PDA

View Full Version : Non-acceptance?

Nicole Erin
05-04-2010, 11:18 PM
No this is not one of my ridiculous parody threads...

So anyways, the lady I work with mostly at school is pretty much my stylist until she has to move to Arizona. :sad:

But anyways at school, the people I talk to a lot of course know about me, duh...

but I think they are becoming non-accepting of my male side. :heehee:
Damn the bad luck. I think they are trying to turn me into a woman, one of them. :eek:

It will happen someday, oh yes, it will, the day when people say, "Wow, you really used to be a guy?"

I was out having a smoke with a couple of the ladies, showing off one of my new shirts, and one of them said something about her own shirt showing off her boobage, I told her, "Heh, I wish I had boobs to show off" and the other lady was like, "Oh don't worry, I wish I had some too". Without missing a beat, the booby-lady goes, "Why don't both of you get some?" in a serious tone, saying something about silicones.

With this whole transition thing, people talk about passing VS acceptance.
I now know that acceptance is better than fretting about "passing" (which I don't very well).
I feel that beauty school is training me not only in hair/skin/nails, but in how to be a woman. What better training than immersion?

I want to transition, and I now know, I can do this! With some help from the ladies at school, I can get a real firm grasp on the fashion/voice/socialization.
They even talk about woman stuff that is normally reserved (or so I assume) for women only.

You all don't know just how excited I am about how this is going.
You let your internal woman out, she will take over.

My only male influence is the one guy friend I have who, I kind of think, is more of a woman than a lot of women even though he is not technically trans.

MrKunk
05-04-2010, 11:43 PM
All I can say is wow. If you feel the need to keep your physical gender traits then do not let anyone change your mind. However it seems you have found an extremely supportive enviorment for your cding and femme side. One could only wish to be so lucky to find that much acceptance of their femme side as a physical man.

Katesback
05-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Sis if you are presenting to them as a boy I promise you that thier attitude is not the same as if you were presenting to them as a girl.

For all you know they REALLY might just assume you are a gay man (since that is often what people see trans people as). There is a major difference between seeing a movie and reading a book. You have presented them the book but they have not had the visual as of yet!

You cannot draw any conclusions to what they are thinking based on thier actions at this time. Actually even after you present as a woman you cannot draw conclusions as well. You just have to be you and stand tall and not give others opinions any thought.

Katie

Nicole Erin
05-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Well Kate, thanks for pissing on that parade. We can always count on your for that

carolinoakland
05-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, I think you hit the nail on the head about transition. If I was to write a book it'd be titled " It's more than putting on a dress and make up''.

Sheila
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Kate I believe Nicole is presenting as female at school, but they know she is a GM

But anyways at school, the people I talk to a lot of course know about me, duh...

Damn the bad luck. I think they are trying to turn me into a woman, one of them. :eek:

of course they are, turning GM's into women is in our plans for women to rule the world one day :D:D

I am glad you are enjoying school and rebuilding your life Nicole :hugs:, looking forward to hearing more about your journey :)

Rianna Humble
05-05-2010, 11:56 AM
at school, the people I talk to a lot of course know about me, duh...

Could it just be possible that they like you (Nicole) so much that they want to encourage you to fulfil your dream?

It will happen someday, oh yes, it will, the day when people say, "Wow, you really used to be a guy?"

I'm sure you're right Nicole - and the difference between you and me is that they will be contrasting you as this beautiful woman with some guy. With me, they'll be comparing an old bag with and old slob.

With this whole transition thing, people talk about passing VS acceptance.
I now know that acceptance is better than fretting about "passing" (which I don't very well).
I feel that beauty school is training me not only in hair/skin/nails, but in how to be a woman. What better training than immersion?

I want to transition, and I now know, I can do this! With some help from the ladies at school, I can get a real firm grasp on the fashion/voice/socialization.

They even talk about woman stuff that is normally reserved (or so I assume) for women only.

You all don't know just how excited I am about how this is going.
You let your internal woman out, she will take over.

Go for it Nicole! You're right! You can do it!

I hope you'll forgive me being a little bit envious of you in this situation. I can't be jealous because you deserve your happiness so much.

Nicole Erin
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
[B]of course they are, turning GM's into women is in our plans for women to rule the world one day :D:D

I KNEW it! :eek:
(looks for direction to run away)

OH crap I can't run in these heels

With my situation, well I have a degree in I.T. but I was never able to get a job.
As we know, being TG is a huge part of life, everyone from the deep-closet ones to the full time TS. So, we must adapt certain things.

For anyone GLBT, cosmetology is definately one path. It is a field where your sexual preference or gender presentation are not issues. We have straight and gay men and women, a CD, a TS (me) and ya know, NO ONE cares.

My main girlfriend there told me "You need to wear makeup more often, you look good.." same lady who has been doing my hair.

Now on a side note - I don't know if I stepped on her toes at some point, but how come TamaraV never chimes in my threads about this stuff? She knows enough about this stuff to make me look like an amateur.

Charlena
05-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I am very happy for you Nicole. Best wishes on beauty school and the courage to be who you are. My wife and I come to Indy every year in August jot us down for a nail appointment. But nobody cuts my hair sorry!