PDA

View Full Version : The mirror

Kate Simmons
05-04-2010, 06:45 AM
They say what is on the outside reflects what is on the inside. What do you see when you look into the mirror? Does it make you happy or sad? Why or why not? What would you do to change the image you see looking back at you? This is mostly with respect to female image but can apply to overall image as well.:)

Wen4cd
05-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Mirrors are a beloved subject. :D

A peek into one can give you a guage on your current state quickly.
Just be open to the subtle emotional reaction form the subconscious.

Even if you get the joke on duality, the feedback reaction will usually, and notably, be either positive or negative. You'll either like or dislike what you get back from the mirror, you'll get a sense of health or unwellness.

And it will amplify on its own feedback given a moment or two, unless you are quick at unconsciously repressing emotion, and instead focusing on that 'one stray brow hair' instead of the total feel.

Mirrors reflect certain energy too.

christina marie
05-04-2010, 07:28 AM
i see the girl who has kicked me out of my own head,and is slowly taking over my life.its ok though,i could use a break. . .

kimdl93
05-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Hmmm, I see myself, thinking - hmmm, not that bad...but wish I could get rid of those bags under my eyes!!!

Nicole Brown
05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
When I look into a mirror I see the person I want to be, not just the person I am trying to be. Nicole makes me very happy and gives me reason to want to look better as her. She has literally taken me over and I so long to be her all of the time.

Anything that I would want to change about the image I see in the mirror could be accomplished with FFS.

Deborah Jane
05-04-2010, 08:35 AM
When I look in the mirror I see the latest stage of a work in progress. Sometimes I like what I see, othertimes I can see where I still have work to do in my neverending quest to see the me I someday hope to see.

StacyCD
05-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Unfortunately, when I look into the mirror I still see all of the 'flaws'. My presentation has improved a lot but I still see a work in progress. I don't know if I will ever reach the 'destination' but I no longer obsess with the idea of passing 100% of the time. I just want to be treated according to my gender presentation at the time.

hoseinok
05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I am happy when I look in the mirrior eventhough I am far from perfect.

AKAMichelle
05-04-2010, 11:26 AM
When I ask who is the fairest in the land, the mirror laughs at me.

There is a girl there somewhere. Sometimes I can see her come out, but other times I see just same ole me.

crystalann
05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
They say the mirror never lies, but it must. I look in it and still see my old self but others all they see is female. So maybe it's our own eyes that do the lying?:2c:

Jessy
05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Maybe it's all those years every day looking at my male reflection, getting it burnt into my mind? When I look in the mirror, I always see me and often have trouble seeing myself as a woman. Still, I see more happiness in that image, than my normal daily life guy image...

MargaretJ
05-04-2010, 02:50 PM
All my mirrors must be rose tinted, as I always seem to look and feel good about my femme half. Photographs however, have a habit of showing the reality. I suppose thats why photoshop was invented :D

Jilmac
05-04-2010, 03:08 PM
As a guy, throughout my entire life, I always considered myself an ugly duckling and my comment to the image looking back at my from the mirror was AARRGH! That's one reason why I sported a full beard for almost 38 years. Since coming out to the world (and losing the beard) I love the feminine image looking back at me :love: and the male image isn't all that bad either :thumbsup:

Frédérique
05-04-2010, 04:13 PM
They say what is on the outside reflects what is on the inside. What do you see when you look into the mirror? Does it make you happy or sad? Why or why not? What would you do to change the image you see looking back at you? This is mostly with respect to female image but can apply to overall image as well.

“Tinsel is really snakes’ mirrors.” (Steven Wright)

I see myself, whether I’m dressed or not, made-up or not. It’s amusing and sad at the same time, an unrelenting exhibition of realistic countenance. I’m looking old these days, and nothing can be done about it. Of course, “old” is a relative term, and I often dwell upon the scientific properties of light as I gaze at the mirror. The observation of reflected light is my chosen profession, after all, so I’m fascinated by all images and imaging. This fleeting glimpse of an aging actress lets me know I still exist, but for how much longer? If I could change the image before me, I would revert to an earlier (younger) version of myself, but then I would spend way too much time studying my new visage. I wouldn’t be too fascinated, mind you, mainly because it’s all just reflected light…:battingeyelashes:

Kate Simmons
05-04-2010, 04:28 PM
I think it all has some kind of purpose. If we had microscopic vision for instance rather than macroscopic vision, we would only see atomic particles racing around one another in a particular pattern rather than a body when we look into the mirror. If that were the case when we make ourselves look better, we would really be just rearranging the atomic particles rather than tweaking our appearance to look better. It's really how you look at things I guess.:battingeyelashes::)

carhill2mn
05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I like what I see in the mirror after I have completed my "transformation".

Karren H
05-04-2010, 05:17 PM
In male mode I really try not to look into them.... because the old looking guy in the mirror is not the yourng one inside.... Enfemme I can't stay away from them.... inside and out we are one..... I always happy.... but my happiness is independent of the clothing I wear...

msginaadoll
05-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I see someone who looks like my mother and sister. I guess I see the female version of the man I am

Lexine
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I see a girl who's totally upset when her brother had that Grilled Cheese Bacon Six Dollar Burger the night before, and is now asking him to work it all off the next few days so that she can lose three pounds.

*sigh* And I thought not being in a relationship was heavenly. Now I gotta deal with a girl who just won't leave me alone... ME! :)

BLUE ORCHID
05-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I see someone who looks like my mother and sister. I guess I see the female version of the man I am

Sometime I think I am looking at a picture of Mom or my younger sister.
.................................................. ............ORCHID

EnglishRose
05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
For the first time recently I saw someone with a big nose, bit of a pizza face, but I still saw myself as female for the first time to match how I feel inside. Cried a bit that night. :)

kellycan27
05-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I like what I see.... you have to. lol

Miranda09
05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
When I look into the mirror, I see someone completely new, yet so familiar, so much so that it always brings a smile to my face. It helps me to appreciate both sides of my personality...my male side, as I can come and go as I please, and my female side, which is a big secret to everyone. Sometimes, it's fun having a secret identity! :) It is funny tho that in my male mode, I don't pay too much attention to mirrors, but in femme mode, I can't get away from them. Yes, I know it's vanity, but who cares!!!! :D

Barbara Dugan
05-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I love my mirror and everytime I see myself all dressed and sometimes not that dress, Make me very happy and I cant stop smiling:hugs:

MrKunk
05-04-2010, 11:06 PM
So far my dressing has been modest, mostly tights and swimwear. But when I look into the full length mirror in my room it is still sort of new to me to look at myself like that.
I ussually think to myself this can only get better.

Joanie_Shakti
05-06-2010, 10:38 PM
A lot of times, I don't like myself when I look in the mirror, I even give myself the bird on occasion. This happens in male mode. I'm more loving of myself in female mode, though sometimes I laugh at what I see in the mirror then.

Last night, I plucked my eyebrows for the first time. I was holding my head at a certain angle and just for an instance, I saw the female face that I have pictured in my mind as my ideal! As soon as I was aware of it, it was gone, but it was exciting to see the glimpse of her. :daydreaming: