PDA

View Full Version : Got it!!!!

Staci G
05-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Ok those of you that read my post about the job interview! I got it and they offered me more during the meeting than originaly on the phone. Now for the fun part. I left home at 5:30 am for the 3 and 1/2 hr trip to Durham, I didn't make it 10 miles and had to stop to change and do my makeup. I drove all the way enfemm and went through the drive thru for breakfast.

After the meeting I had to get a drug test so I made sure I studied really hard the night before. I did my pee pee duty then was on my way home, I got about 10 more miles and changed again, I got all prettied up and stopped at a wig shop because I have learned to hate the black one I have. I got a really pretty brown one with highlights (photos coming soon). Well I had to change back before I got home (wife, ya know) and thats the end of staci day.

NOW the good part is the company is going to be putting me up at an Extended Stay for several weeks while my daughter is still in school and when that's finished I can move the family down there with me, I will be coming home on weekends but I will be able to dress every night :yahoo: during the week. SOOO thanks for all your well wishing and prayers I am going to rejoin the work force after 14 months of looking.

DonnaT
05-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Congratulations, Staci.

RADER
05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Staci G:
That is great, good news is always great to hear. Maybe things are starting
to turn around. !4 months is a long time with out work. Longest I ever
went was 5 months, back in 1979, remember interest rates went up to
20+ % on mortgages, and nobody was building houses.(Retired Carpenter)
I am very happy for you, and all the best in the days to come. Rader:cheer:

boardpuppy
05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
That's great....when do we start the big shopping spree.

Hugs,
Alice

Staci G
05-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Soon Alice, very soon.

Loni
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
i can not imagine not have a job for that long, most i ever had off was only a couple weeks.

not counting the two and one half years when my leg was crushed.

good to hear things are look up for you.

Karenmarie
05-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Congratulations Staci!!!!!

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE, BUT FOR YOUR
SAKE I HAVE TO ASK........DOES YOUR EMPLOYER HAVE ALL YOUR
FACTS??????? They can fire you outright if you lie on your
employment records. This COULD hurt you bad in your future.

On the other hand, if they know EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU than
everything will be good.

Good luck with you new job.

Hugs
Karenmarie

Jannette H
05-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Congrats Staci, I know you feel real good now. You must have done alot of searching Take Care.

Cassandra Lynn
05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Way to go Staci. I recently found a job after 8 months of unemployment, so i know how excited you are. Best of wishes and enjoy the CDing freedom. mj (Cassie)

docrobbysherry
05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Do u have ANY idea how many girls here, r so jealous?:brolleyes:

PretzelGirl
05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Congratulations Staci! Now you know which pair are your lucky panties. :heehee:

MissKara
05-06-2010, 12:44 AM
That is awesome :D Congrats!

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

AKAMichelle
05-06-2010, 01:03 AM
congratulations. The job would have been enough good news for me

eluuzion
05-06-2010, 01:34 AM
I am going to assume "job" is a term referring to going to a place where people work (whatever that is) and people give you checks for money?:doh:

Anyway, congratulations! It takes some real character to continue on for that length of time. Seeking employment is one of the toughest challenges to your self-esteem that I can imagine.

You should be very proud of your self-determination. You are another great example for all of us that "giving up" should never be an option.

Good Luck with the new position...you earned it. :hugs:

Sheila
05-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Congratulations Staci :)

Staci G
05-06-2010, 05:40 AM

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE, BUT FOR YOUR
SAKE I HAVE TO ASK........DOES YOUR EMPLOYER HAVE ALL YOUR
FACTS??????? They can fire you outright if you lie on your
employment records. This COULD hurt you bad in your future.

Karen, in order to "rain on my parade" one must assume I lie on my resume, I have 18 years experience in the position I have applied for and all of those years can and will be verified. If I lie on my application I am the only one that will lose, so that being said I have all of my facts in order and all true.

Elusion, Yep thats the place and yep they will be giving me real money too, it has been a long year but I have beeen in school living on Pell grants and Stafford loans (hanging my head down in shame) I am still in school but when I get my BS it will be worth it. Thanks for the lift I needed the umbrella!

BRANDYJ
05-06-2010, 05:54 AM
I am very happy for you Stacy.

Stephenie S
05-06-2010, 06:10 AM
So I'm a little confused.

Did you apply for and get the job as a woman? And your family doesn't know? Or was all this changing back and forth just for the trip? I got lost a while back I guess.

Anyway, glad to know you are working again. That's always a good feeling, huh?

Stephie

RobynB
05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Congradulations on the new job!

Freddy12
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Congratulations, Staci!

You will be missed in Asheville!

Best of luck in the new position. I know that you will enjoy the Staci time while in the Extended Stay. You won't have to worry about being outed!

I am very happy for you!

victoriamwilliams1
05-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Congrats on the new job:)

Jorja
05-06-2010, 08:45 AM
:cheer::w00t::yahoo: