PDA

View Full Version : I came out...to my dog!

windycissy
05-04-2010, 07:18 PM
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was worried about how my new pup would react the first time he saw me dressed as a girl...I needn't have worried, as soon as I fed him he loved me! It's a bit of a challenge walking a dog in a skirt, the leash gets tangled around your legs, but there's nothing like the unconditional love of man's - and woman's - best friend :D

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0db25b3127ccefa5cac00306600000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

aggi123
05-04-2010, 07:30 PM
LOL! I love it! The first thing I ever came out to was my dog way back when when I was still in middle school. I sat down next to him and just told him. Lol if he really had noticed, he definitely would have known by then because I'd done it for years around him! I miss that dog :(

Charleen
05-04-2010, 07:33 PM
My 2 don't think twice about how I'm dressed. As long as I love 'em, feed, 'em walk 'em and scratch 'em they're cool!

sherri52
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok Cissy, now that the dog knows; who's next.

TGMarla
05-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'm out to all my dogs, too. They seem to love me anyway. Go figure.

Jannette H
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm out to both of our dogs. Nothing new to them

Tranny Tee
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
My cats hate me no matter how I'm dressed.

Wen4cd
05-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I too enjoy the company of my dog in both 'modes.' :D

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/fiennaf/doggie.jpg

Moar dog pictures plz!

Midnight Skye
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Too funny Cissy! My littlest dog adored it when I first dressed up. She got soooo excited. She'd always bounce up and down like crazy when she saw me in my wig and heels. Ironically she looks a lot like your dog! Ours is a terrier mix of some sort. I love our mutts!

Brandi Wyne
05-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, if the dog pees in your laundry basket, it might give a clue. LOL

andrearocks
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Dogs are so understanding! Congrats!

AllieSF
05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Congratulations on your new dog. Now where were you walking it, and did you know that everybody likes to talk to whoever is walking a dog! It is like a magnet. Now, I am out to my cat. She is finally used to it, but at the beginning she couldn't figure what was happening when the transformation was taking place. Of course, she always pays me back and gifts me way too many cat hairs on all my outfits. Such is life!

PretzelGirl
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Careful. Now that you told one dog, he will tell the others in the neighborhood and before you know it, they will all know. Dogs can't keep secrets!

StaceyJane
05-04-2010, 10:44 PM
My dogs had a few questions but overall they have been very understanding.

Nicole Erin
05-04-2010, 10:45 PM
I too enjoy the company of my dog in both 'modes.' :D

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/fiennaf/doggie.jpg

Moar dog pictures plz!

That is a pit bull yes? Good dogs.
I have never seen that much fear in a pit bull's eyes. :heehee:

Now about coming out to your dog, people, your dog doesn't care how you dress, dogs know us by the smell of our crotch, not by the clothes we wear.

AKAMichelle
05-04-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm glad the dog was so accepting. :D

Jessy
05-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Every time my cats see me as a girl, they're totally shocked flying all over the place, until they either hear my voice or let me close enough to smell my hand. They don't like "strangers" a lot. The way they look at me with their eyes wide open is just hilarious every time :lol2:

Wen4cd
05-04-2010, 11:09 PM
That is a pit bull yes? Good dogs.
I have never seen that much fear in a pit bull's eyes. :heehee:

That's a black German Shepherd actually. He was a puppy then, and his huge bat-like ears hadn't come up yet. They're like wolves with the floppy-pup-ear thing.

And that's not fear either. It's the deep intelligence and instinctual compassion for all small, soft, protectable, and herd-able things that the utter example of canine perfection that is a German Shepherd dog exhibits naturally.

That, and, he just saw himself in my floor mirror, and didn't realize there were two of him. Come to think of it, that mirror did the same thing to me as well. Maybe it's haunted?

lauraabdl
05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes I'm out to both of my dogs. They do act somewhat different as they don't like jumping up on my dresses, thank god, there nails would just destroy some of my lace skirts and some of my lace petticoats.

Pink Pillow
05-04-2010, 11:37 PM
...only thing I can say is my dog has seen -way- too much. I'm glad she has unconditional love.

Guess that's why I love dogs more than people. >.>

Diane Smith
05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Your pup is adorable.

My dog doesn't much seem to notice or care about what I'm wearing. I've never gotten a compliment from him on my outfit or shoes, even in doggie-speak. And to my disappointment, he always recognizes me no matter how different I look. But he's a good friend, so I forgive him for it. :)

- Diane

suchacutie
05-04-2010, 11:43 PM
In male mode I'm not a dog person and our little dog is a bit aprehensive of the "alpha male" in the house, deep voice and all.

But, this little dog just LOVES Tina! Tina walks out of the bedroom and her tail could generate electical power! Ok, Tina likes the dog as well, but it is just amazing the different way this dog acts toward my two gender presentations?

It really made me feel that maybe I am finally separating my genders somewhat :)!!!

tina

Lover girl
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I have all of you beat!!!!! hands down/ slam dunk!!!!!! Dogs may talk to other dogs and cats might talk to other cats.....BUT I have an african gray parrot. Parrots can talk to people and clearly. My parrot has a 3 hundred word vocab. He talks so good that you can't tell if its a person talking or the bird. He's fooled lots of people. Including myself and other family members. Can anyone out there top that....I didn't think so!!!

Stacy L
05-05-2010, 12:23 AM

WOW, Cissy, now the whole doggone neighborhood will know!
:doh:

:)

sterling12
05-05-2010, 01:47 AM
At first your Dog will seem to be Accepting. But, in a few weeks , or a few years, she will decide your not The Stud Dog that she fell in love with.

All of your relations will change, she's going to go down To The Pound and "Annul" her Rabies Tags and License.

Pretty soon you will be back on This Forum bemoaning your Plight! "I just can't get A Dog, who will accept Windy." "I get in a Relationship, get their shots, get them Spayed, and then when I tell them, they Run Away!" "Think I'll try a Mixed-Breed, they aren't as tempermental, they are supposed to be more accepting!"

In Life, all of us have many Crosses to bear!

Peace and Love, Joanie

MissKara
05-05-2010, 02:00 AM
I was the same when I first started dressing. My dog seemed to recognise who i was easily and didn't seem to mind at all :) I guess it's also the scent. Even if you dunk your body in a vat of perfume, they could still probally know who you are :)

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Annalise
05-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Lol I thought this was cute because it reminded me of my pup. When I first walked out of my room dressed he kinda tilted his head like "huh?" for a second lol then he came up all happy for the usual little hugs he ggives me realizing it was still me lol :)

eluuzion
05-05-2010, 03:49 AM
Dogs operate on scent and non-verbal cues, verbal if it is a recognized voice. The only noticable reaction might be seeing you dressed at a distance initially, if you are out of scent range, or a foreign scent happens to accompany seeing you from a distance, or you have another animal scent on you. (which would typically only produce curiosity). You will always be "you" to your pet, whether crossdressed or in a clown suit.

Be advised that some dogs (male) will pee on things you bring into the house for the first time, particularly if it has the scent of a foreign dog on it, and not much of your own scent yet. (territory marking). (extremely jealous spouses and such may have the same tendency, lol).

Sheila
05-05-2010, 05:14 AM
Debs is not only out to the dog, but very, very much loved by him :)

112580 112581 112582

victoriamwilliams1
05-05-2010, 06:45 AM
All a dog wants is attention, a walk and a few meals and they do not care how your dressed sometimes:)

I had a neighbors dog run from me dressed!

My cats hate me no matter how I'm dressed.

Cats have a strange independent temperament.

My dogs had a few questions but overall they have been very understanding.
At least they understood:)

Karen7cd
05-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Mine has to smell me all over.... everytime

windycissy
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I have all of you beat!!!!! hands down/ slam dunk!!!!!! Dogs may talk to other dogs and cats might talk to other cats.....BUT I have an african gray parrot. Parrots can talk to people and clearly. My parrot has a 3 hundred word vocab. He talks so good that you can't tell if its a person talking or the bird. He's fooled lots of people. Including myself and other family members. Can anyone out there top that....I didn't think so!!!

I'd worry about that parrot! With that vocabulary, he might say, "He's in a dress! She's not a girl!"

No worries about my dog outing me, he loves women's clothes as much as I do:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0db24b3127ccefa5e5dd4287e00000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

DinaMature
05-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Every time my cats see me as a girl, they're totally shocked flying all over the place, until they either hear my voice or let me close enough to smell my hand. They don't like "strangers" a lot. The way they look at me with their eyes wide open is just hilarious every time :lol2:

My cat is 16 and very well traveled. Not much phases him... but the first few times I got dressed he'd watch me intently, as if wondering "WTF??"
Now, it's all business as usual and he doesn't react at all.

kymmieLorain
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I am not sure but I do think my dog knows, and he told the cat.

Kymmie

erika130
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Grea thread, My cat & my dog know and as most of you have pointed out, they could care less how I'm dressed/how I look, long as I feed him, love 'em
They both do stare at me sometimes slightly longer, probably thinking, "well that's a change of look!"

ILV2DRESS
05-05-2010, 08:18 PM
LOL I have a cane corso that is a little aggressive towards strangers and when he sees my completely dressed he goes nuts until I talk and he smells me lol ..My other two couldnt care less I guess I am not fooling them..lol

jenna_woods
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
yes my cat feels the same way

windycissy
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
After two days my dog has totally accepted me as a woman, he barks at strange men so I hope I doesn't bark at me when I switch back! Fortunately I have another whole day as a woman before the witching hour, and get this: I accidentally called him "girl" today and he didn't seem to mind at all :battingeyelashes:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0db24b3127ccefa5f0ca448f200000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Cassandra Lynn
05-05-2010, 11:29 PM
My beloved Vizsla Mari, The Wonder Dog, has seen me semi-dressed enough to be bored with it. She did have to learn to be careful with the paws on my legs, but that was yrs ago. She's getting up there now.
I haven't fully dressed with make-up and a wig yet, so i'm wondering if she might actually take a longer look when the time comes. mj (Cassie)

God Bless all the critters great and small.

Alice Green
05-06-2010, 12:09 AM
My animals (it's like a zoo here) I don't think they really care, as long as i still pet them and fed them, i got to say there all so cute, they love me no matter what.

windycissy
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
My last night as a woman for a while, all dressed up with someplace to go...look who thinks he's coming along:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0db27b3127ccefa58da05800100000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

He's always bummed when I leave him behind, but his tail will be wagging when I come home!