PDA

View Full Version : Make Up Envy

MargaretJ
05-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Well I found another reason to be envious of women last week, that I hadn't really thought about before, Make Up. Since I started getting more serious about cross dressing over the last few years, I have come to appreciate how much effort the GG's must put into theirs. Over the years, with a bit of trial and error, I have become pretty good at applying make up, to my own satisfaction at least. I have recently been trying to master the "V" of the eye, and shading and highlighting the cheeks, using the vids on youtube. Last week in a moment of boredom, I decided to have a practice session with the make up, but without getting all femmed up, just in guy clothes. It was a good session, still needs a bit of practice, but I'm getting there. Anyway, I had done everything I was going to do, and took a look at the overall effect. I was quite happy with the results, but was unprepared for the thought that popped into my head. I actually wished that I could wear make up in guy mode. The change in my face and colouring was so different from my plain self, and projected more of how I actually feel, than how I normally look. I had never thought of this before, but now I wish it was the norm for guys to wear make up. Then again, do I really want to get up an hour earlier in the morning to paint my face, while still half asleep. :daydreaming:

Deborah Jane
05-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Margaret, I absolutely love doing my makeup, it's one part of the whole transformation process I really enjoy. It's quite common for me to experiment and try differant looks just by doing things slightly differantly to see how it turns out.
I tried the makeup in guy mode idea once and for me it definately didn't work, so even if I could wear makeup as a guy, I wouldn't. [So unless I'm being Debs, I get an extra hour in bed :D]

Kate Simmons
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
As with anything, practice makes perfect (more or less). Makeup is no exception. After awhile we learn how to make less work for the better. It's a bit of this and a bit of that but it's mostly the part of ourselves we put into it that makes it all work.:)

kimdl93
05-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I have been getting a little better makeup - practice, as Denise says - does help. I do occassionally go out with a little something on my face - especially in the evening. Even in male mode, I think I look better when I cover up the dark bags under my eyes, smooth out the color and get rid of the ruddy spots. Honestly, I don't know how many people notice the mascara...I keep that really subtle...but I love seeing my lashes!

carhill2mn
05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I agree! Putting on my makeup is an enjoyable activity and not a hardship. I love seeing the change that makeup can accomplish. It usually takes me less than 10 minutes (not counting shaving) unless I make a big mistake that I must correct. I put on my makeup every time whether or not anyone else will see me.

Karren H
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I love makeup!! But seriously if I HAD to do it every day I think I would change my tune.... Ya... I'm lazy!!

Lexine
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
When I was starting off I was worried that I would feel like an idiot, trying to pair different cosmetics, etc but thanks to the fact that I have GG friends they've helped me find my "look" and it was only a matter of "practicing" putting it on. Heck, even my guy friends even said that I've gotten really good at putting on makeup and it's been like what... a month and a half since I learned?

I'm with Karren about makeup though... as much as I like concealing some stuff on my face, I wouldn't want to do it daily!

TNRobin
05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
This may sound strange, but a good way to learn about make-up is through such magazines as Seventeen or other magazines aimed at teenage girls. They're at a point in life where they're learning as well.

One thing that you will notice though is that there is no semblence of organization contained within at all. It makes me wonder just how flakey a young girls mind really is!

Madilyn A.
05-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I love putting on make up. I don't think I could ever get tired of putting it on. Experimenting with colors, looks, heavy, light, red, pink, dark, light, brown, black. How could anyone tire of the possibilities ? I think I just talked myself into putting some make up on. See ya.....

sherri52
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi Margaret, I don't always do my makeup when I'm home alone but if it were accaeptable on men I would be getting up the hour earlier.

Lesi
05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Margaret, I often find myself trying new makeup tricks on my eyes, or applying it differently when I am in "guy mode". I look at it as pratice so I am ready when I am doing my whole face. I did try different things when I was getting ready, with regret because I didn't like the look or I had to start all over (big waste of time)! I've also tried to add a little color to my brows or put on mascara with some powder as a male. Not often but I did.

MrKunk
05-04-2010, 10:58 PM
If I were going to start wearing makeup it would be in modest amounts, and only either in the privacy of my own home or with my buddies that already know and without anyone I do not want to know around.

Persephone
05-05-2010, 01:34 AM
You look absolutely gorgeous in your avatar, Margaret, and it sounds like you are really doing great with makeup! I too am sorry that I can't wear much of it in guy mode, but I've found a solution -- I'm only a "guy" when I have to be, then I return "back home" to girl world as quickly as possible!

I have found that I seem to be able to "get away with" mascara and a wee bit of eyeshadow en drab, so maybe you can too.

I agree! Putting on my makeup is an enjoyable activity and not a hardship. I love seeing the change that makeup can accomplish. It usually takes me less than 10 minutes (not counting shaving) unless I make a big mistake that I must correct. I put on my makeup every time whether or not anyone else will see me.

I understand how looking really great for a special evening can take an hour, but for everyday wear I have to agree with Carol, after a while it's 10 to 15 minutes and out the door.

I apply my foundation right after shaving, usually Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer with sunscreen, using a sponge wedge. It sets while I'm getting dressed. I usually don't apply blush or powder, but you could, just before slipping on your top.

Once dressed, I do two tones of eye shadow, liquid liner, mascara, tinted brow gel, lipliner and lipstick, finish my hair, and I'm done.

Keep practicing and looking for shortcuts, girl, and you won't need an extra hour!

Hugs,
Persephone.