PDA

View Full Version : acceptance?

Teri Jean
05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
This past weekend my oldest daughter and grandson came over to visit. It was a normal family get together. Being I am transitioning there was the consession that for a year she wanted grandpa to be there for my grandson, (male figure). Although this time is close to being over she knows there is the feminine side that is everyday other than when she is there.

Now for the longest time I felt she was using her son in an attempt to stop or stall my transition but then this weekend she was getting ready to go out with some of her friends and she needed to do her nails and hair before hand. So here comes the question; Dad do you have a top coat for my nails?:o Yep, it's in the cabinet over the kitchen sink. Later; Dad do you have a hair dryer?:o Yep, it's in the vanity. To which she later said thankyou for the help. :daydreaming:

Tonight my youngest daughter called and said she had some MK products she cannot use as her skin is to sensitive and she knows it is a brand I use. :D Now my daughters are thirty something and they know I will do just about anything for them. Maybe this is their subtle way of saying we support you and know this is what I need and want.:daydreaming: What is your feelings?
Am I dreaming or is there a chance this may be the start of more acceptance?

Teri:hugs:

Naomi Rayne
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Usually i believe in peoples good until i see what bad they can do. This may be the start of her acceptance of you and your needs. But the unfortunate part about it is that i do not think you can rely on some simple comments to actually be sure. Maybe you should sit down and talk to her about it?

Brandi Wyne
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
It sounds good but never be lulled into thinking they are all fine with Teri. I had something like that but when it came down to it, I was a freak or wierdo to them.
Good luck with that.

sissystephanie
05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Teri,

I would say that it is a definite sign of acceptance! I finally told my daughter last year, when she was 53 y/o. My wife and I had decided that we would my CD activites a secret from our children when we married. But my wife passed away in 2005 and I finally decided it was time to tell. My daughters comment was, "you are still my Dad, no matter what you have on!" My son's attitude was very similar, as was that of all my grandchildren. I don't dress in a highly visible way at anytime, and I don't wear skirts or dresses around the family. But they do know that I do wear skirts and dresses and don't care. I am still the Dad or Grandpa!

CharleneT
05-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Sounds like acceptance to me ! Slow but sure.

Must be fun and poignant, to hear those words "Dad, do you have a top coat I can use ..." I'm curious, if they get to the point where you aren't referred to as "Dad", what would you like them to call you ?

Lexine
05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
I'll second some of the other girls' opinions here, which is yes... it is acceptance, but you can't rush into it. But, at the very least, you know that they are making an attempt to be accepting ;)

MrKunk
05-04-2010, 11:50 PM
sounds like you have two very wonderful daughters that are beginning to accept your femme side.

noeleena
05-05-2010, 04:27 AM
Hi.
I would say how long has it been that your daughter knew of your other side. & time was a part of this no dought, the message is, im getting used to the new you .
gently does it & yes acceptance is / will be there .
Iv had 7 years & the first two were the worst for Kaylyn who is 32 next week & she has two kidies & with one on the way,she went through hell as well,
& of cause accepts im a woman yet im still her dad , i have her daughter Dejarn who is 7 with us a lot , so that alone says it all , if not i would not have her, Dejarn, with us & doing so many things to gether.

Sounds so neat ,

...noeleena...

Sheila
05-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Teri, I would go with yes, maybe they needed the time for their baby steps and they needed to "Know" dad was still there in their mind & maybe they worried about you at some point changing your mind and maybe being hurt by others over your transition, so distancing themselves was maybe their way of being there and not saying I told you so if that happened !!!!! ........... but yeah overall I would say they are more than getting there :)

Katesback
05-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Sis:

It has been said before and I will say it again. Transition is YOUR venture. It can only be done with your own decision, drive, reslove, ect.

You can do it two ways. One is to say "I am going to be me" and disregard the expectations of others, or you can do what a lot of people do and that is try to go through it with the blessing of others.

The latter is nearly always filled with pain and suffering and often the person trainsitioning gives up and go back in the closet to remain living as the person other people are expecting them to live as. I have met post opp women who lived part time as boys because they still even after SRS were living up to the expectations of others. I probably dont have to tell you that these people had JUST A FEW MAJOR ISSUES! Probably the worse was the fact that they really were not women since they never did give up the past life and move on.

The choice is yours.

Katie