PDA

View Full Version : Being an "out" TG seems to have more benefits than struggles.

Nicole Erin
05-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I say "TG" cause I am somewhere between CD and TS. Yeah anyways...

Like many, I sometimes get stupid looks or rude-ass comments. Usually from idiots.

Well, I am out to family, and they don't have any problems. My own mother sometimes helps me with things related to TG. If we go somewhere, I can be dressed up and she has zero problems.

At school, I have made good friends with this lady who is actually my age. Cool thing is, she helps me with stuff, has decided on a new hairstyle for me. Being how we are cosmetology students, it is perfect. Yesterday she gave me a bottle of Mac liquid foundation cause she bought one for herself that was too dark, but it works on me perfect. (Yes ladies, Mac IS as good as everyone says, God help me but I like it better than even Mary Kay)

yesterday also we were talking about how to set up a salon, latest class project, and she said a diverse staff would bring diverse clients. She said, "We could have like a punk rock stylist, tu wong fu, this that..." I snapped my fingers and said in a gay male voice, "that's right bitches, got your trahnny right here" :heehee: She has made going to school much more pleasant, it is going to be a sad day when she moves away. :(

There is an added benefit of being out that you can dress how you feel and not have to hide anything. Sometimes I still feel some apprehension and think "Well, some people might make stupid comments but life goes on".

I do understand some of us might not be in a position where we can just come out to the world. Right now I am divorced, living with a relative, and don't have this great job to lose. All I have to do is watch my back lest some hardcore hater "reads" me. Always the haters...
I say though if you don't have anything really to lose, why not get out there?
Tends to vanquish the "ponk fog" a bit but it is still a lot of fun
Erin

AllieSF
05-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Good advice Nicole. You can now see the wisdom from that old saying that from a crisis comes opportunity or from hard times come good things. The hardest part most of the time is to recognize the opportunity and then take advantage of it. Good luck and keep on enjoying your new life.

Sheila
05-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Nicole, a lot of the time it is only fear itself that stops us doing what we need to do in our lives, GG, GM, CD, TG teen, old person etc etc, once we conquer the fear, we realise that living is easier than we thought :)

Glad you are enjoying school and getting on with your life :hugs:

Kate Simmons
05-02-2010, 02:41 PM
When one sees even perceived disadvantages as opportunities to turn into advantages to work for one's self, it's evident that one has the gumption and "moxie" to be successful. Sounds like you have a good headstart on that Nicole.:)

Midnight Skye
05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Personally Nicole. I can't do anything but agree. I hate the complexities a dual identity brings forward. And I love nothing more to be entirely out as TG female. It seems like it would be so much easier as presentation and confusion is concerned, minus all those job issues... hateful people... and awkward moments ;)

Miranda09
05-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Way cool Nicole. It's good to see that you have a good support group and an opportunity explore your femme self unencumbered by fear. There will always be that small group of "haters", but then, every group encounters them. :)

Katesback
05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
You go girl!

You are on the road to self acceptance. One tidbit.....I doubt there are that many haters out there. As long as you act like any other girl people wont care much about what ya do.

Tomara
05-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi Nicole
I have to agree with Kate , self acceptance is one of the important keys to leading a happy and peaceful life.
Enjoy your freedom !
Tomara

AKAMichelle
05-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Even those that have something to lose can get out there. What wrong with going to another town for an extended weekend? To go out to eat with other cd'ers. See a movie. Shop of course.

Who is going to know you in another town? Get out there.