PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to go out tonight, but not sure where to go.

SandraAbsent
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Well now that I have opened the can of worms I really have the itch to go out. I live in NW Ohio and went to a LGB club last night, and although it was fun to be out dressed, I was the only CD there (or so i think) and didn't seem well received. Anyhow any suggestions for a Saturday night from the girls in Ohio and Michigan. Don't want to drive too far though.

StaceyJane
05-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Go do what you would regularly do on a Sat night.
It would be much more fun to do it en femme.

AllieSF
05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, sometimes the night of the week can determine who and what type of personalities come to a gathering place. So I would not write off the club that you went to last night based on just one experience, which appeared to be not that bad for you. You may have just been a little nervous and actively but unconsciously looking for negative reactions, when there might not have been any at all.

I went with my friend Michelle from this site out for dinner Thursday night. After dinner we went to the Lexington Bar a noted lesbian hangout in San Francisco to check it out. On walking into the place it was immediately obvious that this was different from all the other lesbian bars that I have been to. It was old small, typical corner neighborhood bar type with a distinct flair. First off was the one-legged dyke with tattoos everywhere and red spiked like a Mohawk hair who was playing pool on a table that took up almost the total front entryway. She was the first to greet us with a great smile and friendly attitude. We strolled to the bar and immediately got into a lively conversation with the lesbian bartender and were then quickly introduced to her FtM boyfriend who turned out to be a San Francisco cop. As part of our over one hour conversation with him, he informed us that the crowd changed drastically on Fridays and Saturdays. During the week the place had the locals and was open to everyone strangers, whatever. However, on the weekend when it really got crowded the attitude of the newer less local crowd was more restrictive even to their fellow lesbians. After talking with several other people in the bar, both Michelle and I felt that we would be welcomed back there any night.

So, I would recommend that if you feel safe there and you do not have many other easy options, then try to become a regular at the LGB club (you could be adding that missing "T". I would guess that if you are open friendly and honest with everyone, you will be accepted and will start to meet and make some new friends. I would always start with the bartender who knows just about everything that is happening. Once accepted by the bartender, you will have someone to cover your back and maybe even give you a heads up regarding a potential problem before it becomes a real issue. Good luck.

renee k
05-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Well now that I have opened the can of worms I really have the itch to go out. I live in NW Ohio and went to a LGB club last night, and although it was fun to be out dressed, I was the only CD there (or so i think) and didn't seem well received. Anyhow any suggestions for a Saturday night from the girls in Ohio and Michigan. Don't want to drive too far though.

Hi Sandra,

How about heading north on I-75 and coming to Motown. Check out GiGi's on a saturday night. PM me if you want more info on how to get there.

Renee