I prefer the little thong tan lines....the less the better. I spend some time every opportunity sunning or playing in the pool in one of my tiniest thongs or g strings. Fortunately, my wife is very comfortable with me wearing nothing more than a thong & a smile ;)

Nigella
04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Now we can tell its getting to be summer time in the northern hemisphere :)

Freddy12
05-01-2010, 06:58 AM
I would love to have tan lines. It would take more courage than I have. I'm not out at all, so it would beg questions - particularly from my SO. Tan lines say absolutely that you dress as a female.

Jennifer in CO
05-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Jennifer,
to answer your question on how long a tan will last. I don't usually wear a bikini out anymore, but I will wear a tankini or sports bra when out working in the back or close barn/pasture. Two years ago - it really wasn't that sunny but was hot so while I worked on the fence and then mowed, I wore a shorts/sports bra set. I burned after almost 5 hours out in the semi-overcast day. To this day, while not plainly "visible" I can still see the faint outline of the t-back between my shoulder blades and the bottom line across my mid- back. The time before that was about 5 years ago when I DID spend about 2 hours in the yard washing cars in a string bikini (top and bottom). That was mid-July and close to Christmas my wife finally said she couldn't make out the tan lines anymore

Jenn

Cassandra Lynn
05-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I frequent the tanning booths sporadically all winter long (no it's not unhealthy if done in moderation), and always do so nude, but i admit the thought of feminine tan lines is appealing. Now i wouldn't do it up top (cause i do go shirtless in guy time) but i do like the thought of bikini bottom lines. Only draw back is that sooner or later i will meet someone i care about and even though i've promised full disclosure, i'd rather find that we are physically compatible before having the talk. Would definitely be a topic of discussion for her unless the lights were off.
BTW, i tried a new product recently that is awesome, Nivea-Sun Kissed Legs lotion, has darkening agents and shave reducing qualities and smells devine. mj (Cassie)

Ediosa
05-01-2010, 11:52 AM
If you look at my profile you will see pictures of me going out to the beach and getting tanlines. The tanlines were there for at least 9 weeks and I was still able to see them a month more if you really look closely. I am dying to go to the beach again, but I am waiting for the end of summer to do it cause of that case.

sherri52
05-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Not this girl. It's too hard to keep everything on the lines after you get them

Fab Karen
05-01-2010, 05:08 PM
two words: skin cancer.

kellycan27
05-01-2010, 06:59 PM
two words: skin cancer.

Somethings gonna get ya one of these days..wouldn't life be boring if we never did anything that wasn't "good for us"? Look what happened to the jogging Guru, he dropped dead from a heart attack while............. you guessed it, JOGGING!

AllieSF
05-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I love the sun and am in it whenever I can be. Yes, I heard you Karen. Since I do a lot of guy and family things in shorts or by the pool, Ii need to consider my tan lines for the male mode reason and for my en femme mode. So, I try not to get any tan lines except for the bikini area. And actually, that is more like the boy-short area since I wear those daily and sometimes lay in the sun for a while in them too. Since I golf two times a week during the warmer months, that may have just arrived here (I hope!), I also work on eliminating the golfer tan lines on the upper arms, mid-thighs and on my feet where the booty socks and golf shoes cover my feet for a 4-5 hour stretch out on the course. I want to look good when dressed up as Allie with no visible tan lines.

jenna_woods
05-01-2010, 07:38 PM
i love tasnning, never thought of haveing a bra tan line, going to work on that thanks

stefanie
05-01-2010, 07:57 PM
bottoms yep....love it. Very sexy and appealing.

I don't do the top because of the guy factor and ability to wear different outfits.

makin' it real
05-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Two words: Vitamin D.

Okay, and a few more words: Our bodies make vitamin D from sun exposure. Higher vitamin D levels strongly correlate with lower cancer incidence rates. Getting burned = more skin cancer. Getting sun = less overall cancer. Sun responsibly, but we can still have fun in the sun!

RileyAnne
05-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I have always loved tanlines, would do it in a minute if I could. I spend to many days offshore shirtless to make it feasible.

caguy1989
05-02-2010, 01:17 AM
I wish I had the courage to do this! I have been wanting a bikini tanline for quite some time. Maybe I can finally get the courage to do it!

-Gina

RachelPortugal
05-02-2010, 01:35 AM
One word: NATURIST

Rachael

Fab Karen
05-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Somethings gonna get ya one of these days..wouldn't life be boring if we never did anything that wasn't "good for us"? Look what happened to the jogging Guru, he dropped dead from a heart attack while............. you guessed it, JOGGING!
I wouldn't use the word never. I do & have done( and quit ) some things which aren't good in high doses. Just not into turning my skin dark orange, and of course the whole premature aging thing that goes along with it.

Aaron Zwidling
05-02-2010, 06:14 AM
No one has mentioned the fake tan products on the market. They do look pretty realistic these days, and I actually used one of those products a few years back to create a bra top tan line on my chest. The stuff washes off after about one week so that is one way you can get the tan lines you want without being branded for a long period of time. If you do go that route if possible try and get some help spreading the lotion. The lines on my back didn't turn out properly because I couldn't easily reach back there.

Speaking to the point about how long real tan lines can last, several years back I was roller blading early in the summer and my legs got burnt. Thing is I was wearing knee pads and you could see the knee pad strap lines on my legs for the rest of the summer. If you looked closely enough you could still see them faintly the following year, so if any of you goes for a real tan be careful. You may have the marks longer than you want.

AKAMichelle
05-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I can't - I am still in the process of getting laser treatments for hair removal on the chest and back. Next year I can sunbath. I miss taking naps which being out in the sun.

amy canada
05-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Tan lines seem to last forever! I've had a forever tan line on my wrist where I wear my watch, even in the wintertime.

But yeah, I would think those fake tan products would help in blending in those tan lines. Maybe get a friend to help with the areas that you can't reach. Or try makeup. If it helps covering your face, then I'm sure it could cover the tan lines too. But I haven't tried makeup or fake tan products, so I really wouldn't know for sure.

Melinda G
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I prefer no tanlines at all.

nancy_babe4
05-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow, I've thought about it, but the guy mode prevents me from doing it. I own a sailboat and would love to wear girl clothes while on the water (I'm even passable at 1/4 mile away.....). :D But darn, I can't see anyway to get away with it.

Karren H
05-02-2010, 07:12 PM
The sun is evil! Bad. Bad bad bad. Run away.

Sedona
05-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Love tan lines, but avoid girly ones on my upper body, as I hit the lakes/pools with friends/family over the summers.

But, I do have thong tan lines going, which I think are sexy as heck. They do not fade easily, so I only have to hit the stand-up beds at the electric beach 5-8 times a year to maintain them. I have good genetics, so tan well and easily.

I understand the skin cancer debate, and have read much of the literature, it's just a risk I'm willing to take, but don't worry much about it, as I tan so infrequently and use sunscreen religiously outdoors, it's close to being a non-factor.

makin' it real
05-05-2010, 04:37 AM
The sun is evil! Bad. Bad bad bad. Run away.

Hahaha! Karren, that reminds me of a story a friend told me. Her kids were born and raised in Seattle, an area known to support your views. When they were about 7 and 10, she and her husband took them out camping. Apparently, the sun came out the first morning and the kids ran around screaming, "What is it?! Make it stop!!!"

Kids. :facepalm:

I'm so glad to be out of Seattle and down in CA. You don't tan up there, you rust!

eluuzion
05-05-2010, 05:07 AM
Yep, dermatologists are right. They warn us...we do it anyway.

A lot of people warned me about gold-diggers and getting married, too. Yes, I did it anyway. Yes, I paid an extremely high price for the mistake(s).:heehee:

Life is full of battles, you just have to choose the ones you want to fight...:love::

christina marie
05-05-2010, 07:44 AM
just started two weeks ago and can honestly say that shirtless will not be an option for me this summer!

Annie M
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I have found that even with out sun bathing, just wearing my jog top and forms everyday for the past couple of weeks I'm getting tan lines.

tonya2
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh yes, the sun is out and I got my yearly parking pass last week for the beach, H.B. Been out there everyday walking and running for an hour and then another hour of sun. Have always worn a speedo most of my life and now I want to sun in a string bikini, but the surfer duds are famious for making remarks at the beach, have to be careful. Have to stay with the speedo I guess, even that draws strange looks, but not as much. The only other option is not an option. Would love to wear a tiny top but that will have to wait for a private backyard. Well, time to hit the beach,:)

Tonya

Alice Green
05-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Maybe some of you can help me, I was thinking of tanning, at a tanning booth, but I don't want tan lines, I've never been, is it ok to get tanned with out tan lines, aka all natural?

kellycan27
05-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Maybe some of you can help me, I was thinking of tanning, at a tanning booth, but I don't want tan lines, I've never been, is it ok to get tanned with out tan lines, aka all natural?

Yes, you are in a private room, just be careful to cover your privates lest thet don't burn... also make sure to tell them that you aren't used to it so they can set up a time limit for exposure.

Alice Torn
05-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Must be so cool, because of all that global warming! Farmer tan, on wrists, hands, and arms. I tried fake tan stuff, and it works ok.

eluuzion
05-06-2010, 04:06 AM

If you are asking if it is "legal"...yes, you can do it, most do.

I never use "tanning booths". In Colorado, I can sunbathe year round outside, if I want to. All that is required is a wind block. But the main reason is that there are as many health hazards in those places as there are in natural sunlight. Particularly sanitation/hygiene issues. I am a germ freak to a certain degree. I would never visit one of those facilities...that's just me...

Staci G
05-06-2010, 05:47 AM
I'd love to explain that tan line to the wife:eek: aint gonna happen here. Although it is a good idea.

jettjenny
05-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Panty tan lines are the only thing that is neihbor / yard work safe, (for obvious reasons). Anyone have thong tan lines on the butt? :daydreaming: Thats the way to go. Enjoy

eluuzion
05-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Panty tan lines are the only thing that is neihbor / yard work safe, (for obvious reasons). Anyone have thong tan lines on the butt? :daydreaming: Thats the way to go. Enjoy

yep, I have those too! I just flew to Vegas last month to undergo surgery to repair an inguinal hernia. I am standing in the surgery prep room in my booties, "shower" cap and backless "gown". The surgery assistant walks in and hands me one of those razors with the shave gel in it. She begins instructing me on how to shave my genital area for surgery. I raised my hand a bit, and interrupted her by saying..."Save that razor, as you will soon see, I am already all over that one!" She just smiled and said, "Great. you sound like you are really prepared!".

Good news is, I was waking up about 45 minutes later and missed whatever expressions and comments went down when they took off the robe during surgery. I am sure they were "impressed", lol.

and yes, one of the first things I did was check to make sure "it" was still there...it was...lol

:love:

Melinda G
05-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Wow, I've thought about it, but the guy mode prevents me from doing it. I own a sailboat and would love to wear girl clothes while on the water (I'm even passable at 1/4 mile away.....). But darn, I can't see anyway to get away with it.
I've sailed many times in sandals, chemise, or teddy, etc. Just keep a tee shirt and shorts handy in case any other boats get too close.
Also beware of boaters with binoculars. I was out sailing naked one time, when I saw another sailboat off in the distance. I whipped out the binocs just to check out the other boat, and some guy was also sailing naked all by himself. I altered course, to pass a good half mile behind him.
The only thing better than sailing en femme, is sailing naked. The sun. The wind. All over! Lie is good.:D