PDA

View Full Version : First time outside the house

Emily Ann Brown
08-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Another small step for Emily. I felt I looked good enough to pass sooooo..I put a change of clothes and a wet rag in the car and off I went. Goal was to find out my comfort level. Went to buy gas first. Didn't seem to raise an eyebrow. A guy honking his horn made me jump a bit (who do I know that has just spotted me), but he was trying to get someone else's attention. Drove around for a bit next. Decided to push it a little further. Went to the grocery store. I wanted to set out in the lot and maybe look at the store windows next door, but a group of rowdy teens were in the lot, so I settled for walking up and getting a coke from the machine. Best Coke I ever had.

Plan to go out again tonight and push the envelope a little further.

Emily Ann

vicki true
08-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Another small step for Emily. I felt I looked good enough to pass sooooo..I put a change of clothes and a wet rag in the car and off I went. Goal was to find out my comfort level. Went to buy gas first. Didn't seem to raise an eyebrow. A guy honking his horn made me jump a bit (who do I know that has just spotted me), but he was trying to get someone else's attention. Drove around for a bit next. Decided to push it a little further. Went to the grocery store. I wanted to set out in the lot and maybe look at the store windows next door, but a group of rowdy teens were in the lot, so I settled for walking up and getting a coke from the machine. Best Coke I ever had.

Plan to go out again tonight and push the envelope a little further.

Emily Ann

HI EMILY ANN
good for you, go girl :thumbsup: :love:

Fallen Angel
08-18-2005, 09:26 AM
kodo"s for you! was that first step realy great.and makes you feel realy good inside im proud of you xxxx

Wendy me
08-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Emily Ann you go girlfreind each step you take on your own leads you one step more. so cool way to go just be safe be careful and above all else have fun ... soooo proude of you.......

Phoebe Reece
08-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Way to go Emily! Every small step takes you somewhere. Keep pushing the envelope.

danigrrl
08-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Congratulations Emily! I'm sure it was both nerve racking and exhilerating. The first step always is. I'm proud of you for taking it though. :cheer:

Natalie x
08-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Way cool, Emily, well done :thumbsup: (scary, isn't it? but sooo much fun)

Take care, we are really proud of you.

Sharon
08-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Very cool, Emily Ann! :)

I absolutely hate car horns and sirens when I'm out, positive in my heart that I'm about to be confronted and/or exposed by whatever demons are out there.

Emily Ann Brown
08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
So true Sharon...the lady that walked the dog beside my car while I was looking for change for the drink was nothing compared to that horn blasting.

Sister Karren told me this morning (after I'm back home) that a straw is a handy thing to keep in your pocketbook so you don't mess up your lipstick.
Wish I would have had one last night.

Emily Ann

tifftg
08-18-2005, 12:37 PM
I remember the first time out the door was the hardest. Then I wanted to do it again. I too went to a gas station and then an ATM. So cool looking at my fingernails pushing that card into the slot. Seemed so femme. Keep the stories coming and yes take that straw along.

Hugs,

Tiff

Emily Ann Brown
08-18-2005, 12:49 PM
You hit it Tiff...seeing that hand full of painted nails putting the coins in the machine...and knowing they're YOURS. I thought maybe I was the only one who got a rush from that. Another thing I 'm getting a rush from....as I'm typing this I realize I DID'T TAKE THE LADIES BRACELET OFF THIS MORNING !!
Wonder how many of my coworkers have picked up on that this morning???
Oh geesh......

Emily Ann

Tristen Cox
08-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Well done Emily :thumbsup: That's a diet coke you got right?:p

Emily Ann Brown
08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Absolutely, can't let Melissa down on the weight loss pact

Emily Ann

Stephanie Mancini
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Emily Ann Brown what can i say except a fantastic first time out honey :bow: , small steps

Steph

Elinor
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Emily You GO GIRL