PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Happy

Mya Summers
05-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Here's the deal that is going on in my life. My wife is trying to join the ARMY:sad:. She has passed the ASVAB test for the military and is now waiting to take the ARMY physical to make sure she is fit enough to join. I don't want her to join but I can't get back in. It has been her life long dream to join as well.

The bad part about it is that she will have to be gone to basic training anywhere from 16-42 weeks, depending on what job she takes:sad:. The other bad part about it is that I will be left here at home taking care of 3 kids by myself:doh:, which if everyone here does what they say they will do which is give me a break from them once in a while, it won't be so bad.

The only good part about it is that when the kids are in bed or gone for the weekend Mya can come out and be herself for a change and not have to feel guilty about it:D We have a friend and TX that we have known now for almost 11 years does not know what I do, but has seen a couple pics (thanks to me having alchohol in me..lol) dressed we "told her it was Halloween pics" she jokingly said to my wife that her and I could go to kids soccer games and stuff while my wife was on duty, so I made a come back question and asked if I could wear my skirt and heel's and she said yes, but I walked out of the room after that. I heard my wife telling her something but wasn't sure what it was, but it would be cool if my wife got stationed there where this girl is at and I could open up with her friend cause she is so understanding about things but it wouldn't be with out my wife's permission though. OMG I have rattled on about nothing of things.

Back to the point it will be a joyess situation for me but sad at the same time, because the one that I love, the mother of my children will be out of my life for a while. I personally do not look forward to her leaving, but a small part of me want's her to so that I can be Mya when I want to be.

Maybe in the long run it might help us both out as well, give us some needed time away from each other, plus depending on where she get's stationed and if I'm lucky might be close to a bigger city where there are more of us CDer's and hopefully some from on here that I could meet up with once in a while and go out for once without being to scarred of rejection :daydreaming:

Well I have bored you gal's enough I'm sure with my thread so I'll close out for now and let you all put in your :2c:..lol

AKAMichelle
05-06-2010, 10:27 AM
I know this is going to be tough on you and the kids. Get some down time and make sure those friends stick to their promises to give you some relief. When the kids are away, then maybe cd'ing can truly be that stress reliever for you.

Kathi Lake
05-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Mya, you can do this!

This can be a very good thing - not only for your wife and your marriage, but for you and your kids as well. What a great opportunity for some bonding time with your babies! From what I've heard, there is nothing more fulfilling than being a mother. Although we can never experience that, we can experience the next best thing - being Mr. Mom! Think of the fun things you can do - the stories, baking cookies together, and getting closer to your kids than most fathers ever will.

My wife was gone for an entire Summer a few years ago. Was it hard? Certainly! I wouldn't trade that time for anything, though. My kids and I grew incredibly close during that time, and I still see the effects of that to this day. Treasure it!

Yes, you will have Mia time as well. Still, remember that you're there primarily for your kids. Make it count!

Kathi

Mya Summers
05-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I know that it will be good for our marriage with some time apart considering that for almost the past 10 years we have never really been away from each other for a period of time. I am kinda nervous about it though which I am sure is normal for any relationship... Yeah I will get to be Mr.Mom though while she is gone, but even right now I am like that according to everyone around us, since I get worried sick over them everytime they dissapear out of my site..lol Just to bad my children wheren't old enough to understand why I do dress so they would understand somewhat, so I'll probably more than likely not dress while they are awake or around the house. Who knows maybe me and the kids will grow a closer relationship with each other during that period time their mom is gone.

DonnaT
05-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Best wishes to you both.

Hopefully your wife will choose an MOS that will not send her into a combat zone.

My wife and I were both in the Army, and I got her pregnant, twice, so we wouldn't be separated.